Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

sam alvey really bothers me for some reason

click here http://i.imgur.com/5lLGZOG.jpg

hes like one of those early scenes in a horror movie or something where everythings like still reasonably normal seeming but u can just tell theres something super hosed up going on beneath the surface. this is just a tentative theory of mine but i think he likes to buy dozens of raw chickens from the store all at once and then arranges them into biblical scenes in his basement

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Tonights card is pretty trash outside of the main + co-main.. belfort vs Marquardt? cmon lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Holloway is really good....

I would say it seems like Aldo doesnt want it as bad anymore / has been jacking off too much/not enough, but he hung in there taking a beating way longer than most guys wouldve after he got dropped. Holloway also hit him with a lot of deceptive shots that didnt really look like they connected like the one that gave him that lump on his head

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This conversation is kind of hard to follow due to differing irony levels but Sage northcut being in the UFC despite being really bad at fighting, and them signing 0-1 guys for him to fight on the main card of PPVs, is a really big promotional push. And we'd be seeing more of him too if he didnt keep losing to the Mickey galls of the world

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

sage and paige main'd and co-main'd a fight card. sage has been on more main cards than wilson reis, and the only cards he's been on where he was not on the main card was his debut and ufc 200, where he shared the prelims with tj dillashaw, johny hendricks, rafael assuncao, kelvin gastellum, cat zingano and was placed above people who fought on the early prelims that no one watches the caliber of lauzon, miller, gomi, mousasi and sanchez.

it's insane to say that they haven't been given a little bit of help.

Yah

Its a little more understandable in Paiges case since the division is so thin and she seemed to have some potential

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

ppv star jon jones last finished a fight in early 2013 when he took out the highly touted chael sonnen

drat

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
TJ vs mighty mouse will be a really good fight if it happens

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

Or, alternatively, flyweight is already cool and good, MM could be a multi division champ without shuttering it, and any response to a rumor of a shutdown besides "that's loving dumb" makes you a moron

True

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Leben was too retarded to keep being a professional fighter so he became a real estate agent

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Da black beast sucks

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i absolutely don't give a poo poo about that fight but if it happens then i'm happy both those guys can stave off bankruptcy for another 6 months after the end of their careers

Same

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
As ive said before i think the best possible version of that fight would be old school American kickboxing rules, no kicks below the belt, no elbows or knees. Any more towards either side of the spectrum and its a really stupid easy fight for either guy. If its a boxing match i wont really care to watch it.. theyll have to settle for the other 69 million poeple who want to watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Shoulda cut out the gritz

ehhhh

• Locked thread