Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Starshark posted:

Actually I was chucking out copies of the Arse from my library and I noticed they did an article on Dutton with some poo poo about being a warrior or something. Didn't read it, through it out with the rest of the poo poo, but my sense was they were trying to talk him up.

I really really hope they do put him in

I also really really hope its a couple of months before the election, and that the getup campaign against him works and he is voted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Condolences to anyone who wrote for SBS Comedy/Backburner, if any of you are even still here.

Why, what happened?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SBS Comedy was axed, it ends in two weeks, Backburner in a week.

Ah ffs thats poo poo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

This is a good video about the UK election https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMRWUu9WvyM

That is a good video about the UK election.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

As if Brisbane has enough teams to care about for another stadium?

Red? Suncorp
Broncos? Suncorp
Cricket? Gabba
Basketball? Convention Centre

Who is this for even?

People who like sports ball.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

asio posted:

"I can spend money more often, city is more cultural" lol

No, you are wrong and he is correct.

Fringe, more food and wine and booze festivals than you can shake a stick at, more music options, more small bars, better nightlife (northbridge isnt quite the stabby shithole it once was) PIAF and this is by no means an extensive list. If you think perth is the same shithole it used to be, you would be sorely wrong.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snoremac posted:

Do recruitment agents get commissions when they successfully find an employee for an employer? I'm just wondering whether they have an actual stake in this that might explain why they suddenly became such assholes.

Yes, but I think its only after you have been on the books for a certain amount of time, or its increased after you have been on the books for a while. Not too sure.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Starshark posted:

Why would you go out and buy spiced chicken when you can make your own at home cheaper with fresh ingredients that's much more delicious?

(I don't actually know the answer to this, I'm a vegetarian)

Time is worth money, and gently caress cooking would be a big part of it.

If I am in a mental state to want to eat the poo poo the KFC passes off for food, im not in a mental state where I should be allowed to cook.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

bandaid.friend posted:

There isn't a single Red Rooster within, north or east of Sydney CBD can you believe this

Yes.

Isnt there a map of RR locations that can be divided into "western sydney" and "not western sydney"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

open24hours posted:

Something I've always wondered about is why TV broadcasting licenses were (are, although it doesn't matter so much anymore) so restricted? Is it just to protect the existing channels from competition, or is there more to it?

Its to protect against one person/group owning all the media outlets in one city/state, because a free and fearless media is an important part of an open democracy and if one person owns it all then they would have too much power to shape public discourse.

Which is yet another thing we have completely hosed up in australia.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

I often work with what was once the Australian Journalists Association. Mia bad.

This is the exact bollocks that was just railed against. Empty slurs with no corroborating evidence. Grats.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Lmao are adults allowed to know where these fine premises are?

Geisha, blazing Swan, Indi bar, mint, any festival ever, the Scarborough blue light disco.

Drugs are usually easy to find.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Given the reactions of people on pingers and the reactions of people on alcohol, I know which one I would prefer was offered freely

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

The Queen's is poo poo as I recall. I think the court might have been the one I would frequent (they did good raves in the carpark).

Can confirm queens is horrible, but mainly for the service. The food was tasty.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

The Bakery is gone. However if you meant the Queen's in Highgate (which isn't a gay bar but is openly LGBTIQ friendly) then there are tonnes of places as good as that, if not better scattered around Perth now.

Ironically though, none of them were mentioned in the above post about MDMA.

Have you been to Geisha?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bogan King posted:

Just lol if you're thinking about pinging and eating. Not gonna happen buddy.

Naw look at this little guy.

It's easy to eat on pingers, you just gotta choose your food wisely. Chicken creamed rice was a mainstay because it goes down easy, is nice and smooth and fills you up without being too heavy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

I linked the banker part.

Did you though? I cant find anything linking Jason Lavigne to the website/company you linked. The company JNL investments was created nearly 6 years after JNL Pty Ltd was created, has a different registered name, different registered address, there is no mention of Jason anywhere on the JNL website, and it still shows him as the owner of JNL pty ltd, which has its primary point of business as NSW.

Plus its weird to describe an investment banking firm that you started as "Investment vehicle for property, stocks, and interesting tech stuff." I agree that they sound similar, but they are not.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Check his linked in.

Yeah this is going to blow your mind but JNL pty ltd is not JNL investments ltd.

Do you have anything else I could use to verify? Because I like to think I am pretty good at googling stuff, but there is sweet gently caress all about Jason Lavigne being a investment banker, and those guys are usually pretty boastful about what they do.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

I don't and I'm not completely sure outside of having always heard him referred to as a banker and such in the media.

And I hope we have all learned a valuable lesson.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ler posted:

Some poo poo going on in NSW Greens, again. This time from a now former member, Jarah Crook.
I feel like I met him or he was a member here....any one know him?

Dont know the guy, never heard of him before, but I instinctively distrust anyone who calls themselves a Provocateur

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ziggurat posted:

good evening, friend. i am here to seduce you.

I love you

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

Like, HE, did you seriously post that thinking people were actually going to read it? Seriously?

are you loving serious?

thats hosed. Yes, he should seriously expect people to read an article. This is dnd. If you want low content shitposts, try the crew threads. So far the reaction to this has been simultaneously disgusting and depressing. I honestly thought the people in here were better than that, but hey, here we are.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

They can just kick her out and replace her with someone else can't they?

I thought they could kick her out of the party, but that would just make her an independent. They cant force a byelection without her resigning iirc.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

despite the incredibly bad name that makes you think of My First Half Life mod, playerunknown's battlegrounds is ridiculously good fun.

it's basically a competitive survival shooter. the core gameplay idea is this: about a hundred people are dumped on an island, last person standing wins. you begin with nothing and must track down weapons and safe spots. there are additional complications, such as artillery strikes, and a blue forcefield of electric death, that complicate things. overall, the rounds take maybe thirty minutes -- shorter if you die, of course.

and, despite being an incredibly unoptimized, somewhat janky alpha, that core gameplay idea (and the core gameplay loop within it) is fantastic.

basically, it works like this. from the moment you land, you land needing to find resources to give you an edge in survival -- weapons, armor, medical supplies. with the resources, you kill players who are competing for the same resources. killing players expends resources, which means you need to scavenge for more resources, which means...

the action is janky and the game is pretty unoptimized, but that core loop is really well executed. additionally, depending on how the game plays it, you get a variety of drastically different scenarios. did you land far from the safe zone? well, you better prepare for a cross-island adventure. did you land well within the safe zone? then you get to fortify and hold your ground against the people who'll be coming there. a lot of the game relies on listening out for other people, as there are no visual cues for where people are coming from. you need to listen for gunfire and footsteps and even people talking as they get closer.

you can play solo, duo or squad (three or four). each method offers a fairly different experience. i've been playing with a variety of auspol goons and it's been a lot of fun blowing away pubbies (this is untrue, i often die in the first exchange of gunfire) and trading verbal jabs with the various strange characters who inhabit oceania. "taiwan is number one", for example, is a good thing to spit out at your killer as you bleed out.

generally, the combat is split between short bursts of frantic, murderous action and longer stretches of tense waiting, watching and observing. it works really well because the map is large enough, and the spawns random earth, to prevent any sort of rote memorization with the lack of visual hud elements (eg: highlighting enemies or incoming fire) forcing players to communicate and call things out, such as coordinates and location. it's also neat because the game gives this feeling of being stuck on an island with a bunch of murderers, which is probably assisted by the purestrain verbal idiocy that people will be shouting over chat. it all comes together really well and it's really fun to boot.

once this game gets better optimized and less janky, it's going to be pretty amazing. as it is, its very solid and definitely worth the purchase.

so basically hunger games

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

that's what i said but i was told NO IT'S LIKE BATTLE ROYALE MILKY YOU loving IDIOT

I hope you replied "no, its nothing like that mobile game" just to wind them up.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Tokamak posted:

Thread has been saying that it is going to level off and deflate for over five years, and it is still growing. So by using my magical power of internet deduction, the bubble will actually explode big time.

To be fair, it's only growing in Melbourne and Sydney. Perth has been deflating for a while now. So the thread was partly right.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bogan King posted:

He's basically former though. Just punching the clock to get a paycheque.

keep on moving those goalposts.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bogan King posted:

Or you know, he's not in government now and not able to actually put anything through. Despite sitting there he isn't really in a position to do much of what he waffles on about.

Or you know, you got caught out in an error and refuse to say you are wrong. Its not like its that difficult duder. Its not even a huge error, but here we are.

Again, its better that this is at least talked about by current sitting politicians. Overton window and all.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

Their campaign slogans can be found on the back of every Nissan Patrol or Toyota Landcruiser that has the big mud digger tyres on it.

The irony of which should not be ignored.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Going full out apologetic immediately is massively disarming for enemies who will immediately become the Bad Guys if they press an attack.

Unless you are a lady muslim who speaks about anzac day.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

The ones that form governments.

And then support draconian state sponsored surveillance and tropical rape death camps am I rite

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You wouldn't though? You'd take it on the train and ride to work, lock it up there?

At least in perth, you arent allowed to take a bike on the train during rush hours.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zenithe posted:

loving lol if you think I'm leaving my bike at my local train station for any length of time.

And again, Perth transport best transport, because there are bike lockers at a lot of train stations, including ones you can only access through your smart rider, which you have to register to allow use of the bike lockers, so they know who and when people access it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

He's taken a leave of absence BEFORE being checked by a doctor to see if he's fit to travel to Australia.
Pell is coming home one way or another.

I will believe this when I see him land in australia.

• Locked thread