Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

rip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT0q3GH16lA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ed Boon

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it isn't

I hope the MM9/10 DLC is included in the base package

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
how much further can Geoff Keighley push his weird unreciprocated infatuation with Hideo Kojima

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

goferchan posted:

Yeah wow. there were some 4chan "leak" rumors about this a few weeks ago right down to the name Monster Hunter World being an HD reboot of the series but they all said it would be a Switch game lol

the rumours I heard were that Sony bought their own "western" MH with an explicit no-Nintendo clause but didn't give a gently caress about PC/XB, but the MH team hated that idea so they split the team in half and the X/XX leads are going to continue making real MH games on Switch, maybe reusing the "portable" brand as a loophole if they're not allowed to make them numbered games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there are already two MH MMOs, they're not going to make another one

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

rediscover posted:

yeah i was thinking about if u can possess so many different things there's a chance for frustration to occur when your trying to possess one thing and accidentally hit a different one or some stuff like that.. but I trust Ninty with all of my heart so I'm not too worried

it looks like the amount of things you can possess in the action areas is pretty limited so I don't think that particular issue is going to occur very often

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've only watched the first Treehouse presentation thing but it's not as SM64-ish as I was expecting, not that I necessarily need it to be more like that game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

the 2D one's coming in September, it's by MercurySteam (Castlevania Lords of Shadow) but it looks fine

they announced Prime 4 but it's just a logo and doesn't sound like they've really started development, they also confirmed Retro's not making it so who knows what they've been doing for like 4 years

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

bump_fn posted:

was i am sestuna any good?

it's Gameloft Chrono Trigger

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Evil Eagle posted:

Like monster hunter stories

Nintendo's publishing that and I suspect they're also publishing MHXX & Capcom's being dumb about it because they have to wait for Nintendo to mention it first

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stories plays nothing like a real MH game but it's cute and I'm glad it's coming over

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mysterious loyall X posted:

was this the most boring e3 in history ?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
you forgot Early Access

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
remember Dead Rising 4

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think Return of Samus looks fine for a 2.5d game on 3DS

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
whenever anyone mentions Dyack I think about this bullshit from the making of Xmen Destiny

quote:

Former employees also described Dyack as aloof and disconnected from the development process. Some posit that he refused to read the game’s design documents, its script, or play any builds of the game himself, yet this seems a little far-fetched considering the game’s two-and-a-half year gestation.

“I distinctly remember a theater review of the ‘Chinatown’ level, which was so broken that it was completely unnavigable, even by the lead designer playing it,” a source says. “Dyack’s only note was that the ‘lights should be more red.’ In another instance, he thought the final boss fight should be interrupted by ‘a challenge room’—his favourite thing from Too Human.”

Another source recounts an anecdote from a different theater review. “The game was an unplayable disaster [in the review], but he got fixated on a static mesh of a non-interactive grey truck in the background. He gave the company a 20 minute lecture on the fact that he’d never buy a grey truck; he wanted it painted red.” Accordingly, some SK employees sniggered behind their backs at Dyack: “We jokingly coined the phrase ‘paint the truck!’ for other ridiculous, off-the-hip ‘executive orders’ that sprang forth from Denis’ mouth,” says the same source. “Incidentally, I played the game after release... the truck is still grey.”

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
they also brought back the password spell from DQ1/2, you can use passwords as ghetto cross-saves between PS4 and 3DS

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah it's anyone's guess what the actual gameplay will be but Ancel has delivered repeatedly in the past and I guess he's getting a budget of 100 trillion dollars to make this.

rayman, bg&e, what else? dude's not Miyamoto

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Capcom USA PR did a interview about mvci and they're just openly throwing it under the bus and calling it lovely lol https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

Okay. So just to return to Chun-Li's face.

Michael Evans: Haha. I knew you were gonna say that.

Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man.

Michael Evans: It's very important that characters are introduced. It's kind of like the old Cheers TV series. Whenever someone comes in the bar, their name is said. So that happens in the first 25 minutes when people get introduced and we're ramping up.

I like that he's trying to laugh along with the interviewer about how bad it looks even as he's indicating it probably won't get fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mysterious loyall X posted:

the information should be in the game. drop rates should be in the game. some kind of basic weapon tree should be in the game. some explanation of skills that conveys more information than the sentence that they get should be in the game. armor points should be explained in the game. a bunch of other crap that isn't explained in the game, should be explained in the game. either put it in a text dump somewhere or figure out how to teach the player like a 1-1 mario level. theres 0 good reason to have to look at kiranico and gaijin hunter for basic information when it could be in the game.

it's more important for every NPC to have ten thousand paragraphs of dialogue/cat puns that no human being will ever read

• Locked thread