Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

My PVP opponent is also named Borg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

:lol:

https://twitter.com/EliasTheodorou/status/880889274182356993

Rigel fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

big money big clit posted:

Your argument is "well, we don't know he can't" which is also true of a lot of guys who've never fought at 125.

Maybe he can. Who knows? No one, because he's never done it.

its a convenient excuse

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Mighty Mouse's argument might have some flaws but gently caress Dana White.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
UFC is looking to sell the entire flyweight division to another promotion. Probably for pennies on the dollar I'm guessing. lol.

Dana White owns for how ruthless & petty he can be.

Imagine being so mad at an employee you would ship off like 25 other guys just to get rid of him. drat.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Bubba Smith posted:

UFC is looking to sell the entire flyweight division to another promotion. Probably for pennies on the dollar I'm guessing. lol.

Dana White owns for how ruthless & petty he can be.

Imagine being so mad at an employee you would ship off like 25 other guys just to get rid of him. drat.

Mighty Mouse could get his Microsoft sponsorship back at least.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Can MM not fight Ray Borg, get his record, and then fight TJ in a few months? Or is there some problem with that that I missed?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

imo the make MM fight TJ plan was based on the assumption that TJ would beat MM, be flyweight champ and then make a big deal out of him fighting Cody when codys out of traction or whatever. The fact that MM would probably beat TJ and would likely be 50/50 if not better against Cody never crossed the mind of the suits that run the UFC now. Lol if you think Danas opinion means poo poo, hes a salaried hype man now.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trast posted:

Mighty Mouse could get his Microsoft sponsorship back at least.

Bellator Flyweight Champion Demetrius Johnson covered in Xbox, Twitch, and Alienware logos

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It'll all make sense once DJ loses to borg

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

chaleski posted:

Roxanne Modaferri is gonna be a UFC champion

There is a chance both Roxanne Modafferi and Tonya Evinger could be UFC champions by the end of 2017.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

huge borg fan here; resistance is futile lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Borg? Sounds Swedish.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The one guy who could rock cyborg as a nickname and he chooses Tazmexican Devil

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I think the last time I saw borg fight was stardate 11231.21 when he wrestled up yuri "wrestle me up to win" alcantara

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Ray Ryborg Borg

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Raymond "The Assassin" Borg

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Fatherdog, please come back to us and nope the Mouse/Borg/TJ/Dana argument away.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Personally I think Mighty Mouse should fight on every card and possibly in every fight on those cards, regardless of opponent.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

chaleski posted:

Bellator Flyweight Champion Demetrius Johnson covered in Xbox, Twitch, and Alienware logos

Pretty sure Twitch could drop more than 20k and a coupon on MM given Amazon owns them.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It would be pretty funny if Ray Bork beat Mighty Mouse.

ninja edit: Borg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought the timeline of events went like this:

DJ asked for Sergio Pettis for his next defense given that he's on 3 fight win streak, or alternatively to go up and fight Garbrandt.

UFC said TJ and Garbrandt is already in the works, our view is Borg is the number 1 contender at 125, that's the fight.

DJ agrees to fight Borg

Garbrandt gets injured

TJ wants to fight for the title at 125 - Dana starts hyping a fight with DJ and TJ

DJ says, hang on a minute, aren't I fighting Borg?

Dana says "don't be a pussy" we'll give you PPV points if you can hit X number of buys

DJ says, I'm not being a pussy but it's for a record defense, if you want me to fight TJ I'd like some guarantees that a) he can make weight and b) if he doesn't I get paid because I'm going to invest a shitload of money into training for TJ and you won't promote me so I won't hit those buys

Dana says If TJ can't make the weight we'll have Borg on the card and you can fight him instead - besides little dudes suck, be cooler and fight TJ and you'll make PPV points

DJ says - it's bullshit to be expected to be prepared for two vastly different opponents, when there's no guarantee of a good pay day - why don't I just fight Borg for the record as planned and I'll fight whomever after

Dana starts calling him a pussy for ducking TJ and calls his division poo poo and says DJ doesn't sell anyway

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

BlindSite posted:

DJ asked for Sergio Pettis for his next defense given that he's on 3 fight win streak, or alternatively to go up and fight Garbrandt.

UFC said TJ and Garbrandt is already in the works, our view is Borg is the number 1 contender at 125, that's the fight.

DJ agrees to fight Borg

Garbrandt gets injured

TJ wants to fight for the title at 125 - Dana starts hyping a fight with DJ and TJ

Dana says "don't be a pussy" we'll give you PPV points if you can hit X number of buys

DJ says, I'm not being a pussy but it's for a record defense, if you want me to fight TJ I'd like some guarantees that a) he can make weight and b) if he doesn't I get paid because I'm going to invest a shitload of money into training for TJ and you won't promote me so I won't hit those buys

Dana says If TJ can't make the weight we'll have Borg on the card and you can fight him instead - besides little dudes suck, be cooler and fight TJ and you'll make PPV points

DJ says - it's bullshit to be expected to be prepared for two vastly different opponents, when there's no guarantee of a good pay day - why don't I just fight Borg for the record as planned and I'll fight whomever after

Dana starts calling him a pussy for ducking TJ and calls his division poo poo and says DJ doesn't sell anyway

That's pretty much exactly what MM said in that long post which kicked this all off and I don't think there's any reason to doubt him and just believe Dana White's side of things.

Really it just sounds like they have been pointlessly rude and disrespectful to him for years and he had enough and just decided to stick it to Dana by not taking the TJ fight

I mean he wanted to fight Cody from the get go. That's an arguably way more dangerous fight than TJ with high potential for him to get knocked out at either weight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Basically the time line broke down like this:

1. MM is born
2. Dana white Invents modern MMa with chuck and Tito
3. The Xbox one comes out
4. Conor Defeats Mayweather
5. MM has a great career as a twitch streamer who angles his webcam so it looks like he's normal size
6. I, Keven, become famous and you all think fondly of my posts, which I no longer have time to make
7. I marry my wife (also famous)
8. MM dies of whatever disease made him that short
9. I divorce my wife

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
If you a flyweight get your nails done

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

BREAKING: D. White on UFC Tonight had this to say on the Mighty Mouse dispute "I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat him without mercy"

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Ben Nguyen's gonna be back fighting tattooed freakshows in Australia because of Mighty Mouse.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

jay z's sedan posted:

If you a flyweight get your nails done

handsome only face posted:

BREAKING: D. White on UFC Tonight had this to say on the Mighty Mouse dispute "I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat him without mercy"

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Basically the time line broke down like this:

1. MM is born
2. Dana white Invents modern MMa with chuck and Tito
3. The Xbox one comes out
4. Conor Defeats Mayweather
5. MM has a great career as a twitch streamer who angles his webcam so it looks like he's normal size
6. I, Keven, become famous and you all think fondly of my posts, which I no longer have time to make
7. I marry my wife (also famous)
8. MM dies of whatever disease made him that short
9. I divorce my wife

Lol

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

BlindSite posted:

DJ agrees to fight Borg

Garbrandt gets injured

all good, except replace tj and cody in the works with dana says dj vs cody wouldnt sell

:vince:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmao

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dana White hired Snoop Dogg to do fight commentary for his Tuesday Night contender series. It sounds like they are putting together 2 broadcast teams, and letting you pick one. You can either listen to a traditional broadcasting team, or you can select the "SnoopCast" and listen to Snoop Dogg and Urijah Faber.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/880916381885231104

Rigel fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 1, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Rigel posted:

Dana White hired Snoop Dog to do fight commentary for his Tuesday Night contender series. It sounds like they are putting together 2 broadcast teams, and letting you pick one. You can either listen to a traditional broadcasting team, or you can select the "SnoopCast" and listen to Snoop Dogg and Urijah Faber.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/30/15906414/ufc-enlists-snoop-dogg-for-alternative-commentary-on-new-fight-series

are you loving kidding me. this is literally a dream loving come true and will guarantee that i watch whatever retarded bullshit this turns out to be .

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The urban market

mewse
May 2, 2006

That show should have a thread, I think it's a good idea for ufc-endorsed b-league fights on a weeknight.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If I'm on the other broadcasting team, I'm thinking "oh gently caress me, I thought this would be a good opportunity but no one is going to listen to my broadcast."

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the way im seein him gently caress this nigga up i got habib nurmagabagadov against anybody in light weight, whoever light weight, he playin games, puttin his nuts in his face and all kinds of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

UFC fires their drugged up insane announcer that only speaks in stock catchphrases, hires snoop dog.

• Locked thread