Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Can some body fill me in on this fyi stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm on my phone, so I can't link it, but Jon Jones tweeted some stuff. The tweets are on page 54 of the may ufc thread

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I got you fam

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...-been-ufc-champ

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i found a clue... his piano.... i'm close

mewse
May 2, 2006

I don't think you're cool Tim Kennedy. You could be Hitler himself and I still wouldn't think you were cool.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

he's a dweeb but playing hava nagila on that piano is pretty drat cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i found a clue... his piano.... i'm close

lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He's playing HAva Nagila to lure HItler out.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When hitler hears that USA hero Time Kennedy is playing his piano, hes going to come running. And thats when we'll spring our trap.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nice

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MMA Weekly posted:

Known throughout the industry as “The Gracie Hunter,” Sakuraba gained prominence after defeating four members of the world-renowned Gracie family (Royler, Renzo, Ryan, Royce), which included his epic 90-minute victory over Royce in 2000, that is widely considered to be one of the greatest fights of all-time.

what the gently caress

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Memento posted:

what the gently caress

I mean it is one of the greatest fights of all time, just not for the spectators

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Great, meaning large or immense
We use it in the pejorative sense

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh man, is it Brazilian Excuses time? I love Brazilian Excuses time!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Holloway vs. Cub Swanson for the belt next, please and thank you.

edit: wrong thread triplepost, suck it

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'd imagine Edgar probably gets the shot first since Max already kicked Cub's rear end not too long ago. But I'd be happy with either.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Holloway is going to be fighting Edgar and probably Aldo again real soon, because who the gently caress else
Is there?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lloyd Boner posted:

I'd imagine Edgar probably gets the shot first since Max already kicked Cub's rear end not too long ago. But I'd be happy with either.

Far enough, I think Swanson has put enough of a decent streak on to warrant it though. He's improved a fair bit in the last two years.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
some good contenders will shakeout

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Da Korean Zombie, babey

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Max owns

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Memento posted:

what the gently caress

i mean it definitely is one of the most important fights in the history of mma so i don't know what to tell you. it's a very boring fight though. even if it's cool to see sakuraba's strategy slowly unfold, and also cool to watch him use royce's gi against him.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Max Holloway is really goddamn cool, Holloway/Edgar should be really goddamn cool, and I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to seeing Aldo fight someone outside the top 3 for the first time in thirty years. If he stays at 145, Aldo/Cub or Aldo/Yair would be hilarious; if he decides to go up to 155 the only morally acceptable thing to do is book Aldo/Diaz as soon as possible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

155 and Diaz would be great

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nate's not going to fight Aldo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dan Didio posted:

Nate's not going to fight

edit:

Foul Fowl posted:

i mean it definitely is one of the most important fights in the history of mma so i don't know what to tell you. it's a very boring fight though. even if it's cool to see sakuraba's strategy slowly unfold, and also cool to watch him use royce's gi against him.

I know.

Memento fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 4, 2017

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

If you get a chance watch the prelim fight between Alacantra and Brian Kelleher. Kelleher taps Alacantra in the 1st round via guillotine and proceeds to troll the poo poo out of the Rio crowd.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Brown Paper Bag posted:

If you get a chance watch the prelim fight between Alacantra and Brian Kelleher. Kelleher taps Alacantra in the 1st round via guillotine and proceeds to troll the poo poo out of the Rio crowd.

And now he's online this morning whining about having beer cans thrown at him.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

And now he's online this morning whining about having beer cans thrown at him.

He was laughing while he said it so I'm not sure if you can call it whining

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Way to go Max Holloway.

Was there anything controversial last night?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Assuncao decision seemed bad

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The Vitor decision was bad

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

JaySB posted:

The Vitor fight was bad

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Why do you think nate should get a decision win in a fight where he was stunned twice & he did nothing but bop up and down like an idle animation in punch out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

...and the pitch! posted:

Way to go Max Holloway.

Was there anything controversial last night?

Mario Yamasaki let a guy eat around 30 seconds of unanswered clean ground and pound shots before mercifully calling an end to a fight.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mario Yamasaki let a guy eat around 30 seconds of unanswered clean ground and pound shots before mercifully calling an end to a fight.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Max Holloway is 25 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Max Holloway is 25 years old

Aldo got the WEC belt at 23 and was 24 when it became the UFC belt. It's cool that he's young but I don't think it should be very surprising as the sport matures.

• Locked thread