Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Every jrpg has numbers fly out the head

that kind of thing doesn't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

The Surge has numbers flying off the head but it's a dark souls clone so its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I prefer seeing small numbers. 2, 3, and the like.

It really bothers me when you start a jrpg and your basic attacks do 300 damage and you have 2000 hp. What do these numbers mean. Why are they so high

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It really bothers me when you start a jrpg and your basic attacks do 300 damage and you have 2000 hp. What do these numbers mean. Why are they so high

its japanese so divide by 100 to convert to american

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked how in FF13 when you get a crit or stagger someone the damage numbers get huge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When you stagger them into the air and the numbers get 10x bigger and gold

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6 Golden Nines

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lyle is responsible for at least one third of the 3 million views on this clip

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's loving awesome in Paper Mario when you have ten HP and your attacks do 1, and getting an additional 1 on certain attacks can break the game wide open.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder if every game having rpg mechanics is a trend that will eventually die

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Tender Bender posted:

It's loving awesome in Paper Mario when you have ten HP and your attacks do 1, and getting an additional 1 on certain attacks can break the game wide open.

i thought the numbers in smrpg were small but the paper mario blew my mind

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

another time numbers were cool was when Sephiroth stepped off the Jeep and did 9999 damage with a normal attack

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

another time numbers were cool was when Sephiroth stepped off the Jeep and did 9999 damage with a normal attack

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

When you stagger them into the air and the numbers get 10x bigger and gold

the PC in the monhun world demo was doing 40~70 damage with all these big hammer swings and when the rathalos grabs it and smashes it into a floor it let out a big golden 1000+ number and i decided to forgive capcom for their sins

• Locked thread