Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

old.flv posted:

is there no GDT?

Sorry, I just bought a house and was moving, painting and unpacking for the last month and a half. This will be the first event I've even seen live in that time, but I'm still running around too much to write anything. I'll be back on the ball for Hunto vs the Black Beast, if whoever wants to do the card for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I mean, are the Diaz brothers actually a draw though

Domestically rhey are for sure, they definitely have a built in home crowd.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I understand Mighty Mouse's Instagram is not as cool or full of pictures of people I'd like to gently caress as other fighters, and in this modern world we live in that means he is not promoting himself to the fullest extent of his abilities, but that doesn't change the fact that the UFC themselves have done virtually nothing to promote him or other flyweights.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Veskit posted:

They already do tiered pay scales for drawing more people to PPV so again that's bullshit that he can't get points.

Yes but the point there is that based on what little we know, there is a minimum threshold your fights need to draw to earn points, and Mighty Mouse's haven't historically crossed that

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Acai with powered milk and cashews for everyone

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Like reach, height is a factor as much as the fighters make it a factor. Some fighters are great at using their height advantage and other shorter fighters are great at dealing with it. See Hunt vs Struve and also Struve vs Barry.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

My sleep cycle got hosed up real bad this weekend thanks to a bachelor party, so here's a GDT.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823264

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Are you guys excited to see Roy Jones Jr. fight Floyd Mayweather on Butterbean's shoulders like that Frankenstein/Flea Man boss for Castlevania on Nintendo?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

if floyd and conor do fight, does anyone here have to eat a hat?

Many people will be extremely wrong, myself included, but I don't think any toxxes have been made to the best of my memory

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mrs. Jones was blind and an amputee as a result of her adult onset diabetes.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Boco_T posted:

Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama

Definitely watch this but also watch the version that's just every flurry spliced together with the Doom music playing, which is how i feel George Lucas truly intended it to be seen

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

handsome only face posted:

also he was in a horrible accident

:drat:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In an effort to save money and improve fairness to all fighters, wme has made the move away from zuffa's selective multimillion dollar "executive promotion retirement program" and instead replaced it with giving all fighters commemorative early 2000s forums signatures

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Matt I am very glad you won dat race on Kalamari Desert, but I am not impressed by your performance and look forward to racing you in the future

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Now that we saw Fedor and Matt Mitrione die but only Fedor die legally, I hope you guys are ready for some less funny Sunday night fights.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824872

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Currently Conor McGregor is spending his riches on a pyramid to be buried in after his boxing career and the number two contender is mythological Russian figure Baba Yaga, so with Tony Ferguson the clear de facto number one lightweight, I suspect the idea for WME was to have him trash talk the winner of Chiesa-Lee who they were hoping would be a viable challenger in the near future. I think it backfired terribly and didn't really work in any context of hyping a theoretical fight, but I am choosing to believe that's what the thought process was.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

They sure seem to like feeding Ngannou beat up former champions coming off of bad losses.

Just a few years ago Cain and Junior were held up as MMA's Ali and Frazier, and now look at then both. It's really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

handsome only face posted:

ah, he has HIV, from having brokeback mountain cowboy gay sex.

I can see how you would think this, but the line "I wish I knew how to quit you" refers to a forbidden love, not literal alcohol abuse

• Locked thread