Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The last time they considered MM vs TV was at 135 and MM was angling for a superfight payday, I imagine he's doing the same thing here and I don't blame him. He has a chance to make a huge payday for probably the first time in his career.

Embedded episode 5 is out and Karolina is the best :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPrRHlXLbU

chaleski fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm tempted to put money on Vitor, even at his most deflated I have a hard time seeing Marquardt beat him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

And now he's online this morning whining about having beer cans thrown at him.

He was laughing while he said it so I'm not sure if you can call it whining

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Gadelha is much more self-aware than most fighters I guess

Funny you mention that because she just went full Brazilian

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/4/15736776/claudia-gadelha-after-ufc-212-win-im-a-better-mma-fighter-than-joanna

quote:

“And about my two defeats to Joanna, I only believe there is one. There’s two on paper, but if you were to analyze the fight, I did not lose that first fight to her. The second fight I really did lose, but if you were to look technically at it, I have better technique, and better MMA technique. I’m not a better striker, but I’m a better MMA fighter than Joanna. But I trained incorrectly to fight with her.”

“I killed myself,” Gadelha explained. “I trained for 17 weeks in my camp, killing my body. I was destroyed, I couldn’t even stand up. I was killing my body. I’m that kind of Brazilian. I never give up, and I always give my best at all times. And sometimes giving your best is not the right thing. You have to follow the recipe or it’s not going to come out right. That’s exactly what I did in the second fight against Joanna."

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

TJ agreed to MM's demand for his fight purse

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Megan and Cyborg should absolutely fight each other for a belt, in Invicta, with the rest of 145

Cyborg should never have a UFC title

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

We didn't deserve the Black Beast

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Run that poo poo back, mewse

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

handsome only face posted:

also he was in a horrible accident

lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

That doesn't sound like a thing they'd do. She's getting stripped.

She refuses to fight Cyborg and recently said she's dropping back down to 135 anyways

Also gently caress Cyborg

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Sick fight, Inoue is just breakdancing on him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Seeing an idiot like Bethe get KO'd mid-taunt is extremely my poo poo so Holly is cool again

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Oh! Big right hand.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

JaySB posted:

She did flat out say she was refusing to fight Cyborg on multiple occasions though right?

Yes, and she also said she's going back to 135 anyway

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

coconono posted:

so there's still a chance for Rounda / Cyborg at 145, tho right?

I think Ronda's more likely to drop to 125

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

coconono posted:

I can't decide which I find more entertaining, Ronda winning fights or Ronda losing fights. Either way its entertaining as hell.

I like Ronda but seeing Edmond have a meltdown is one of my favorite things on MMA

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

UFC Featherweight champion Tonya Evinger

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I take noted truthful upstanding businessman Dana White at face value. I'm sure the champion who quietly and methodically dismantled his entire division for $50 and a Starbucks giftcard and had to campaign to get his own belts is the one who's being underhanded

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

tesilential posted:

Right but that's irrelevant. DJ's position would actually be way better if he beat TJ (his riskiest opponent ever at 125) rather than Borg. He knows this. He wants Borg because he is a way way easier fight, like 10x easier for 1/2 the money.

MM addressed all of this in his open letter, he'd get paid the same no matter who he fights, with no PPV points.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Remember when MM asked for his belts that he earned, and billionaire Dana White made a comment about how it would cost a lot to make them?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mighty Mouse being called a coward might be the dumbest thing I've read in a while

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Auron posted:

Lets stop talking about MM and start talking about relevant fighters and weight classes, this is getting tiresome.

How about that WOMEN'S 125 lbs division?

Roxanne Modaferri is gonna be a UFC champion

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trast posted:

Mighty Mouse could get his Microsoft sponsorship back at least.

Bellator Flyweight Champion Demetrius Johnson covered in Xbox, Twitch, and Alienware logos

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

jay z's sedan posted:

If you a flyweight get your nails done

handsome only face posted:

BREAKING: D. White on UFC Tonight had this to say on the Mighty Mouse dispute "I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat him without mercy"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Rigel posted:

:lol:

Dana White hired Snoop Dogg to do fight commentary for his Tuesday Night contender series. It sounds like they are putting together 2 broadcast teams, and letting you pick one. You can either listen to a traditional broadcasting team, or you can select the "SnoopCast" and listen to Snoop Dogg and Urijah Faber.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/880916381885231104

I'm literally gonna watch it just because of Snoop Dogg

• Locked thread