Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Rashad vs. Sam Alvey for the Fight Night card in Mexico City in August, that fight's got stinker written all over it

Alvey is a southpaw, so he's going to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

if miocic was getting paid so little he needed a day job then i don't begrudged mighty mouse angling for a fairer deal because post fight the ufc repossesses his furniture and fucks his wife

He's a regular professional firefighter/paramedic, and I don't think he does it because he has to, he does it because he likes it, likes having a career to fall back on, and they work around his schedule. A lot of MMA fighters are firefighters, since a job where you work 10 days a month and do nothing but lift weights at work is pretty agreeable for an athlete.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I walk around at like 210 and once spent a minute unable to get out from under the side control of a (very low level) female pro strawweight. Mighty Mouse would easily handle me in a grappling match and beat me even easier if striking came into play, and I'm willing to bet I'm more fit/capable to fight than 90% of the population.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

That rules.

This now has my wondering if I could escape from beneath an 80 pound non-elite pro woman and I'm going to go against the grain here and say I probably could

i escaped eventually. but it was an embarrassing minute before i did.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hell, I myself was easily beat by an 80 pound girl, also I weigh 210 pounds and probably am not 6'3" or taller. This means that mighty mouse is actually good.

I am over 6'3" and mighty mouse is actually good

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

Demian Maia, arguably the greatest MMA grappler of all time and has a claim to top 10 bjj practitioners of all time, couldn't beat Mark Munoz who was approx the same size because mark was too strong to get dragged to the ground. And we can all agree that Mark Munoz had basically no training

i have actually grappled with mark munoz and was unable to beat him, thereby making me as good as demian maia

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kilometers Davis posted:

I am very down with watching Megan Anderson beat the poo poo out of Cyborg hell yes let's gooooo

I have not watched much Megan Anderson but she seems kind of not that good

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JaySB posted:

It still kinda amazes me that the UFC Heavyweight division is a thing. Basically every single one of them could have chosen to say, play professional football for 500x the money.

Brock Lesnar, probably the best physical talent the division has ever seen, couldn't make it onto an NFL team.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

canoshiz posted:

I'm pretty sure he had never actually played organized football before either, so the fact that he almost walked on to a NFL team is pretty nuts.

my point was that there's a lot of skill other than being big strong and fast and that not everyone big strong and fast can play football

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
someone find that post I made ina gdt back in 2008 where i said "I hope Matt Hughes gets hit by a train"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bethe Correia being knocked out mid-taunt would have been way better if the taunt hadn't been 30 seconds of her going "come at me bro" while Holly Holm bobs up and down outside of punching range, and it would have only been "good" if it hadn't been preceded by two rounds of Bethe trying badly to fight while Holm bobbed up and down just outside of punching range.

• Locked thread