Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

sam alvey really bothers me for some reason

click here http://i.imgur.com/5lLGZOG.jpg

hes like one of those early scenes in a horror movie or something where everythings like still reasonably normal seeming but u can just tell theres something super hosed up going on beneath the surface. this is just a tentative theory of mine but i think he likes to buy dozens of raw chickens from the store all at once and then arranges them into biblical scenes in his basement

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Patrick Spens posted:

According to Internet Lawyer Ken White, you can but you really really shouldn't.

that guy writes very obnoxiously

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nice

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
some good contenders will shakeout

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Holloway is really good....

I would say it seems like Aldo doesnt want it as bad anymore / has been jacking off too much/not enough, but he hung in there taking a beating way longer than most guys wouldve after he got dropped. Holloway also hit him with a lot of deceptive shots that didnt really look like they connected like the one that gave him that lump on his head

yeah it was weird to me to see people saying holloway was getting beat up badly

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he did get hit with a 1-2 after the one kick he did throw so maybe he was afraid of htat?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat he's really committed to ducking tj

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is complete bullshit by the way. Nobody, in any field, ever, is going to spend money promoting you if they don't either already know or very strongly suspect you'll make them money with or without their promotion.

no dude he's right the UFC facebook didn't post any pictures about his streak until fight week. nobody could overcome that lack of promotion

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gotta say mighty mouse is really brave to speak out like that, writing 100000 words with only 5% battery

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he should threaten a deity

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 5, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ufc should definitely guarantee his full purse if tj doesn't make weight but him asking for tj's purse as well is unreasonable

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i wanna see that fight so bad

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ray borque has earned his shot. 12 NHL all star games and a Stanley cup title. Undeniable

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
what huge promotional pushes have sage and van zant received? being on dana white lookin for a fight?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh being in press conferences and being put onto main cards earlier in his career would have been considered a huge promotional push

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
seems more like you're crying that your favorite fighter isn't popular or getting his way and blaming the ufc instead of the casual fans that don't care about him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
paige van zant and sage shouldnt even be in the ufc you're right about that

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
actually i cant say if van zant should be in the ufc because i've never seen her fight and have onlys een pictures of her posted in this thread

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i only know about her due to the gigantic promotional work the ufc did for her

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it was funny to hear dana talk about his biggest regret in life, letting sage fight wit ha sore throat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its definitely true that sage is overpaid for his talent and is given spots on cards that he does not deserve but if mighty mouse had been put on main cards sooner i dont think he'd be way more popular or anything

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

Might help if any of his opponents were. A quick check reveals that only Dodson and Benavidez are on main cards with any regularity, and Benavidez only since the first Mighty Mouse fight, and that's despite him being a wrecking ball who hasn't lost to anyone without a belt.

thats probably treu but then why does he wanna fight ray borg over tj?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
tj isnt some superstar or anything but hes a lot more known and popular than ray borg

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

Please don't advertise quite so blatantly that you didn't read the thing that spawned all this discussion. Keep it subtle.

i read it. dana white is a dickhead and i think mighty mouse should get his entire purse if tj misses weight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i dont think mighty mouse really believes that tj is gonna miss weight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ray borg has missed weight a lot more than tj has

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

He wants to break the title defences record, that's his #1 priority

guess it's not #1 since he could do that against tj

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Not if he misses weight.

ray borg missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good way to raise your profile would be to beat up and finish a recent champion of a heavier weight class who lost his belt in a very close decision who was about to fight for that title again and has been destroying contenders in the mean time

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-Tej-AKQ6/

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Maybe the promoter should help out with raising his profile by, like, promoting him.

yeah they will and it will work a lot better if he beats tj instead of ray borg

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its lame that promotion and popularity is based on stuff other than pure talent but thats reality and not only in the ufc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

big money big clit posted:

A better way would be to fight the actual guy with the belt in that division who has expressed interest in coming down for the fight.

unfortunately cody is out injured for the time being and would probably also have a harder time than tj making 125

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
But the hill is hypocritical

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There's a minimum amount of buys you have to hit for points to kick in and Mighty Mouse never hits it. He definitely won't against ray borg

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I agree with inri that the 10/10 guys that fill out cards are the ones that really deserve a raise to at least a livable income after training expenses

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What's dj get from reebok? Isn't it based on ranking and amount of fights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

As a defending champion, he gets 40k from Reebok per fight. Some of that 40k may be in the form of equipment and apparel.

lol they can send him a bunch of lovely reebok clothes and count it towards his 40k?

• Locked thread