Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Max Holloway is 25 years old

Aldo got the WEC belt at 23 and was 24 when it became the UFC belt. It's cool that he's young but I don't think it should be very surprising as the sport matures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Troxartas posted:

So is Edgar the definite next shot? Has White said anything to that effect? Because if so, I would love to see Aldo/Swanson II get set up

Swanson's win streak is longer but I don't see what he's done since the last time Holloway and Edgar beat him up to jump one of them.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I.N.R.I posted:

thats nothing ... george foremans grill won him 100 million dollars

The American dream. Build a better grease trap

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

JaySB posted:

I'd have to look but I think Tyson probably beats Mayweather in terms of best seller. Mayweather's fights really never did well until he started fighting Mexican fighters on Mexican holidays. He went from Pretty Boy Floyd to Bad Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather in a decade or so. Boxing is also a much different animal than the UFC.

He doesn't but the two of them are head and shoulders over everyone else, except Pacquiao because Mayweather-Pac was so huge comparatively it's twice as big anything Tyson was in. But yeah the 2010s are a dramatically different PPV market than the mid 90s, there was no PPV when boxing was actually popular in the US, and MMA has a totally different dynamic.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

There were a few I thought people were forgetting then I remembered they were in Dream and not Pride, not that there's much difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

RIP Randleman

Randleman turning into Frank from Hellraiser is a top 10 pride moment

• Locked thread