Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Not sure if :thejoke: but Pauline does anticipate a cyborg Indian (who is also a Chinese lesbian) being the new supreme leader in 2050.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32215758/asian-lesbian-cyborg-pauline-hanson-book-the-truth-one-nation/#page1

Is she posting from the Shadowrun universe? Maybe she's reading an old source book - the next thing she's going to complain about is Elves taking over the East Timor oil fields.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

This is only the beginning. You can't kill the undead so easily.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Are there many Australian or Australian military personal in Qatar?

Because either KSA and their allies blockade continues and Qatar runs out of food, there is a coup or someone's going to start shooting in the local area.

(edit, and shooting is ongoing right now in the Iranian Parliament, which is going to make them want to go to war against someone).

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 7, 2017

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
There has to be some millionaires and expats living there, who are going to want an evacuation (if they aren't already doing it).

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Murdoch to be given channel 10 at bargain price?.

Driving Channel 10 into administration will "force" President Trumball to break the media rules to allow them to get it, but what's the end game? Channel 10 becomes FoxNews? I thought Sky News had that gig already.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
THREE Federal Ministers to be hauled in front of Supreme Court

quote:

Three senior Turnbull government ministers will be hauled before the Supreme Court of Victoria to explain why they should not be charged with contempt after accusing the judiciary of advocating softer sentences for terrorists.

In an explosive development, the Supreme Court has ordered Health Minister Greg Hunt, Assistant Treasurer Michael Sukkar and Human Human Services Minister Alan Tudge to appear on Friday "to make any submissions as to why they should not be referred for prosecution for contempt".
The judicial registrar has also written to The Australian's editor and the journalist Simon Benson asking them or their legal representatives to attend the court, alongside legal representatives for News Limited.

I am sure nothing will happen to them, beyond maybe a small "Don't do that" message.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Laurie Oakes clearly gives no fucks.

Fortunately for our Prime Minister, Trump is going to rage about some other guy called President Trumball.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I blame seeing the new Wonder Women. It made me think.

The whole new Victoria state laws coming in where "you are guilty and no proof is required or can be fought against because it's a secret" too.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Am I correct in thinking the Catholic schools are angry because the rich as hell ones have been getting all the money instead of the poor ones, and now the Government intends the money to actually go to the poorer ones?

However, the Catholic powers that be still decide where the money is going (instead directly to the school that needs it), so I don't understand what they are complaining about? Won't they still get the money to the rich kids who need it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Also the religious schools don't get the money directly- it's given to the Catholic Education (Corporation?) and then "assigned". Aka the rich schools get more money because reasons. I suspect they are unhappy because the parents at then poor schools are going to start asking questions on where is the money actually going.

• Locked thread