Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 19 starts June 28th on CBS.

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 14+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 19?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop (the station formerly known as TVGN) you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

http://poptv.com/big_brother_after_dark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:

Den of Temptation. Each week, America will choose one Houseguest to go into a secret room to choose whether to take a secret power. If they do, a curse will be unleashed upon the house in turn.

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother now added to CBS All Access, in addition to the feeds you'll now also have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Obligatory:

Fedelm in season 17 thread posted:

I can't wait to watch people put a target on their back by throwing others under the bus and backdooring floaters on the chopping block when they should've voted with the house even though it's nothing personal, but they didn't come here to make friends so sometimes they have to get blood on their hands in order to do what's best for their game so no matter where your head is at, at the end of the day it is what it is.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History
  • Alex
    - Evicted Week 11 (2-1)
  • Cameron
    - Evicted Day 1 (8-3-2)
  • Christmas
    - Evicted on Finale Night (1-0)
  • Cody
    - Evicted Week 2 (0-8-3)
    - Re-entered Week 4 from Battle Back
    - Evicted Week 7 (0-7-0)
    - Won America's Favorite Houseguest $25,000
  • Dominique
    - Evicted Week 3 (10-0)
  • Elena
    - Won $5,000
    - Evicted Week 7 (6-1)
  • Jason
    - Evicted Week 10 (3-2)
  • Jessica
    - Evicted Week 6 (7-0-1)
  • Jillian
    - Evicted Week 1 (8-4)
  • Josh
    - Won Big Brother 19 (5-4) $500,000
  • Kevin
    - Won $25,000
    - Evicted Week 11 (1-0)
  • Mark
    - Won Colorado Trip
    - Evicted Week 8 (4-2)
  • Matt
    - Evicted Week 9 (6-0 Includes penalty vote)
  • Megan
    - Self-evicted Week 1
  • Paul
    - Second Place $50,000
  • Ramses
    - Evicted Week 4 (7-3)
  • Raven
    - Evicted Week 10 (2-1)

Week 1 - Day 1
Temptation 1: $25,000 to anonymous HG who takes temptation [Kevin takes first] ~ Result: Season 18 Paul enters house and Kevin has to throw first HOH
Protection: Paul gives 8 Friendship bracelets to protect HGs from first elimination, rest compete to determine who Paul replaces in House ~ Kevin, Raven, Dominique, Mark, Jason, Jessica, Ramses, Elena Protected.
Temptation 2 Competition: Remaining Houseguests compete with three unlucky HGs getting poisoned apples. Cody as winner is safe. Cameron, Christmas and Jillian poisoned and up for eviction.
Temptation 3: Power to determine eviction type ~ Competition (Cameron) VS Vote (Christmas & Jillian). Vote Wins.
Eviction Vote: Cameron VS Christmas VS Jillian
Eliminated Player: Cameron evicted 8-3-2, Paul replaces Cameron as 16th Houseguest

Week 1
HOH: Cody (Josh took one-week safety in exchange for making his team lose competition)
Nominations: Jillian & Megan
Have Nots: Josh, Jillian, Megan, Paul, Ramses - First HN can pick 1 of 2 boxes to stop being HN or get 1 extra week. Paul picks correct box, no longer HN
Update: Megan self-evicts, Alex replaces Megan on block
Den of Temptation: Pendant of Protection (Winner safe for first 3 weeks) ~ Paul, Blind chooses Player #2 for curse (Ramses goes in second during curse round, has to put himself on block within next three weeks)
Veto Winner: Alex (Used on self, Replaced with Paul [Paul uses protection power], Replaced with Christmas); Raven takes summer Have Not Pass
Final Nominees: Christmas VS Jillian
Update: Christmas injures foot
Eliminated Player: Jillian (8-4)

Week 2
HOH: Paul
Den of Temptation: Christmas (Christmas can choose to replace non-nominee/HOH in veto competition with herself. Cursed Cody, Jason and Jessica with Ve-Toad costumes)
Nominations: Ramses (Initiates his curse) & Alex & Josh
Have Nots: Cody, Jason, Jessica, Matt (Jason attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Paul (Used on Josh, replaced with Cody)
Final Nominees: Alex VS Cody VS Ramses
Eliminated Player: Cody (0-8-3)

Week 3
HOH: Alex
Nominations: Dominique & Jessica
Have Nots: Jason (Penalty from previous week), Josh, Mark, Ramses (Chosen by Alex for being first off previous HOH comp. Josh attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Jason (Not used) Temptation (Pick up chalice to drop out of comp for $ - Kevin takes, wins $27)
Final Nominees: Dominique VS Jessica
Den of Temptation: Jessica (Halting Hex winner can cancel eviction for that week)
Eliminated Player: Dominique (10-0)

Week 4
Battle Back Competition 1: First Four Evicted compete in comp, top two advance. (Cameron, Cody advance)
Battle Back Competition 2: Cameron VS Cody - Cody Wins, faces HG selection in final game. Paul selected.
Battle Back Competition 3: Paul VS Cody - Cody Wins, returns to game
HOH: Jessica
Nominations: Josh & Ramses
Have Nots: Josh (Penalty from previous week), Kevin, Mark, Paul (First three out of previous HOH comp. Mark attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Jessica (Not Used)
Final Nominees: Josh VS Ramses
Eliminated Player: Ramses (7-3)

Week 5
Temptation Curse Reveal: Halting Hex creates Temptation Competition (HGs can choose to compete, first place gets safety, last becomes third nominee)
Temptation Competition: Mark wins and is safe, Jason comes in last and is nominated
Nominations: Jason + Cody & Jessica
Have Nots: Mark (Penalty from previous week), Alex, Christmas, Elena (Elena attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Paul (Used on Jason)
Final Nominees: Cody VS Jessica
Eliminated Player: None (Halting Hex Used)

Week 6
HOH: Josh
Temptation Competition: Cody wins and is safe, Jessica comes in last and is nominated
Nominations: Jessica + Elena & Mark
Have Nots: Elena (Penalty from previous week)
Veto Player Selection: Cody picked to play, Christmas uses Temptation to replace him with herself
Veto Winner: Mark (Used on self, replaced with Raven)
Final Nominees: Jessica VS Elena VS Raven
Eliminated Player: Jessica (7-0-1)

Week 7
Temptation Competition: Mark wins and is safe, Matt comes in last and is nominated
Nominations: Elena & Jason
Have Nots: Jason, Kevin, Mark, Paul (First four out of previous HOH comp. Mark picks correct box, no longer HN)
Veto Winner: Matt (Used on Jason, replaced with Cody. Jason ~ Extreme-o-tard, Paul ~ 48 Hours Tandem sky-dive with Christmas, Alex ~ 1 Week Camping Gear Setup)
Final Nominees: Elena VS Cody VS Matt
Eliminated Player: Cody (0-7-0)

Week 7 Double Eviction
HOH: Jason
Nominations: Elena & Mark
Veto Winner: Mark (Used on self, replaced with Matt)
Final Nominees: Elena VS Matt
Eliminated Player: Elena (6-1)

Week 8
HOH: Christmas
Tree of Temptation: First HG to go into DR when tree lights up can pick one of five apples with a secret power ~ Two Vetoes, Eliminate 2 Votes, Bounty on Your Head, Can’t Play in Next HOH, Save a Friend
Tree: Mark picked the apple that had Save a Friend. Used on Paul.
Nominations: Jason & Matt
Have Nots: Josh, Mark (Chosen by HOH)
Veto Winner: Jason (Used on self, replaced with Mark)
Final Nominees: Mark VS Matt
Eliminated Player: Mark (4-2)

Week 9
HOH: Jason
Tree: No apple picked
Nominations: Matt & Raven
Have Nots: Kevin, Matt (First two out of previous HOH comp.)
Veto Winner: Jason (Not used)
Final Nominees: Matt VS Raven
Update: Matt eats non-Have Not food, is assessed a penalty vote
Eliminated Player: Matt (6-0)

Week 10
HOH: Christmas
Tree: No apple picked
Nominations: Alex & Jason
Veto Winner: Paul (Used on Alex, replaced with Kevin)
Final Nominees: Jason VS Kevin
Eliminated Player: Jason (3-2, Christmas cast tie-breaker)

Week 10 Double Eviction
Nominations: Kevin & Raven
Veto Winner: Josh (Not used)
Final Nominees: Kevin VS Raven
Eliminated Player: Raven (2-1)

Week 11 Wednesday Show
HOH: Josh
Nominations: Alex & Kevin
Veto Winner: Paul (Not used)
Final Nominees: Alex VS Kevin
Eliminated Player: Alex (2-1, Josh cast tie-breaker)

Week 11 Thursday Show
Nominations: Josh & Kevin
Veto Winner: Paul (Not used)
Final Nominees: Josh VS Kevin
Eliminated Player: Kevin (1-0)

Week 12
Final HOH Part One: Paul
Final HOH Part Two: Josh
Final HOH Part Three: Paul VS Josh ~ Josh wins
Final Nominees: Paul VS Christmas
Eliminated Player: Christmas

Jury
Final Houseguests: Josh VS Paul
Christmas: Paul
Kevin: Paul
Alex: Josh
Raven: Paul
Jason: Josh
Matt: Paul
Mark: Josh
Elena: Josh
Cody: Josh

Winner: Josh wins Big Brother Season 19 with a vote of 5-4!
America's Favorite: Top three of Jason, Kevin and Cody, with Cody winning the $25,000

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 21, 2017

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I hope the contestants don't push Stac Goat to the edge of sanity this season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sitting here thinking and legit the only thing I can remember from last season is that it annoyed me so much I kinda rage quit before it was done and then ignored the internet season that followed.

Oh wait, it's coming back to me. The cute romance between James and... Natalie? Cody's brother being horrible? Da'vonne driving Vanessa's sister into a mental break? Frank being unable to decide if he was a good guy or a bad guy?

Who won? Why was I so mad? Nicole? Why did I hate her when I used to like her? So much of last season seems like a blank to me.

Of course that was pre-Trump when all time started moving at a much different pace. So that could explain it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Did they reveal the hamsters yet?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Not yet, should happen in around 2 more weeks.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cast reveal confirmed for June 19th:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1007201/meet-the-new-big-brother-season-19-cast-before-anyone-else/

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So they are doing a live feed event a week before the premiere. It's a shame they aren't mixing the online season into the new season, and starting the feeds day one.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I agree, Over the Top definitely had a some nice changes introduced. Hopefully they'll at least consider the live diaries.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Here's hoping it's good this year

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

Here's hoping it's good this year
What's the over/under on mactors/bartenders this season?

I'm gonna set the o/u line at 16, with the median age of the hamsters at 21.75 years.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
BB18 was one of the best ever, how can you guys have forgotten? Here is my top ten best moments list so you can remember its greatness:

1.-10.:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm doing my usual hemming and hawing about whether I want to get sucked into this again like I do every summer, but on the pro side I basically just keep coming back to that gif.

edit: I have a problem because I've spent the last few hours just on and off re-reading last season's thread while watching baseball.

I just made this super weird discovery that in August 2016 a full two months before "Pussy Gate" Paulie excused his terribly sexist treatment of Natalie as "locker room talk."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 16, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So who can help me learn how to make gifs from the streams super easy for this season?

And what's the best free hosting site for images? I notice all mine from last year are gone, which makes me sad. Imgur?

edit: Oh, I use a Mac. That matters.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 19, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

A while back I used a program called Gif Cam or something like that. It basically threw a transparent window up that let you capture and then edit anything inside it. Not sure if there are better options today. It was a bit clunky. As for hosting, imgur is probably the easiest off the top of my head, but there are others I have seen people use for high quality gifs and clips. I just don't know their names. Starts with a G?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Are you thinking of Gfycat?

Also, if you have any sort of way to just record a straight video clip from your screen, Imgur has a tool that will automatically convert it to gifv for you. The size kinda sucks by comparison, but would probably be fine for just posting stuff in the thread.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 19, 2017

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

https://giphy.com is another good option.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Generic American posted:

Also, if you have any sort of way to just record a straight video clip from your screen, Imgur has a tool that will automatically convert it to gifv for you. The size kinda sucks by comparison, but would probably be fine for just posting stuff in the thread.

Yeah I think I see people posting gfycat stuff a lot these days.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Generic American posted:

I'm clueless about this stuff. I've never recorded anything or gifed anything, at least not in this decade. I was making gifs 20 years ago with a cable wire plugged into my computer and Quicktime but I'm guessing that's not an option anymore.

I'll look and there's probably some kind of solution. At worst I'll go to one of the TVIV threads where there are gifs and ask someone. But I want to see if I can figure this out next week and make it easy just to have some more fun this season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I appreciate this. Big Brother gifs are much better than the episodes.

STAC, please don't give up. Your labors are better than forcing myself to watch this.

That said, I actually have CBS All Access for some reason. Probably Star Trek. Baseball is on, but, erm, timestamps could be fun and cool!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparent image gallery link of the new cast:

http://bbfeedster.com/big-brother-19-houseguest-photo-gallery/alex/

Official reveal in a few hours.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Christmas Abbott, ugh.

She's from my hometown and is somewhat of a fitness "icon" who calls herself a crossfitter and runs a CF gym here. Let's just say....I'm not excited to see her on television based on the way I've seen her act towards some people in the local CF community here.

She will be a villain.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Looks like an abnormal amount of annoying, douchey people this year.

I was holding out hope for an all star season.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Christmas Abbott

Christmas Abbott

Christmas ABBOTT

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

SweetJahasus posted:

Christmas Abbott, ugh.

She's from my hometown and is somewhat of a fitness "icon" who calls herself a crossfitter and runs a CF gym here. Let's just say....I'm not excited to see her on television based on the way I've seen her act towards some people in the local CF community here.

She will be a villain.

I mean this makes me way happier than "Christmas Abbott is cool and normal" would

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fat Lowtax posted:

I mean this makes me way happier than "Christmas Abbott is cool and normal" would

Yeah, I suppose I can't argue there. I suppose it's just different separating the "character" on tv from the person when the person is in the same community as you. Hell, as a quasi-feedster, I hope she entertains.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jeff interviews now happening on the "live feeds" page.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Teek posted:

Jeff interviews now happening on the "live feeds" page.

I just tuned in, I am 0/1 on liking the people thus far.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
This second guy is the worst person

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Very loud and boisterous. Seems like he'll either go week one, or Devin himself out of the game a couple weeks in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SweetJahasus posted:

This second guy is the worst person

He is a BUSINESS MAN. I dunno, he seems like the guy that will join the biggest alliance he can find, do nothing all season, and act like he played it masterfully when cut near the end.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Very loud and boisterous. Seems like he'll either go week one, or Devin himself out of the game a couple weeks in.

Yeah, I see this dude crying within 10 days.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Resident supernerd seems decent, we'll see if he can lay low.

E: ok I love Boston Dad

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 19, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Old Boston Dad seems like he might be lost in the house. Wonder how he'll fit in.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Oh hi there Clay Corey Cody you sure do look interesting and very good television.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

"VIP concierge"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

TBH I'm just glad that (so far) there aren't any veterans or veterans' siblings/cousins/twins/sister-in-laws

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Papa John Misty posted:

TBH I'm just glad that (so far) there aren't any veterans or veterans' siblings/cousins/twins/sister-in-laws

That's saved for the surprise week 1 twist.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jeff didn't interview everyone did he? Seems like he missed a few that there were photos for, maybe they are the twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I didn't catch them all, but I didn't see any reports of anyone being skipped. Who do you think was missing?

• Locked thread