Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

EmmyOk posted:

The only thing worse than "bland or boring fighters" are fighters who are trying to ape people like Conor and Chael when they have no charisma or personality. The only thing I think more fighters should do is have an opponent in mind for the post fight interview rather than "I'll fight anyone".

Skip My Posts posted:

he should threaten a diety

Where you at Horus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Novum posted:

Where you at Horus?

ishihara tried this and then got beat off by Lobov

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Gay Horney posted:

Yeah why would the UFC promote its most dominant champion?

Because the most dominant champion sold fewer PPV buys than James Toney and his gold belt in jiu-jitsu.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Axe gonna give it to ya

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Axe gonna give it to ya

The Kirk Special

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jose Aldo is the best fighter in the history of fighting

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Hell Yea

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Because the most dominant champion sold fewer PPV buys than James Toney and his gold belt in jiu-jitsu.

Maybe they should promote him more (at all). Instead they're pushing garbage like Northcutt and Van Zant.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Yeah, I'm not going to give the UFC the benefit of the doubt when they keep signing and promoting the hell out of unknown fighters plucked from the B-leagues mostly because they look pretty. For the longest time those idiots kept insisting the Diaz brothers weren't a draw even when they were getting some of the loudest pops from the crowd every time their face was projected.

If the UFC tried, really tried, like ever to heavily promote DJ and it led to horrible PPV sales, then fine maybe they'd have a point that flyweights can't be sold.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

As far as promotion, the one thing that sticks out from that statement is Sean Shelby saying they could not promote Cody vs DJ. That seems crazy to me. The guy who just schooled Dominick Cruz vs the P4P #1 is an unsellable fight?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Rigel posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to give the UFC the benefit of the doubt when they keep signing and promoting the hell out of unknown fighters plucked from the B-leagues mostly because they look pretty. For the longest time those idiots kept insisting the Diaz brothers weren't a draw even when they were getting some of the loudest pops from the crowd every time their face was projected.

If the UFC tried, really tried, like ever to heavily promote DJ and it led to horrible PPV sales, then fine maybe they'd have a point that flyweights can't be sold.

I agree

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I mean, are the Diaz brothers actually a draw though

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

threeagainstfour posted:

As far as promotion, the one thing that sticks out from that statement is Sean Shelby saying they could not promote Cody vs DJ. That seems crazy to me. The guy who just schooled Dominick Cruz vs the P4P #1 is an unsellable fight?

lol, that one is a classic "stupid or liar"

I hope they are lying to us when they say they can't promote Cody vs DJ

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Domestically rhey are for sure, they definitely have a built in home crowd.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Real Life Power Ranger Sage Northcutt kicks a robot:

Worlds Most Dominant Champion (Child Division) gives the viewer a POV shot of some tex-mex

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Rigel posted:

lol, that one is a classic "stupid or liar"

I hope they are lying to us when they say they can't promote Cody vs DJ

we'll have to find out next time Cody headlines, because Cody vs. Cruz was attached to a Rousey headlining PPV.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Idk what the numbers were before last March but Nick has about a million Instagram followers and nate has 2 mil. Mighty mouse has less than 500k. Marketing dorks use poo poo like this these days.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yes, they just never want to fight ever unless they get paid (as they should)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Not only are they a draw they also have the #1 weed strain in California. Don't embarrass yourself.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Paige Van Zant kicks a can of monster energy drink off a man's head in slow motion, in tights

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

it seems like sage northcutt and PVZ...own!?!?!?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Medium-ish draw who's barely fought in like 3 years Jon Jones giggle fighting with his brother in a fast food parking lot

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

The solution is that Tim Elliot should move up to 135 and fight TJ. Then the UFC can keep ignoring flyweight and putting it on prelims so nobody knows the names of DJs opponents.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He should try streaming popular games

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

The thing is, you don't have to promote DJ. Just give the mic to the other people, put them on main cards, etc. Those that stand out are gonna fight him and sell it.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

This is known as the "who the hell is Wilson Reis" problem.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cyber Dog posted:

The thing is, you don't have to promote DJ. Just give the mic to the other people, put them on main cards, etc. Those that stand out are gonna fight him and sell it.

all of DJ's opponents are worse at promotion than he is

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

i wanna see that fight so bad

itd be good assuming tj can make 125 w/o losing too much, or if MM moved up..

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

all of DJ's opponents are worse at promotion than he is

Who are they supposed to reach on the Fight Pass prelims? How is it their fault the entire division is consistently buried on prelims? How does the UFC benefit from making GBS threads on their best champion?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

(In Ned Flanders's beatnik Dad's voice): "We don't know how to market you, man! We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas!"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I understand Mighty Mouse's Instagram is not as cool or full of pictures of people I'd like to gently caress as other fighters, and in this modern world we live in that means he is not promoting himself to the fullest extent of his abilities, but that doesn't change the fact that the UFC themselves have done virtually nothing to promote him or other flyweights.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I guess mighty mouse should probably do it then.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/871811798592217088

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ray borque has earned his shot. 12 NHL all star games and a Stanley cup title. Undeniable

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The pound for pound goat of all time is going to quit MMA and become a full time binding of isaac streamer because they won't let him fight Ray Bort.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is going to end up with him fighting TJ at 135 for the interim title.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if it ain't borg, don't fix it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

I guess mighty mouse should probably do it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Work Friend Keven posted:

The pound for pound goat of all time is going to quit MMA and become a full time binding of isaac streamer because they won't let him fight Ray Bort.

Nah he'll just move up to 135 and wreck everyone there, too.

• Locked thread