Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I don't really know if Adani giving a green light to their own project really changes that much. They are still up poo poo creek with regards to financing the thing. Despite QLD Labor being all too keen to wolf down on Adani dick, I can't see any bank being loving dumb enough to spank a few billion up against the wall on this project. They certainly won't be refusing funding because of ethical, moral, or environmental reasons, but I just don't see how there is any justifiable business case that would present a return on investment good enough to justify the risk. Well, at least until Canavan announces a $5bn gift to fund the entire construction phase with public money and no requirement for Adani to repay any meaningful amount of it.

God just gently caress off already Queensland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Is... is Murdoch's empire finally losing it's ability to successfully direct people to vote against their own interests*? Could this be the tipping point where enough people have finally just completely tuned all of his loving shitrags out?

I always assumed we'd have to wait for that walking amalgamation of scrotum skin to take his rightful place in a grave before his empire would devour itself but maybe... just maybe one can dream.

*offer not valid in the USA

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Extra hot or you can simply get the gently caress out

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
If you haven't gone to Silva's in Petersham I'm not sure you technically classify as having lived a life

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

JBP posted:

My uncle works at the government and he said the Greens want to shut down Nando's.

The thin end of the potato wedge

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

HookShot posted:

Fine, also the crusts are burnt then :colbert:

The cornicione is supposed to have burnt bits :colbert:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

AgentF posted:

This thread has gone to the dogs since the Mia Freedman chat started. Can we all just drop it?

Good call. Chris Kenny hot takes 3 2 1 go

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

‘Absolute bombshell’ on One Nation

Independent Victorian senator Derryn Hinch says an “absolute bombshell” will be dropped shortly relating to One Nation.

“It’s not financial. Nobody’s quitting,” Senator Hinch told 3AW radio.

“It involves a staffer, not a senator.”

Asked if the public should care about the “bombshell, Senator Hinch said: “I think you will.”

Neil Mitchell: Is James Ashby doing something?

Hinch: Oh… umm… ah… Move on.

Neil: Is that a ‘No comment’?

Hinch: It’s a ‘No comment’. My first ‘No comment’ ever.

This will just be a sloppy wet fart of disappointment like every other scandal involving One Nation because there will be absolutely zero criminal/legal repercussions of any substance and will probably see ON primary vote actually go up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I too agree that we should keep jihadis off the streets and stop hate preachers via better use of our armed forces by letting them shoot to kill

*simultaneously fellates self and violently shits into own mouth*
*is Tony Abbott*

• Locked thread