Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gay Horney posted:

Can you sue someone for Rico? I thought that was a criminal thing. Source: The Dark Knight

you can, in the same way you can sue someone for intentional infliction of emotional distress: they are real causes of action, but they are never successful absent truly insane facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

Has she ever had to deal with someone like Claudia trying to take her down? Claudia was able to get JJ down and keep there early in their rematch and if she can do that to JJ I feel like Claudia is gonna take Karolina down and either dominate her the entire fight, or finish her.

I'm glad Joanna smashed her on the feet in the second half of that because even though Claudia had her grapevined against the fence for two rounds all she did was tap her in the face a bit.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I'm glad Joanna smashed her on the feet in the second half of that because even though Claudia had her grapevined against the fence for two rounds all she did was tap her in the face a bit.

Joanna is very hard to take down and keep down, not surprised Claudia couldn't really get a lot done once she had her down.

I'm curious what Karolina's ground game is going to look like since Claudia will almost certainly be able to take her down at least a few times.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Dave posted:

"WHITE's assertion was false"

Could be the thread title for any given month.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dana W raped and murdered your cut man

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

looking forward to olynyk strangling travis browne to death 2morrow

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Matoi Ryuko posted:

looking forward to olynyk strangling travis browne to death 2morrow

that's UFC 213, in July

but same

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Memento posted:

that's UFC 213, in July

but same

Aw shoot, it's still a great card.tomorrow tho.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cruz going around interviewing fighters so he can have accurate and insightful commentary is the best thing.

https://twitter.com/DominickCruz/status/870684315901874177

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

lol

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I hope Maia gets to fight for the title. Also I hope Maia doesn't get murdered fighting for the title.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
does anyone have that Blanka "Brazilian excuse" image that says something like "all respect to my opponent, but i was turned into some kind of funny green monster" ?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
At least Brazillians dont attempt to sue the UFC for illegally making them fight opponents who can beat them, iirc.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Everyone weighed in fine for 212. Good poo poo.

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

LobsterMobster posted:

does anyone have that Blanka "Brazilian excuse" image that says something like "all respect to my opponent, but i was turned into some kind of funny green monster" ?

http://imgur.com/a/CyN9S

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Aw shoot, it's still a great card.tomorrow tho.

No it is not.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

thanks my guy

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dana white gave DMMMJ a little FYI:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dana-white-unfortunately-demetrious-johnson-dont-fights-231853859--mma.html

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The last time they considered MM vs TV was at 135 and MM was angling for a superfight payday, I imagine he's doing the same thing here and I don't blame him. He has a chance to make a huge payday for probably the first time in his career.

Embedded episode 5 is out and Karolina is the best :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPrRHlXLbU

chaleski fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 3, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
mm taking a fight with tj on the proviso that he gets the next shot at cody would be so sick. either way i'm glad dana's hardballing dj. seriously pitching ray borg is depressing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chaleski posted:

The last time they considered MM vs TV was at 135 and MM was angling for a superfight payday, I imagine he's doing the same thing here and I don't blame him. He has a chance to make a huge payday for probably the first time in his career.

Embedded episode 5 is out and Karolina is the best :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPrRHlXLbU

karolina is better than girlfriend, better than waifu

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Poor TKZ, gets a couple years off for military service which actually allows him to heal up his injuries, has an incredible comeback match and wins... gets injured again :smith:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
If Mighty Mouse stops being scared and takes the fight, and TJ wins, he'll just go back to bantam to fight Garbrandt as planned and then it'll be Mighty Mouse vs. Ray Borg for the interim flyweight championship.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/FE3se5w.gifv

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jones lost that fight

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
is there no GDT?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Tonights card is pretty trash outside of the main + co-main.. belfort vs Marquardt? cmon lol

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Holloway is +130 in Vegas and Vitor -160 those seem like pretty good bets.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Holy War Angel is fighting on the main card of the PPV, yeah it's pretty thin

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

old.flv posted:

is there no GDT?

Sorry, I just bought a house and was moving, painting and unpacking for the last month and a half. This will be the first event I've even seen live in that time, but I'm still running around too much to write anything. I'll be back on the ball for Hunto vs the Black Beast, if whoever wants to do the card for this one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Congrats on the house :)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm tempted to put money on Vitor, even at his most deflated I have a hard time seeing Marquardt beat him

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
marquardt's pretty poo poo but i have a feeling that this is gonna be the worst belfort's ever looked. and marquardt can still punch+kick very hard after the 3 minute mark.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The Holy War Angel is fighting on the main card of the PPV, yeah it's pretty thin

That fight is more interesting because of the guy he's fighting, who may or may not be actually good

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

manyak posted:

Tonights card is pretty trash outside of the main + co-main.. belfort vs Marquardt? cmon lol

sooo good

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the just bleed guy is going to fight the guy in the chuck liddell costume

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
After looking at the card this probably doesn't deserve a gdt even though the main fight should be sick

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Belfort vs Marquardt is exactly the kind of irrelevant yet probably fun fight that those old guys should be thrown into so I can get behind it. Plus they're matching up two notorious roiders against each other so it's a win win.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

Sorry, I just bought a house and was moving, painting and unpacking for the last month and a half. This will be the first event I've even seen live in that time, but I'm still running around too much to write anything. I'll be back on the ball for Hunto vs the Black Beast, if whoever wants to do the card for this one.

dont worry, ive made the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I.N.R.I posted:

dont worry, ive made the effort.

*Morpheus voice*
Show me.

• Locked thread