Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Could just be Dana talk, but on the Unfiltered podcast he claims that Vitor still has one more fight on his contract after this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

The article also says he imports snow on Christmas.

:boom:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

The Black Beast has a lot of love to give, apparently. To his fiancé and Ronda Rousey fine rear end, and the exercise instructors he jerks it to.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

chaleski posted:

We didn't deserve the Black Beast

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

You see, Lewis is a very explosive natural athlete. Furthermore

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm listening to Tuesdays ufc unfiltered podcast and jim norton said "if dana's ever lied, I've never caught him." That got a chuckle out of me.

Yeah, it's one of his defining characteristics. Jim and Matt really don't seem to follow MMA that much except on a surface level, so I think of them as being ignorant as opposed to being straight shills for the UFC. It is frustrating, though. The episode made me think of poo poo like Dana threatening to cut all of AKA if they didn't sign over their likeness rights for all of eternity.
Also, if no one gives a poo poo about DJ or TJ separately, what's their logic in assuming casual fans will care when they're fighting each other?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Matt Serra is a former UFC champion and actively trains some of the most talented MMA fighters on the planet. I think he might just follow MMA closely.

If you listen to the show regularly I don't understand how you would think that Serra keeps up with much besides what's going on with his own fighters and MMA headlines. He probably doesn't give a poo poo about the wider MMA world below the surface, as he's retired and spends his spare time eating Philly cheesesteaks with Dana, making GBS threads, TRT loving his wife, and raising his kids. Neither host thinks Dana White lies, really? On this very episode, they even admit they don't know what DJ's "demands" were concerning the TJ fight, nor his pay structure. They most often rely on their producer to give them factual info as they're recording.

Does Matt Serra know about fighting and training MMA? Absolutely. He even watches fights. But there's no evidence he's sitting at home in his reading glasses and a plate of baked ziti, prepping for the show by reading articles about the behind the scenes workings of the UFC.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 15, 2017

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

JaySB posted:

Aishop's Fables

Nice

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

coconono posted:

so there's still a chance for Rounda / Cyborg at 145, tho right?

lmao

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Conor trying to one up Edmund's mural.

Someone post it for comparison.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Sage has to fight John Makdessi and I think that's really funny

Ouch, for real? Have they finally given up on the Sage Northcutt Experiment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Good lord, Hendricks only eats deer meat and well done steak for protein. Smdh Jonie Biggg Riggg, you gonna get the gout.

• Locked thread