Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yay my title was used and I didn't even have to make the drat thread :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I feel like their marketing has been off a bit since the UFC got bought and they fired all those people but I could be wrong

I think you are right, they are hitting a different tone in ads lately.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

chaleski posted:

Megan and Cyborg should absolutely fight each other for a belt, in Invicta, with the rest of 145

Cyborg should never have a UFC title

Amen

Nice user name too

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Rigel posted:

Mayweather promotions just reserved the MGM Grand for August 26th

Oh poo poo

businessinsider.com/two-developments-in-the-floyd-mayweather-v-conor-mcgregor-saga-suggest-a-fight-announcement-is-imminent-2017-6

don't click that, you need to disable ad block :mad:

quote:

In the space of 24 hours, there have been two big developments:

First, Mayweather's company, Mayweather Promotions, reserved the MGM Grand Garden Arena for a "boxing event" in August.
Second, McGregor has teased fans with a big announcement in the coming days.

The unprecedented coming together has been teased for months, but things have been moving forward in recent weeks.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Many people will be extremely wrong, myself included, but I don't think any toxxes have been made to the best of my memory

I don't think I did, and the more I think about this, the more glorious the train wreck becomes in my head...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

1st AD posted:

Put RJJ vs. Anderson on the undercard plz

Oh man please

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

So who's going to be the next lightweight champ, seeing as how Conor's going to never want or need to fight in the UFC again the second after that fight's over

Khahahaha

Nah, I can't

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19654828/former-ufc-fighter-matt-hughes-airlifted-medical-facility-truck-collides-train

Apparently he has head trauma and it might be bad.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

coconono posted:

so there's still a chance for Rounda / Cyborg at 145, tho right?

Nope

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

The worst part is that some lawyer is taking advantage of Mark and probably making a lot of money off litigating this ridiculous claim.

I wonder if anyone warned Mark that in some lawsuits if you lose the judge can award costs to the other party? That would really suck for him to get his butt kicked in court then have to pay the UFC's legal fees to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

quote:

The UFC has officially added a third title fight to its UFC 214 pay-per-view event on July 29 in Anaheim, California.

It's Maia vs Woodley. drat.

• Locked thread