Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

This is one of those "nuclear waste is buried below here" things, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I'm starting to move away from eat the rich and into just kill them. Even if they don't feed the poor it is still the right thing to do [SMH]

Teaser ftfa posted:

Some of the first customers purchased T-shirts with a recommended retail price of about $700. The goods were quickly sold to others further down in the queue for $1400. A red and white hoodie jumper emblazoned with the LV monogram and bold "Supreme" logo cost $1400 inside. Outside it fetched $2800. Yohei Takamura and his friend, an artist called Sheta, saw the news of the pop-up store on Thursday and caught a flight to Sydney from Tokyo. They arrived in the queue straight from the airport on Friday morning before doors to the pop-up shop opened at 10am.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

ABC posted:

Aquaman movie given permission to film at Hastings Point, despite locals' anger

It was more akin to a country soap opera than the bright lights of Hollywood, with a mayor in tears and claims the environment was being forgotten.

But despite significant community opposition, movie giant Warner Bros was cleared to film its blockbuster Aquaman at the Hastings Point Headland, on the New South Wales far north coast.

It took an emergency meeting of the Tweed Shire Council to rubber-stamp the proposal for the $160 million project after furious ratepayers complained they were not consulted about plans to block off the site for at least two months.

The council granted a temporary licence to film at Hastings Point, with regular checks to be conducted.

Aquaman, which stars silver screen royalty Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Jason Momoa and Willem Dafoe, is based on an American comic book character.

Duncan Jones, Warner Bros' location manager, said he had spent a lot of time talking to locals but conceded "a few had slipped through the cracks".

"This is a really exciting project, we do make films everywhere, this is not the only location for this production," he said.

"We embrace every community that we go to. We like to think we make movies, but we give back to everywhere we go.
"We give back in a positive way, not just in terms of jobs and money, but we give that Hollywood wow-factor.

"This is the magic of Hollywood coming to the Tweed Shire."

Environmentalists bemused by decision

This is not the first time the area has been used to film a major movie.

Many local residents claim native grasses at the rocky foreshore were damaged during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean last year and fear history will repeat.

Greens Mayor Katie Milne broke down in the meeting while delivering an emotional speech about how the town must not forget the environment for the "bright lights" of Hollywood.

Gary Thorpe, president of Progress Association of Hastings Point, could not understand the decision.

He claimed local residents were not properly consulted.

"I think there needs to be some sort of limitations given," Mr Thorpe said.

"Otherwise we'll have one film crew queuing up after the next with no regulation in place."
Tweed Deputy Mayor Chris Cheery, also a Green, said council had tried to address ratepayers concerns, but conceded they had learnt from the spat.

"We need to do our consultation for this sort project that is going to have a high community impact, quite a bit earlier," she said.

"We need to be clearer to the film producers what we expect."

Filming will start next week.

People like the loving mayor slipped through the cracks and Hollywood sparkles don't repair the hosed town.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Hey look, Germany's parliament just voted to legalise same-sex marriage. :toot:
And their pollies where allowed to have a conscious vote without first holding an expensive plebiscite.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:lsd:

bowmore fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 30, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Centrelink is hacking phones [Age]

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
this place is hosed

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
IT CAME FROM DOMAAAAAAIN

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/demographic-tsunami-will-keep-sydney-melbourne-property-prices-high-20170629-gx1onj.html

A story favoured by the permabears who have been forecasting a housing crash for the past decade or so is that housing construction has outpaced population growth and therefore it will all end in tears – any year now.

A more reasoned story is that the almighty surge in construction has been playing catch up with the population after a decade of under-building.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Drug dealer + brown = terrorist [ABC]

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

starkebn posted:

this place is hosed

Not empty quoting

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Aren't these job seeking places the type of totally legit business that has to rebrand every six months or even shutdown and reopen under a new name?

They don't have to do that any more. They've been given all the power.
Even when I finally got a job they kept calling each month to check my progress, no doubt getting more money for doing so.
My only relief was when I totally spat the dummy at them and shouted insults down the phone at them until they hung up. And not even that stopped them from calling me again a month later. Cue more insult calls, once a month for a year after i got that job.

Snoremac, stay strong and endure it. If you're in Melbourne I'll buy you lunch some time if you want.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Who is doing the new thread?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

After she died Aveo put in an emergency buzzer, which as of Thursday wasn't working. [SMH]

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

quote:

in excess of 6700. 

Instead of camping out he now pays people, usually the homeless between $50 to $300, to wait in lines like this overnight.

"You pay them to eat, you pay for their food, pay for them to have a chair and stuff. They're happy to sit there. They are usually grateful," he said, his gold front tooth glimmering in the harsh morning sun beaming down on Bondi - one of Australia's most expensive postcodes

Why are you having a go at these hard working job creators?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Why are these all so lame? Some passionate people I guess but with no talent.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Left Renewal are social science students not art students :v:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

white lives matter march in Newtown

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Where's someone in a truck when you need them?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tiny crowd, a smart car would do the job

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

white lives matter march in Newtown

Lol get closer

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Will one of you lazy bludgers make the July thread before I report you to your JSA?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

This thread is now for complaining about no one making a new thread while also not making a new thread yourself.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Will one of you lazy bludgers make the July thread before I report you to your JSA?

DIBS

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

canada day themed auspol

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JBP posted:

Lol get closer

Not my pic; the rally didn't last long enough to request a bigger one unfortunately

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825507

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Not my pic; the rally didn't last long enough to request a bigger one unfortunately

White guys got no stamina Mr Speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Just in case you can't read Hookshots post and are wondering why this thread is now closed click here. If that doesn't work then click this link like the loving idiot you are

• Locked thread