Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

The 3DS version of DQXI was detailed today, the 3D version plays like DQVIII 3DS with encounters visible on the map and 3D battles, the 2D version has SNES style sprites and random battles in the classic DQ perspective. So essentially they made 3 different games between the 2D/3D and PS4 versions. Also the game is out in a month in japan but I'm worried we will never see the 3DS version translated

That's insanely awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I saw it too and while it looks impressive it means precisely squat if what you do in it isnt fun, and flying around empty space doesnt sound all that worth the wait.
Spaceship drifting though, has any space game done that i dont think ive seen anything other than spacecrafts slowly turning and moving where they point.

there was a spacefighting game i played on PC that had good visuals and really cool feeling movement but no one bought it and it was also uhh complex and hard to get into. forget what it was called but you could transform between a sort of star wars fighter craft and a mech

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Strike suit zero?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this E3 really sold me on getting a switch. although i still want to build a gaming computer first...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Strike suit zero?

yes that one. i didnt get to really see what it played like because by the time i got it no one was online, and this was pre steam refunds lol

i remember it using like every button on the keyboard for some bullshit though

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Soral posted:

the xbox is Small now.

not over this

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Strike suit zero was one of my first online purchases solely because when i asked if there were any games like omega boost the dude told me this game was basically a spiritual successor.

I have hardly felt tbis betrayed in my life, and I havent played it since because of how let down i was.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Strike suit zero was one of my first online purchases solely because when i asked if there were any games like omega boost the dude told me this game was basically a spiritual successor.

I have hardly felt tbis betrayed in my life, and I havent played it since because of how let down i was.

everyone ever who works on a space combat game is way more interested in making it feel like a simulator with overly complicated controls and mechanics for their autistic vision instead of just making a fun game lol

you'd think by now there'd be a million space combat games that ripoff battlefront 2 and rogue squadron with some changes here and there but all we have is BIGGG SPACEE YOU CAN GO TO THAT PLANET THAT IS COMPLETELY BARREN WOOOWW

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I just want Space Combat Ace Combat, cool missions and lots of radio chatter.

I really don't like the infinite multiplayer space system stuff that all space flight games are.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

every game needs to have 6 billion hours of procedurally generated gameplay these days rip games being good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Capcom USA PR did a interview about mvci and they're just openly throwing it under the bus and calling it lovely lol https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

Okay. So just to return to Chun-Li's face.

Michael Evans: Haha. I knew you were gonna say that.

Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man.

Michael Evans: It's very important that characters are introduced. It's kind of like the old Cheers TV series. Whenever someone comes in the bar, their name is said. So that happens in the first 25 minutes when people get introduced and we're ramping up.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ace combats gameplay except for the trench run stuff was mostly just flying in circles and popping any planes that came into your radar but the sound design and constant radio dialogue was so good at setting a scene that made you feel like you were accomplishing a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOPOSAwDHjc&t=177s

This is the mission I remember the most where you don't even get a single second of silence for their Pearl Harbor mission.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Capcom USA PR did a interview about mvci and they're just openly throwing it under the bus and calling it lovely lol https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man.

Michael Evans: It's very important that characters are introduced. It's kind of like the old Cheers TV series. Whenever someone comes in the bar, their name is said. So that happens in the first 25 minutes when people get introduced and we're ramping up.

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just bought ace combat 4 and 5 to get primed before 7.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyway, one of the things that a lot of hardcore fans will want you guys to speak to the development team working on this. What's the heritage like? I know a lot of people tie Marvel 3 to Ryota Niitsuma, but who's on Infinite? Other than yourself obviously.

Peter Rosas: I was going to say, if you want talent ... we'll talk to you about some talent.

Michael Evans: It's not [Niitsuma]. He's even come out and said he's not very close to it. That said, it is an internal team. But

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Anyway, one of the things that a lot of hardcore fans will want you guys to speak to the development team working on this. What's the heritage like? I know a lot of people tie Marvel 3 to Ryota Niitsuma, but who's on Infinite? Other than yourself obviously.

Peter Rosas: I was going to say, if you want talent ... we'll talk to you about some talent.

Michael Evans: It's not [Niitsuma]. He's even come out and said he's not very close to it. That said, it is an internal team. But

lmao

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In Training posted:

I just bought ace combat 4 and 5 to get primed before 7.

It's been moved to 2018 FFS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason posted:

I saw it too and while it looks impressive it means precisely squat if what you do in it isnt fun, and flying around empty space doesnt sound all that worth the wait.
Spaceship drifting though, has any space game done that i dont think ive seen anything other than spacecrafts slowly turning and moving where they point.

Yeah it's anyone's guess what the actual gameplay will be but Ancel has delivered repeatedly in the past and I guess he's getting a budget of 100 trillion dollars to make this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Some of the dev stuff they're putting out for BGE2 looks really cool though it still seems possible that these french freaks are never actually going to release this game or that the stuff they're trying to do with it won't actually be able to run on any machin.eThey built an engine where the camera was capable of zooming out to a planetary view and the ship flying and handling stuff looks genuinely great. I'll post the link when I get home

open world games are trash

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Soral posted:

the xbox is Small now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah it's anyone's guess what the actual gameplay will be but Ancel has delivered repeatedly in the past and I guess he's getting a budget of 100 trillion dollars to make this.

rayman, bg&e, what else? dude's not Miyamoto

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

I like that he's trying to laugh along with the interviewer about how bad it looks even as he's indicating it probably won't get fixed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

Eternal Silence was an HL2 mod that had spaceship battles. The ships had more or less newtonian physics so while you could do the 'slowly turn towards where your aiming' thing, you could also purposefully fly in a huge arc and raise your angular momentum which would hurl you along faster than people could normally fly. That's kind of like drifting.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I just want Space Combat Ace Combat, cool missions and lots of radio chatter.

I really don't like the infinite multiplayer space system stuff that all space flight games are.

That sounds like House of the Rising Sun on Steam.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

That sounds like House of the Rising Sun on Steam.

House of the rising sun is awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDCSfgIqjs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I was gonna says if you want a freespace kind of thing you want House of the Rising Sun

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol, the cloud of glowing particles constantly swirling around your screen is so much more obnoxious than any waypoint or objective marker

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I pray there's a way to turn that off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Numbers flying out of the monsters feels wrong

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

that gave me a rash. very mmo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Shigeru Miyamoto spent the entirety of e3 thinking about trees. He did not watch the presentations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't mind the damage numbers because Monster Hunter is full of obtuse bullshit that gamers seem to love for some reason and this is one way to fix that. I can never tell if a monster is killable until somebody else tells me to run because its 50 levels above us.

If I ever played these games solo I would last about 5 minutes because nothing is explained in detail

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually lasted about 15 hours in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate before giving up. If you play that game solo it's kind of just grinding stuff forever. The fights change up supposedly but I wasn't really sure how to progress or anything, I was kinda fighting the same 5 monsters over and over. It's the same with a group I suppose but if it's on PS4 I can play with IRL friends and make that process more fun.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Monster Hunter is really loving bad and boring. It's an MMO grind with no pay off

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

you cn turn that off for sure, they confirmned that

Liquid Drink posted:

Monster Hunter is really loving bad and boring. It's an MMO grind with no pay off

wrong idiot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah you basically need to have a wiki open with the key quests and monster resists or you wont know how to progress, its really stupid and despite everyone ever complaining about it capcom hasnt fixed these things in a decade+ of monhun.

mh4u is a fantastic game but you need to put up with having to look up how you actually unlock new stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

this is permaban worthy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'd care a lot more about MH if playing with friends on the 3DS was less of a hassle. I also kinda feel like by the time I actually play enough to get all the good stuff the next game will be out already lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

extremebuff posted:

yeah you basically need to have a wiki open with the key quests and monster resists or you wont know how to progress, its really stupid and despite everyone ever complaining about it capcom hasnt fixed these things in a decade+ of monhun.

mh4u is a fantastic game but you need to put up with having to look up how you actually unlock new stuff

That sounds really fun

• Locked thread