Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Endman posted:

Crowdfunded blockades to stop fire fighters putting out fires in nazis' houses

So much for the tolerant left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
In happier news, I would like to thank whoever it was who suggested fighting against a falsely issued VEC fine like an angry pensioner. It worked, it was fun, and now I don't have to pay money for somebody else's fuckup!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Gorilla Salad posted:

But in horror story news, Stopping The Boats has taken a hell of a loving turn over in Europe.

(Guardian: "Far-right activists are planning a sea campaign this summer to disrupt vessels saving refugees in the Mediterranean, after successfully intercepting a rescue mission last month.")

It's Whale Wars but even more racist and incompetent!

The quote says "successful intercept" but I'm pretty sure those idiots were arrested after firing a flare at a boat

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

You know for a young lady Daisy looks a lot like a 38 year old meth head.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

FYI blocking putlocker would gently caress up alot of Anime streams.

Rupert you monster!

I knew something good would come out of the blocking of websites. Thanks Rupert!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

DancingShade posted:

You know for a young lady Daisy looks a lot like a 38 year old meth head.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.

I've done a bunch of meth in my time and never written anything half as garbage as her Leak bit.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who was that ISP that used to run a DC++ hub back in the day?

was it Powerup?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I just hope Foxtel continues to create original programming like that truly awful Archer rip-off cartoon.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
All 12 of my private trackers are working fine so who cares.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/871465038699270145

Imagine being this much of a shithead.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/871562826367721474

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

RIP

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Cleretic posted:

In happier news, I would like to thank whoever it was who suggested fighting against a falsely issued VEC fine like an angry pensioner. It worked, it was fun, and now I don't have to pay money for somebody else's fuckup!

I got out of mine too

For future reference the guy at the VEC told me what they look for is a lot of detail in your explanation so if you mention a specific mail box and time of day that you went and posted your vote you'll probably get away with it. Or you could do your duty and vote for your preferred property developer lackey

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

I got out of mine too

For future reference the guy at the VEC told me what they look for is a lot of detail in your explanation so if you mention a specific mail box and time of day that you went and posted your vote you'll probably get away with it. Or you could do your duty and vote for your preferred property developer lackey

Be the change you want to see and become that developers lackey.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Bogan King posted:

Be the change you want to see and become that developers lackey.

good idea, it's probably more agile and innovative than rotting away on the minimum wage

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

This is only the beginning. You can't kill the undead so easily.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Comstar posted:

This is only the beginning. You can't kill the undead so easily.

How many horcrux would a guy like that have, anyway?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Just one.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

please do not post photos of my home

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This Chinese donations thing is another 4 corners investigation where I'm gobsmacked and expect federal police to be kicking down doors and politicians running for cover the next day and then I'm disappointed when nothing happens.

*Edit* they went after the greyhound trainers in a big loving hurry though

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

EoinCannon posted:

This Chinese donations thing is another 4 corners investigation where I'm gobsmacked and expect federal police to be kicking down doors and politicians running for cover the next day and then I'm disappointed when nothing happens.

Dogs are more sympathetic than human beings.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Dogs are more sympathetic than human beings.

Didn't realise you had an account here Chris.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

EoinCannon posted:

For an example of this phenomenon, watch "The Moonlight State"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

For an example of this phenomenon, watch "The Moonlight State"

Didn't that kind of kick off the Fitzgerald inquiry though? We probably won't be getting a royal commission into political donations as a result of this ep

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

EoinCannon posted:

Didn't that kind of kick off the Fitzgerald inquiry though? We probably won't be getting a royal commission into political donations as a result of this ep

The Inquiry only happened because Joh was out of the country at the time and the deputy leader started it without Joh's knowledge

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

You Am I posted:

The Inquiry only happened because Joh was out of the country at the time and the deputy leader started it without Joh's knowledge

At Disneyland actually.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

What were the big revelations?

Is this the real reason Dastiyari was in London?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

At Disneyland actually.

Hah, I didn't know that. I read the Three Crooked Kings trilogy but I didn't know the specifics of how the inquiry got started. Joh was probably doing some fact finding into his plan to build the world's tallest building in Brisbane.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brown Paper Bag posted:

What were the big revelations?

Is this the real reason Dastiyari was in London?

It was just kind of putting specific names to donors and illustrating the links between them and certain lobby groups and specific politicians, they apparently got this information from some secret ASIO briefing to party leaders a while back. Dastiyari and Andrew Robb didn't look good but we already knew that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Brighton just got terrorised. Time to close the borders.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Brighton just got terrorised. Time to close the borders.

Institute TOUGH TONES SPECIAL TERRA COURT

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So is this another "crazy person brandishing the flag of terrorism" thing? Like the Lindt cafe siege?
As opposed to the stuff you see in Europe and America where the terrorists are organised and coordinated (but still as crazy).

Correct me if I'm wrong but "Man calls Channel 7 newsroom saying ‘This is for IS’ and ‘This is for Al-Qaeda'" would be like saying "THIS IS FOR COLLINGWOOD AND RICHMOND, LONG MAY THEY REIGN" or some garbage rugby league equivalent.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sounds like he was making bombs with another guy and individuals yelling IS or whatever are still doing what IS wants them to do so who gives a gently caress what number of men are yelling it?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

JBP posted:

Sounds like he was making bombs with another guy and individuals yelling IS or whatever are still doing what IS wants them to do so who gives a gently caress what number of men are yelling it?

The extent of my awareness of this whole thing is the ABC article and the summary bits of the rest of the articles.
I haven't read anything about bombs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bombs or not the dude isn't a random crazy, he's a dude with internet access watching a bunch of bad poo poo and sharing bad opinions with other clowns instead of chilling in the 'yob for a bit until he calmed down.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Luke Fourniotis had parked his truck in a nearby side street and had wandered down to “check it out” a few minutes earlier

I was chatting to one of the cops, just being curious, then all of sudden we just hear all these shots,” the 22-year-old said.

“Everyone just panicked. I started running but I didn’t know where the shots were coming from so I had this thought: ‘Are they shooting at us?’ My heart was in my throat, I nearly dropped my Chico Roll. Yeah, it was scary.”

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

Bombs or not the dude isn't a random crazy, he's a dude with internet access watching a bunch of bad poo poo and sharing bad opinions with other clowns instead of chilling in the 'yob for a bit until he calmed down.

I mean that's probably what happened, but also maybe not. Bourke Street was just a 'random crazy.' Monis probably was too.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
My taxi driver tonight thinks that all the Muslims coming out against the terrorist attacks are secretly condoning them. I said I haven't seen any evidence of support for terrorism from, say, Wallsend Mosque and he said "Oh, no, they wouldn't support it but they might be saying well, you know, 'that's one down', don't you think?"

We're hosed.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

gay picnic defence posted:

Or you could do your duty and vote for your preferred property developer lackey

Hey, I did, it's not my fault!

But yeah, I think what might've gotten me over the line was the paragraph where I explained, in unprovably-specific detail, exactly which mailbox I went to and what pharmacy I was going to at the time to get a refill of what prescription drug. I could be making every single part of that up (although I wasn't), they wouldn't know, but it sounds legit if it's that specific!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

JBP posted:

"Using the internet and sharing ideas with like minded people" isn't very convincing criteria to distinguish between Islamist terrorists and psychiatric patients.

Where are you getting these things about making bombs and online plots? Nothing I've seen has any information beyond an unidentified guy shooting another guy, taking a hostage and getting shot, and some other unidentified guy who may or may not have been the murderer making a phone call about Islamic state.

• Locked thread