Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

I mean, I guess. That makes sense. I didn't realize they were that close to the cap.

Getting rid of the best receiver on the team(don't anyone say tyreek is better, he's not) pretty much means the Chiefs are in a sort of proto-rebuild/rearrange mode to get the team ready for Mahomes. Marcus Peters needs to be resigned, Tyreek too. Also getting another WR1 and DT.

Pat Mahomes is Andy Reid's last shot at winning a SB, and I think he knows it, so they're going to make the team the best possible situation for Pat Mahomes to waltz into.

This definitely signals that the team has shut the door on the Alex Smith era.
The move signals that they had -9.4 million to sign 35 FA's in 2018, and not enough space to sign the 2017 draft class.

A bunch of bad contracts finally caught up to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This is true about Poe, but I feel like you are kinda inventing it in Maclin's case, every report says he has looked great in OTAs this season, and the Bills signed him within hours of the KC release

Jaye Howard was a good DL, there's a reason RBs started getting 5-6 YPC every snap against KC after he got hurt last season
The problem with Maclin is he's likely going to miss some time (missed time last year, limped through the end of the playoffs before that) and Alex will be the same passer with or without Jeremy Maclin.

He was absolutely going to be a cut next year, so I can't blame Dorsey for just saying gently caress it and just doing it now.

Also, runners were getting 5 a clip against the D all year long. Teams were stupid and started passing on them for who knows why :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Dwayne Bowe, kind of. He got busted for a diuretic or whatever that's usually used to mask steroids but he was just trying to cut weight in the first Todd Haley year.

You can easily argue that this was an instance of a coach being a jackass about weight instead of a fitness thing though.
I remember Todd Haley and his fatty concentration camp.

Branden Albert dipped below 300 pounds and got pushed around all year. All because Todd called him a fat slop of poo poo.

• Locked thread