Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love that Dana's up and spinning lies at 3:22 AM

edit: time zones tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gay Horney posted:

Can you sue someone for Rico? I thought that was a criminal thing. Source: The Dark Knight

you can, in the same way you can sue someone for intentional infliction of emotional distress: they are real causes of action, but they are never successful absent truly insane facts

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I want to see TJ/DJ so bad, pls DJ

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mario Yamasaki is a hero

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lmao when is Travis gonna learn

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

JaySB posted:

Aldo's trainer is saying he was injured and that's why he didn't/couldn't throw kicks.
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/13/15792388/coach-jose-aldo-fought-injured-couldnt-throw-leg-kicks-ufc-212-mma

Always an excuse

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

they're so pert

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

handsome only face posted:

also he was in a horrible accident

Early POTY contender

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I completely forgot that this stupid fight night was on at 4 AM

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

rip gomi

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Someday a Colby Covington fight will be watchable

Someday

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Cowboy beating him to death will be extremely good

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Michael Bisping has not fought since October 4, 1997 and yet the UFC strips the Iron Lady just for having Schroedinger's hand injury for four months? Pathetic

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

GDR claims no one told her they were stripping her and she learned about it on Twitter. That seems unlikely, a professional sports corporation like the UFC wouldn't treat its employees like that

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/19/15829648/germaine-de-randamie-reacts-i-had-absolutely-no-idea-i-was-being-stripped-of-ufc-title

She also says she is fleeing to 135 to preserve herself from roided out Brazilian manmonsters

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

-the bodybuilder noshowed
-Cody waited for 2 hours
-Cody left
-the bodybuilder mysteriously arrived as soon as Cody was gone
-Cody returned
-the bodybuilder mysteriously disappeared immediately

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/6jfth0/cody_garbrandt_waiting_for_bodybuilder_matthew/

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

henkman posted:

Jesus christ

the fact that Cody spent all day trying to fight an internet troll makes me laugh a little bit every time I think about it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I'm more glad someone finally had the balls to call out Mario on that stupid heart than anything else

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I only read summaries of a few fights, did someone poop?

Felice Herrig got Justine Kish in a RNC

instead of tapping, Kish chose the warrior's path and poo poo everywhere

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

Pee or blood.

I never understood how anyone thought that was pee, if your pee is poo poo brown you need to go to a doctor

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Black Beast already unretired

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/26/15876592/derrick-lewis-decides-against-retirement-it-was-just-heat-of-the-moment

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

mewse posted:

I feel like the cold war is a really bad analogy for a time period characterized by rapid expansion

lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

the UFC wasn't 100% sure JDS had brain damage, so they're going the extra mile

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

For those of you who don't listen to the most intelligent podcast in MMA (dead serious I've listened to them all) You're Welcome, Chael's coach Clayton Hires has been on past couple episodes and it's cool to see their dynamic.

now that Joel's gone, it's actually listenable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dana is still extremely salty about DJ

quote:

“You want Ray Borg, we’ll give you Ray Borg,” White told MMAjunkie. “I’m sure the fans will be clamoring, and ticket sales will be through the roof and pay-per-views will be off the charts.”

[. . .]

“I’m not thrilled with Demetrious Johnson,” White said. “You’re the pound-for-pound best in the world, T.J. Dillashaw challenges you – one of the best in the world, former world champion – and you flat out deny the fight, flat out say, ‘I won’t do it. I want Ray Borg.’

“Who wouldn’t want to see Demetrious Johnson vs. T.J. Dillashaw? Dillashaw calling me every day: ‘I’m cutting weight. I’m cutting weight. I’m dieting. I’m training. I’m cutting weight. Do I got the fight? Do I got the fight?’ Ask T.J. Dillashaw next time you see him or you interview him. Calling me every day, chomping at the bit for the fight. You expect the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world to go, ‘Let’s do it.'”

hmm

• Locked thread