Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

It's called PHANTOM WAIL, and it's a souls style game with an ancient Aztec/maya aestetic. Weapons and hand to hand combat

Are you for real because that sounds badass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Also this supposed to be a FROM/JAPAN Studio production so it's Sony exclusive

Gah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah hasnt the mount in blade sequel been in development for like 4 years now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:how:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Badass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope they don't make it exclusive to that dumb Windows 10 store...

I think they only put stuff like Halo games on there, which is weird, but all of the Ensemble/Microsoft games remastered so far went on Steam

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Since it's Crytek I'm sure it does actually look that good, it will just need an insane rig

It will look good and run at 60 frames on the computer you build in 2019

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
XCOM 2 is pretty much better than XCOM 1 in every way IMO. Although I don't think the DLC mech things are as cool or as useful as the equivalent from XCOM 1

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

All 2 games on the Xbox One X are going to be in 4K 60 FPS . Awesome.

I really don't understand this push for 4k consoles when they have worse specs than my computer and my computer can't pull off 4k at anything better than like 25 fps for the average game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[thinking intensely about graphics for my new shooter game] What if the framerate was really low but the game was supersampled up the rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Cant wait to spend 2/3rds of my time in WOlfensteinThe New Order 2 listen to the Sassy Black Bitch talk about pop culture with a twist and ask me to collect 8 screws to advance to the next mission.

That mission really pissed me off because its like, even an actual Valve game doesn't have that much down time between shooting

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

e3 2011 ws the following:

Tomb Raider
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Hitman: Absolution
Mass Effect 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Battlefield 3

If 2011 was the most boring E3, why are some of the most fuckawesome games of all time in your list

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every Switch game that got announced looks awesome in general. I've already heard a lot of good things from people who have it so I'm probably going to get one eventually. Maybe if there's a Super Mario bundle pack or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

I saw it too and while it looks impressive it means precisely squat if what you do in it isnt fun, and flying around empty space doesnt sound all that worth the wait.
Spaceship drifting though, has any space game done that i dont think ive seen anything other than spacecrafts slowly turning and moving where they point.

Eternal Silence was an HL2 mod that had spaceship battles. The ships had more or less newtonian physics so while you could do the 'slowly turn towards where your aiming' thing, you could also purposefully fly in a huge arc and raise your angular momentum which would hurl you along faster than people could normally fly. That's kind of like drifting.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

That sounds like House of the Rising Sun on Steam.

House of the rising sun is awesome

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Surge has numbers flying off the head but it's a dark souls clone so its good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked how in FF13 when you get a crit or stagger someone the damage numbers get huge

• Locked thread