Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Brighton just got terrorised. Time to close the borders.

Institute TOUGH TONES SPECIAL TERRA COURT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Apparently a second Australian was killed in London and she's a hot blonde.

Battlestations.

e: also noting that the family needs to clarify that she doesn't drink or do drugs and this speaks to her being a "good person".

God that's depressing. The only measure of a person to the media is which vices they fail to indulge.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Replace all text in red with "Shitposting" and voila, there I am.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Your guy just blamed Australia for terrorism and you think that is going to gel with swing voters. What the loving lol. If they want that speech they can vote for the Greens, that's fine and good for the country. The ones that are swinging left to right don't give a gently caress about anything in that fancily worded statement.

Yeah let's never try to educate or inform discussion, don't include nuance or try to change the terms of a debate, just engage with the LNPs talking points whole cloth and then we'll win the discussion we've allowed them to frame somehow.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

They are frequently challenged in the media but frightened people are hard to turn, especially when they turn the fear into fury at an other. I don't think the ALP is particularly interested in spending one or more election cycles educating people on a better way to defeat terrorism because parliamentary democracy is a reactionary garbage fire.

The problem with this is that people then never get educated and everyone slides further into knee jerk reactionism and we get theater instead of good policy. I don't know what the solution to parliamentary garbage fire is though. Probably strong institutions but har har har, efficiency dividended to death.

JBP posted:

I thought they straight up shot a hostage.

It was a bullet fragment but I think the cause of death was ruled as heart attack.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Endman posted:

It is I, the impenetrable phone book man!

*firehose*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Can we send him back to what I think must have been a British slum?

Drive him into the sea.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Teresa "Charge Old People For Their Own Care" May is very left wing guys. Charging old people for their own care is a policy that is totally consistent with the ideological standpoint of "the left".

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

In news that will shock exactly zero people the ALP has learned nothing at all.

Labor right in wrong lesson shock.

I guess we can rule out change from without I guess the only option is change from withgndhsajfh

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

That's why you're the Worst English Speaking Country!

Britain was only temporarily worse because of Brexit, which was super duper stupid and racist, but they made up for it with Corbae and the nightmare leprechaun shitstorm now descending upon their tory party.

While I don't mind your perspective I'm pretty sure that racistly shooting yourself in the dick because man, shooting my dick off is sure going to hurt those browns (AKA brexit) still isn't worse than torturing refugees in offshore hell camps. I'm sorry.

Also I'm sorry.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

besides who needs live music when you have friday night magic at tactics

Even I, a bunch of car eating rats taped together into the vague approximation of a human, am better than that.

Perth has gotten much better since the mid 2000's when upon the setting of the sun the entire city would retreat back into it's crypt like a reverse vampire.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

goons itt all falling over themselves to try and convince everyone that they aren't cheetos-golems with no social life by talking about things like "going out for dinner" and "live music"

you're not fooling anyone

I just wanna be able to buy cheetos after 6pm on a week night.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It also doesn't help if you're renting and solar panels are an unattainable dream.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Was possible, or is possible?

Corbyn was only allowed to stand as a joke by right wing MPs.

And got elected by vote of membership and is constantly sabotaged by the leadership. I mean the treatment of Corbyn by Labor is the best possible argument that change from within isn't possible because everyone who's in charge of within doesn't want it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

I'm a monster who's on the dole and needs to vent.

I turned down a job as a sales/logistics coordinator because it was paying minimum wage when, based on my research, people on average earn about $25 for that position. I could've accepted less than that, but the employer wouldn't raise the pay and we parted on amicable terms. I contacted my recruitment agency to let them know and they said my Newstart might now be at risk of termination because I didn't accept suitable employment. I pointed out that this forces me to accept employment I don't want, which screws over the employer a few months down the road when I find better work and they've wasted time training me (this was a small business and I would have been running their whole office, so they would have ended up in a very lovely position). I pointed out that being forced into the job makes me less flexible in terms of taking calls/attending interviews for jobs I do want. I didn't point out that any employer who went through the agency and was aware of these terms could force people into contracts offering less pay than the position deserves. I also didn't point out that this could lead to me attending interviews for jobs I don't want and tanking them just so I'm meeting my obligations.

It's absurd. They know I'm actively trying to find work. I got interviewed and offered the job two hours after the agency told me about it. I liked it and would've accepted if the pay was reasonable. And now I might be cut off from assistance. I doubt Centrelink are going to appreciate the nuances of the situation.

This is unbelievably lovely and a perfect example of the system failing to provide for a person doing the right thing. Centrelink should be supporting job seekers getting the right job not getting "any loving job". It's totally missing the forest for the trees in terms of economic outcomes and going straight to kicking the poor.

gently caress.

Also you are right logistics co-ordinators are usually not a minimum wage role.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Guess my brother was lucky as gently caress. He just recently quit his agency job after working in a plastic bag factory. They weren't giving him proper safety gear to deal with the fumes from the glue and his agency didn't even ask why, just gave him a new job on the Monday.

Holy poo poo please have him report this to a regulator or safety agency or union or loving something.

because uhhhh yeah holy poo poo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

Thanks. I needed to hear someone say it's as lovely as it appears to me.

I have to wait until tomorrow to hear back from the agency. I might be okay on the technicality that I've said I'm looking for full-time work and the position was part-time (for some reason the employer told the agency it's full-time when it was only 20 hours). Also, they were only paying $13 during the training period, which has to be illegal? Hopefully the agency consider this and doesn't forward anything to Centrelink, but who knows.

:catstare:

Maybe some of the more workplace law educated can comment on this one (JBP?) but I'm pretty sure they can't do that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It's not very subtle "poor shaming". I know quite a few people who have had it sufficiently drilled into them that they'd never go on the dole because they're not that kind of person just because of how demonised it's become.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian Politics live blog posted:

Pauline Hanson is arguing the case to introduce a debt ceiling on how much the Australian government could borrow.

:lol:

:suicide:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Help I'm feeling something positive towards my state.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Every time Labor finds a new way to disappoint me, the coalition is right there to drive me straight back into thinking they aren't so bad.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kafka Syrup posted:

Email Rob Stott at Buzzfeed (Rob.Stott@BuzzFeed.com) and get this up. Asher Wolf (whose email addy I don't have) is the freelancer leading the story on this and would be good to touch base with. This is absolutely hosed and needs immediate media attention.

In other media news: Buzzfeed AusPol's political editor, Mark Di Stefano, is leaving the Canberra Bureau for a gig in the UK. RIPs.

Oh no, our journalist!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Well lesson learned for centrelink, if the job doesn't appeal to you or pays slave rates or you don't want it, don't turn it down, just start asking about if any blacks or jews (substitute with racial epithet to taste) work there and how much you can't stand them so you don't get hired.

EDIT: 1 epithet == 1 prayer

hooman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 14, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

I'm not sure you get how Australia works. This is actually how you get a promotion / raise.

Talk about how much you hate anzacs and you're not surprised they couldn't beat a bunch of manly tough turks when they're all just limp wristed aussies?

EDIT: Suggest we shouldn't torture refugees in offshore camps. Say "maybe all muslims aren't bad".

EDIT2: Fuckit, look just poo poo your pants.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

I got off due to the illegal training wage. They were suddenly very chipper and kind. Haven't slept since yesterday and I'm too tired to process what that means.

That's great news, and I'm glad to hear it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

:thunk: posted:

The Honey Badgers also argue feminism oppresses women by defining them as victims who need to be rescued. Asked how this was different to men claiming they were victims, Karen replies that men are real victims and women are just pretending.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

He even laughs in a grid.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Their reason? They were "still working it out". Seriously.

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/874879556758491136

Let me make that clear: they opposed a motion to drop the idea because they weren't sure what their position was.

It's peak labor, we haven't had enough time to form a position on this terrible proposition to kick the poor yet. We believe *checks notes*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

WA confirmed as chicken shop Mecca

:smug:

Vale River Rooster, my university camp hangover cure.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

My uncle works at the government and he said the Greens want to shut down Nando's.

Those monsters! That's it, I'm voting for the "Leopards eating your face Party" that'll stop those greens from shutting down nandos!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Don't do this, or at least talk to a lawyer.

Definitely talk to the union about what your legal recourses are. Do not turbofuck yourself over these shitheads.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hookshot come to perth and get pineapple pizza at theo & co, the best pizza in the world

Second come to perth. Also Theo&Co isn't even the best pizza in Perth.

I mean it's good, but lets not go overselling it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Double Post!

Also - who gives a poo poo what people put in their food? If it's healthy, or even simply not made out of pure loving lard, let them enjoy it.

Stop lardshaming me.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Divine Orator posted:

What is, if you don't mind me asking?

My favourite pizza shop is Chelsea Pizza on Stirling Hwy. What is the *best* in Perth? No idea, I'd need to eat a lot more pizza than my health would be happy with to make that determination.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

Having embarked upon a quest to divine Perth's best burger, I can only tell you that I'm hosed if anyone dies this year because my suits don't fit.

Please make sure you live long enough to report your findings, or at least leave enough evidence for us to infer them. Have you tried RoyAl's in East Vic Park? I love them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Other posted:

A quick google image search found a twitter post where someone points out it's not actually from the game and it's instead a fan made render grabbed from someone's DeviantArt
https://twitter.com/kungfuman316/status/873813568759754753

Lol "journalism"

EDIT Also christ look at the size of that left hand. She could palm a loving basketball.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Shame on you for not recognising the Atlanta Dream's starting centre Damiris Dantas

drat, I just watched some clips, she's great. Shame on me indeed.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Brown Paper Bag posted:

And RoyAls do an amazing fried chicken burger.

Truth.

I will have to try this city burger.

YOU CAN PRY MY BURGER CHAT FROM MY COLD DEAD GREASY HANDS.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Latham vs. Symonds vs. Abbott vs. Hildebrand vs. Descending spike ceiling cage match please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Knorth posted:

Mark is an idiot

• Locked thread