Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

print the shits

look at fuckin brady there lol god damnit

:chord:

Favre's last good season was at age 40. On one hand, he was a genetic freak in terms of durability. On the other hand, he would get fat in the offseason chugging beer and oxycontin, while Brady is a diet & exercise freak 24/7/365 who chugs the finest blends of undetectable PEDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Julian Edelman confirms Papa Gino's supremacy with special guest douche Guy Fieri.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813353/article/edelman-reviews-new-england-pizza-with-guy-fieri

Papa John's can eat a buffet of dead dog dicks.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

Mariota wants some of that Wilson robot man cash

https://twitter.com/JasonWolf/status/872275305502822400

He has actual likability tho

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Brady has an Infinity Gauntlet, you done hosed up now.

E: exactly 283 diamonds in that ring.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 10, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

I don't think I will ever understand how a professional football player that has team nutritionists, physical trainers, doctors, etc. coupled with a training facility as huge as these teams have with the wide variety of equipment, turns to a workout program designed for people to workout at home with minimal equipment. :psyduck:

Whatever works I guess...

I'm guessing it's more a case of giving him something simple to do when he's away from the facilities & trainers to help keep the flab off in the offseason. P90X takes any thinking out of your workouts, you just look at the schedule and play the corresponding DVD. It's spawned endless internet workout warrior flame wars, but at the very least it's a shitload of exercise if you actually follow the plan.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

P90X has a diet plan you're supposed to follow too. If Fat Eddie followed that he'd be on a pretty severe calorie restriction for a big athlete.

(I think most P90X users just buy the DVDs used and never see the diet plan.)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Worked for Brady. Obviously these examples are anecdotal, but here and there you see athletes talking about how they used to eat like poo poo but improved their diets and suddenly feel much better and more full of energy.

He's saying you can't *make* them do it, not that they shouldn't do it.

Brady sought out the magic smoothie poo poo etc. himself.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Sataere posted:

Holy poo poo that second break.

2007 Randy Moss was well past his prime because he'd lost that insane fluidity.

And he had 23 touchdowns anyway because lol it was still Randy fuckin' Moss.

e: Forgot about this, just :laffo: http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/0ap2000000148513/Randy-Moss-laterals-to-Moe-Williams

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Like throwing a slant to noted route runner Ricardo Lockette? :v:

"Let's pass at the goal line"
"Uh...maybe that would be OK?"
"And the primary read will be a guy with 25 career receptions!"
"Wat"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Just heard Tom Brady has retired, accurate?

What's the batting average for the voices in your head? :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

At least you didn't say pop tart. :haw:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Raku posted:

Brady's line was garbage just two years ago. It's one of the reasons his quick throwing motion is so crucial to his game.

Pats OL is almost always overrated because of Brady. They're usually OK but almost never great.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

kiimo posted:

Nah it's over.

It's bound to be true eventually!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My hot take is that even if Brady leaves and his backups all prove to be :effort: but Belichick stays, he can keep the team at least respectable with his cheating black magic COACHING.

If Belichick leaves I think the entire organization collapses. His coaching tree is more like a disease vector, so promoting from within will probably produce a catastrophe like the 2010 Broncos or some poo poo where the talent isn't even that bad but the team is pure dysfunction.

evilweasel posted:

reportedly he does want to win without brady to show it was all him

There is probably some of this, but I bet it's tempered with a strong dose of "Holy poo poo I do not want to deal with some new dumb QB who doesn't know what the gently caress, or another old drunk like Kosar who won't loving do what he's told."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

For me, Jeff Fisher will always be the definitive example of absolute mediocrity hiding behind fake tough guy bluster. Watching him suffer is like a cold beer on a hot day for me. :allears:

Jeff Fisher, TIED for most losses ever, because of course he did. 17 fewer wins than Dan Reeves though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Falcons are bad and should feel bad.

:thejoke:

• Locked thread