Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

Has she ever had to deal with someone like Claudia trying to take her down? Claudia was able to get JJ down and keep there early in their rematch and if she can do that to JJ I feel like Claudia is gonna take Karolina down and either dominate her the entire fight, or finish her.

I'm glad Joanna smashed her on the feet in the second half of that because even though Claudia had her grapevined against the fence for two rounds all she did was tap her in the face a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cruz going around interviewing fighters so he can have accurate and insightful commentary is the best thing.

https://twitter.com/DominickCruz/status/870684315901874177

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gadelha is much more self-aware than most fighters I guess

https://twitter.com/DannStupp/status/871411307316117504

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

here's dj's version of the tj fight.

http://imgur.com/a/7H3vt

gently caress dana white. gently caress sean shelby.

That's appalling

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

We've been over this -- people have only so much control over their persona and the marketability thereof.
He is already a big weirdo and streams on Twitch -- he's not boring; he just can't turn on a switch and be someone else.

The only thing worse than "bland or boring fighters" are fighters who are trying to ape people like Conor and Chael when they have no charisma or personality. The only thing I think more fighters should do is have an opponent in mind for the post fight interview rather than "I'll fight anyone".

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Memento posted:

Nahh, they both deserve to be in the UFC but if they weren't as photogenic as they are, they'd both be one or two losses away from being cut. Maybe they are one or two losses away from being cut, who knows. They're not exactly lighting up their respective divisions.

They both seem to be on 40/40 which is about right for where they are as well.

Sage started on a much higher payscale than other fighters lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Auron posted:

Gotcha. Well then work out a deal for 20% of what Dillashaw was supposed to make and waive the fight. Asking for the whole purse is ridiculous.

Are we REALLY that concerned that TJ isn't going to make weight? Yeah he's never fought at 125, but TJ comes across as a disciplined dude, and its not like he's huge at 135.

Yeah this is really dumb. I'd say its more of an opportunity for Mighty Mouse to prove himself against one of the best 135 lbs fighters in the world.

If there's no concern about him making weight then why not agree to the purse forfeit?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trast posted:

Didn't Miocic have a day job while holding the belt up until very recently?

I don't think so exactly. I believe he was and still is a volunteer fireman.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They'll stuff top 5 Flyweights in the middle of the prelims while giving two 3-8 LHWs a co-main to gas out in after a minute and a half.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i think it's because he doesn't get promoted, and the people he fights have spent the entire rest of their career buried in the prelims / early prelims so every single title defense sounds like it's against someone from keven's lhw rankings who he crushes easily, instead of world class fighters in their own right.... who he crushes easily

Yeah it's much more of a problem with no flyweight getting any promotion so no one cares about their champion crushing them either.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

attackmole posted:

As someone who didn't watch that fight I'm a big fan of how Roy's fat gut immediately gets a giant red mark on it after he knees it.

these guys seem chill

Nah it's already there, you can see it just beforehand.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wow Artem must be talking about Conor! A new dawn for him.

https://twitter.com/RusHammerMMA/status/872464865440477184

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know lmao but Conor has poo poo talked the UFC like that when he refused to comeback from Iceland but I suspect Artem didn't think of that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

Wow, coming from fellow ufc on fox main eventer and promotional equal artem lobov that's gotta count for something.

He then moved on to calling Aldo out as Artem is "the closest you'll ever get to Conor again. It'd be an honour". Big oul evening for him on Twitter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

Bullshit. Jon Jones was crowned for quite a while, and it took him being inactive plus Mighty Mouse going on an absurd run before people reluctantly went "oh fine, OK MM is PFP #1 I guess"

P4P existed as a concept long before Jon Jones

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

People can complain about who he fought but it's silly to complain about how often he fights

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I only read summaries of a few fights, did someone poop?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

he never did this. the fight with borg was at his usual pay and conditions, and the fight with tj would have been at this usual pay and conditions if they'd just agreed to insure that he made weight. they couldn't even do that so lol, good.

"Don't ruin this for TJ!! :reddit:" was my favourite part

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

huge borg fan here; resistance is futile lol

The one guy who could rock cyborg as a nickname and he chooses Tazmexican Devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

handsome only face posted:

BREAKING: D. White on UFC Tonight had this to say on the Mighty Mouse dispute "I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat him without mercy"

Lmao

• Locked thread