Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Strike suit zero was one of my first online purchases solely because when i asked if there were any games like omega boost the dude told me this game was basically a spiritual successor.

I have hardly felt tbis betrayed in my life, and I havent played it since because of how let down i was.

everyone ever who works on a space combat game is way more interested in making it feel like a simulator with overly complicated controls and mechanics for their autistic vision instead of just making a fun game lol

you'd think by now there'd be a million space combat games that ripoff battlefront 2 and rogue squadron with some changes here and there but all we have is BIGGG SPACEE YOU CAN GO TO THAT PLANET THAT IS COMPLETELY BARREN WOOOWW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Anyway, one of the things that a lot of hardcore fans will want you guys to speak to the development team working on this. What's the heritage like? I know a lot of people tie Marvel 3 to Ryota Niitsuma, but who's on Infinite? Other than yourself obviously.

Peter Rosas: I was going to say, if you want talent ... we'll talk to you about some talent.

Michael Evans: It's not [Niitsuma]. He's even come out and said he's not very close to it. That said, it is an internal team. But

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDCSfgIqjs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah you basically need to have a wiki open with the key quests and monster resists or you wont know how to progress, its really stupid and despite everyone ever complaining about it capcom hasnt fixed these things in a decade+ of monhun.

mh4u is a fantastic game but you need to put up with having to look up how you actually unlock new stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

Monster Hunter is really loving bad and boring. It's an MMO grind with no pay off

this is permaban worthy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'll turn off the number becasue i'm against numbers flying off of the head due to borderlands 2 ptsd [start laffing to hard thinking about claptrap dubstep

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think the numbers are good, but the MH games did give you a vague hint through the particle effects (weak spots would produce huge gushes of blood).

still I love seeing big numbers. also i finally had time to watch the gameplay with a dude translating everything and honestly it seems loving awesome lol im hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

When you stagger them into the air and the numbers get 10x bigger and gold

the PC in the monhun world demo was doing 40~70 damage with all these big hammer swings and when the rathalos grabs it and smashes it into a floor it let out a big golden 1000+ number and i decided to forgive capcom for their sins

• Locked thread