Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

What if TJ doesn't make weight, then doesn't want to fight? Without getting into compelling specific performance laws or legal consideration, the UFC is paying out for 2 fighters and getting 0 fights.

should have thought about that before treating a guy like a joke both monetarily and actually for several years. hell, i'm down with bullying a guy who is 5'3 and most women as long as they're not much taller, but turning into a whiny bitch when they don't do you favors is some poo poo i just cannot respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

tesilential posted:

Based on their entire histories, Borg has a way better chance of missing weight than TJ.

Funny how MM doesn't need any special contingencies to fight him for his record breaking fight.

well, he doesn't really need one since borg is a legitimate contender at 125, and mm was already forced into agreeing to this fight under his usual conditions.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Auron posted:

That's just a stupid and unreasonable request; even if TJ did verbally agree to it. Also, TJ is a disciplined professional that I wouldn't worry about in the least about making 125. You know deep down DJ knows this too. I understand he wants to get paid more; but gently caress dude no one is going to watch you fight some guy again.

It is what it is. He gets what he wants; break an absolutely pointless title record against create-a-fighter. No one will even remember his dumb record.

you know what else is a stupid, unreasonable request? here, fight this guy who is neither a champion, nor in your division, and if he misses weight, fight this other guy. no we're not giving you anything extra.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

also stupid and unreasonable: "I can't even draw on free tv so please pay me more to make people pay to watch me"

he never did this. the fight with borg was at his usual pay and conditions, and the fight with tj would have been at this usual pay and conditions if they'd just agreed to insure that he made weight. they couldn't even do that so lol, good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Auron posted:

LOL, here fight a name that people know who is a former champion who WILL make weight! They were going to give him PPV points. Whether or not he would have actually made them would have depended on the PPV he was put on. I do agree the whole train for two fights thing was stupid.

His reasons for ducking only hurt himself further.

nope. they just got done telling him that a superfight with cody wouldn't break the ppv threshhold, so fight ray borg and shut the gently caress up. so of course when a not champion from the cody division comes to call, i completely understand at least wanting an assurance that he can make weight. no? may as well fight ray borg. tj is not a draw. definitely not big enough to get dj over the line without some serious support on some unknown ppv. good decision imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Auron posted:

The one thing we agree on is that on their own, DJ vs Cody or DJ vs TJ wouldn't draw enough PPV buys. There is already an assurance to make weight: 20% of TJ's purse if he decides to proceed with the fight at a catch weight. I know he didn't want to do this because he couldn't break his precious record (LOL). It comes down to all he cares about is the record. You think you would you know, want to PROVE that you're the best pound-for-pound fighter by beating a former champion in the weight class above, even if its a couple pounds heavier. This in turn would help your brand A LOT more than fighting Ray loving Borg. But no worry about that precious title record.

are you deliberately ignoring the part of the story where he was angling to fight the real, actual champion of the division above his next? or that immediately after this defense he intends to become a two division champ against a better fighter than tj?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Auron posted:

Nope, but that fight didn't materialize for whatever lovely reason the UFC gave him, or maybe that they had TJ vs Cody already planned. So why not take the next best thing when that fight fell through? After all this poo poo I don't see them giving him any sort of opportunity again so he can kiss that dream goodbye.

Hahaha yeah he sure put his foot in it. I'm sure after he did Dana and tj this one solid he'd get all these sweet opportunities..... Fact is, if your next title defense is against one of two nobodies it's only fair that the nobody in the right division gets it. Especially when any question of ducking is dispelled when your very next fight features you beating up garbrandt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tesilential posted:

Lol at the guy who posted "Borg is a legitimate contender"

well, he's ranked 3rd in the division in question, so, he is, but compared to tj dillashaw in the division in question, he absolutely is.

after mm has taken garbrandt's belt, tj can fight cody or dom and earn the right to have mm display just how loving retarded anyone would have to be to think for a second that mm is ducking anyone at 125 / 135

• Locked thread