Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Well, she isn't wrong. I, like many, had her winning the first fight 29-28. The second fight, she won the first two rounds and then gassed hard. In both cases, her cardio betrayed her and ultimately is what led to JJ taking over down the stretch. I love Joanna, but I think that Claudia with 3 rounds of real gas will be more than she can handle, if she doesn't improve her TD defense to the point that she can keep it standing early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
I love MM and agree with him in principle on most levels. I also think Dana White is frequently lovely to fighters. But I just can't make myself expend the energy to argue against TJ as the next title defense when it is an objectively better fight on every level and is highly likely to give MM the biggest payday of his career. I mean, nobody likes to get their chain jerked around, but jesus dude that seems like a goofy hill to die on.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
At the end of his rope? That seems a little dramatic.

Like I said, I understand his argument and agree with it on all levels generally speaking. But in every way TJ is a better match up and outcome for him, with the one exception being that he's a tougher fight and he is more likely to lose and not beat Silva's record. Seriously, I'm a MM defender to the hilt and get all pissy-wissy anytime somebody starts poo poo talking about him or the lower weight classes, but I gotta tell ya, I could give a poo poo about watching if MM fights Ray Borg next. The guy lost to loving Justin Scoggins a year ago and missed weight in a fight in December. gently caress that.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm just really glad Khabib didn't get the title shot, since we would have ended up with a champion who never fought or defended their belt.

I see what you did there.

Ferguson is almost certainly most deserving, but I have an irrational dislike of him. Gimme Barboza instead.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
They don't want to compete with the Bellator pay-per-view.

• Locked thread