Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sam alvey really bothers me for some reason

click here http://i.imgur.com/5lLGZOG.jpg

hes like one of those early scenes in a horror movie or something where everythings like still reasonably normal seeming but u can just tell theres something super hosed up going on beneath the surface. this is just a tentative theory of mine but i think he likes to buy dozens of raw chickens from the store all at once and then arranges them into biblical scenes in his basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

Sorry, I just bought a house and was moving, painting and unpacking for the last month and a half. This will be the first event I've even seen live in that time, but I'm still running around too much to write anything. I'll be back on the ball for Hunto vs the Black Beast, if whoever wants to do the card for this one.

dont worry, ive made the effort.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i found a clue... his piano.... i'm close

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats nothing ... george foremans grill won him 100 million dollars

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you can make your own candles at home that are way better and cheaper with fresh ingredients

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
The UFC should pay their fighters more. Although I personally think the fighters earning 10-50k a fight need it more than mighty mouse does. I cant think of another promotional sporting body that has so much money when the majority of its athletes earn so little, at least going off what they disclose to the public. But in mighty mouses specific case, there are people who are the very best in the world at long distance unicycling but they probably dont earn a fortune either, they still like to ride on unicycles though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

There is some Brazilian steroid that makes all the men look alike. JDS and jacare and a few others I can't remember have cyborgs same huge lips and puffy eyes. Bigfoot looks like this too but he has a legit glandular disorder.

its probably the same steroid that makes asian people all have dark hair and lactose intolerance

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

bessantj posted:

Why isn't Demetrious Johnson more of a draw? I've seen a few of his fights and they've been really good, he's a good fighter yet seems to get low PPV buys.

he doesnt have a lot of charisma. you could say its because hes short and bald too but road cyclist marco pantani was similarly short and bald and he has roadside shrines, statues, works of art etc dedicated to him dotted all over continental europe. personally mr johnson doesnt leave much of an impression on me though i do like to watch his fights

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
maybe they dont like football

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
frankly its not that easy to switch from 1 sport to another even if you happen to be good at both. because you will be competing with people whove done the sport since they were children. additionally maybe someone would rather make a career in the sport that pays less but they happen to enjoy more. you die at the end of your life anyway so theres no point doing a job that you hate

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JaySB posted:

Brendan Schaub is just sitting there like :smug:

I'm not saying that any of the current UFC Heavyweights could hack it in the NFL. It just puzzles me that they choose to dedicate their lives to the lowest paying of the contact sports. There's a reason we haven't seen a great heavyweight boxer for a long time. These guys all decided they could try to make it to the NFL or NBA.

they do it for the lulz

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

Another good example is Clara Hughes, who rode the bike and won Olympic medals. This led to her having the sport specific skill of "giant quads" and she started speed skating and used somehow transfered this intangible skill into winning gold medals in speed skating.

thats not such a good example because track cycling, time trialling and speed skating are extremely similar in a lot more ways than just requiring bigass quads+glutes, even the tactical nuances of one sport are relevant to the other, theyre raced in very similar ways and the logistics of speed skating mean a lot of their training is done on a bike anyway. theres a long history of athletes switching successfully between the two. not to mention shes a singular talent in a sea of lesser talent and hardly a case study of how easy it is for the average professional athlete to go from 1 world class discipline to another. its not so easily done at the professional level. maybe at the high school level

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

Does eating ribs stop people from winning fights?

no but a hard effort might make you puke. which i suppose is a DQ under the new rules

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the lobov fight was pretty good. lobov did well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he did a lot better than anyone expected against someone better than all of the other people he'd fought before. it was also his first time in a 5 round fight and he managed to fight until the end. i think he won fight of the night for it too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He did better than expected in a "wow he can take a sustained beating" way.

thats true. but he did do better than expected

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

Has the guy MM was supposed to fight said anything ?

he said I need TP for my bung hole

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

He'll never be the head of a major corporation

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Ode to Joy, from Beethoven's 9th. Not really opera.

you can tell what a piece of classical music is just by listening to it ? god drat

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

I mean if you're having trouble catching up to a 128 year old Austrian man with one testicle and a hosed up little dingus plus a hole in his head from that time he shot himself I begin to question just how "manly" you can be.

can i just say, the 1 ball thing is a total fabrication. and he probably had a normal sized penis since his beautiful wife was willing to make a death pact with him

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I think that guy needs to get off hitlers nuts, all 2 of them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Matt Hughes is a terrible person and was in a car accident.

whats wrong with him? i mean whats wrong with his personality and not his body, which was hit by a train

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ty. well ... im glad he channelled most of that misery into professional fighting instead of beating up people in nightclubs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

And why's he in the OP under Champions? Last I checked, titles are defended by champions

it shocks you! it shocks you to see whats buried beneath!!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

funny headline but by the time poo poo exits your body its not really doing anything to you. unless you eat it again but i think you need a special organ for that like a rabbit or youll get turd AIDS or some other similar type of turd based disease [1]. so it might be more accurate to call it something else

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

she doesnt like holm .. ? or

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheTrend posted:

Or she's just loving around because not everything means something.

what if she isnt .. ? what then? u got a smart answer for that? what if she isnt loving around? what if it does mean something? and then ... what does it mean ?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheTrend posted:

It means your posting is bad

I think youre just mad at me because you want to have sex with her

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I guess he should move up another weight class. hopefully they dont run out of them before he finds his ideal weight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

diesiel posted:

Johny doesn't know how to properly count calories and/or macronutrients

https://twitter.com/JohnyHendricks/status/869949458003279873

no wonder he cant poo poo properly if hes eating boiled plimsolls and rubber balls for every meal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

"He missed weight by 3 pounds?? That professional athlete is fat," - 300 lb goons who stop working out because of a pimple.

dont h8 ... pimples can cause mayhem if theyre in a crucial spot

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think it depends how he looks in the fight. cos he fought pretty well last time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
true but i mean if he can show up and have decent fights and probably stay in the top 10 of whatever class hes supposed to approximately weigh in at then im sure he will have a career. hes 20% cheaper than other fighters after all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

i think the 20% goes to the other guy so they still have to pay it

I bet people will be lining up to call him out

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, but the amount I make won't be dependent on me being humiliated in public on the largest stage possible.

lighten up a little .. its only sport

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JaySB posted:

From talking with Nick, he doesn't give a fuuuuuck. And is trying to find a sponsor for his next triathlon

he wont be allowed to compete in it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

New thread tonight, don't bother submitting titles because here it is.

I wasnt gonna to begin with

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

BlindSite posted:

In terms of fights that are happening who else is keen as gently caress for Bobby Knuckles to kill a no for gay jesus Cuban goose stepping ninja turtle in a little over a week?

theres no way you can convince me that yoel romero can possibly lose at sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrapez posted:

Who needs a UFC belt when you have a Little Caesar's pizza box chair?

The Reebok deal ruined Johny's entrance attire for his next fight.

ahh ... the old cardboard warrior. you can count on there being at least 50 of these at every music festival. i guess tyheyre ronin? maybe little ceasers should employ them to fight the papa johns samurai

• Locked thread