Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

please do not post photos of my home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

even owen smith is saying that corbyn did a good job. there will be bitter losers but the left's hold on labour is safe - for now.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlboMP/status/873030015608168448

look out bill he's coming for your zingers

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i don't like labor but god i loving hate the tories

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Starshark posted:

Is the miserable gently caress even out of surgery yet.

yes, though you wouldn't be able to tell by how large he still is

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tasmantor posted:

Sorry to interrupt food chat and women bashing but I have a problem you guys might be able to help with. I have a 2nd year apprentice who had found a much better shop who want to take him on but the boss just told him he can't do that. Does that seem right? It smacks of the sort of BS that is driving him away anyway.

generally speaking a termination of apprenticeship requires the agreement of both apprentice and employer. that said, an employer refusing to let someone who doesn't want to work for them go is a real piece of poo poo. worst comes to worst he can unilaterally stop his apprenticeship, but he may not receive full credit for the on-the-job work he's done so far.

i'd advise him to get in touch with his apprenticeship network provider (if he remembers who that is, they're a bit useless), and his State Training Authority. the STA should be easy to find but if you let me know what state he's in i can give you their details.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

that people get paid for these utter dogshit analyses drives me to despair. "hmm yes labor had a historically high gain in total votes and the tories lost their majority, completely loving up the entire purpose of the election. but!!!!!! if you look at the numbers with no understanding of the political context, the conservatives won. i'm a political analyst."

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

What does increased voter turnout have to do with Australia, o wise one?

this is an excellent refutation of an argument which i didn't make and which has nothing to do with my post, good job

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

Was his success based on increased voter turnout? I think it might have been! Did he win? No. What about this take is so outlandish? The author is also a former member of federal parliament, so maybe he is somehow qualified to provide said takes on politics and campaigning?

his take is "labor lost because they did not win the most seats" which is just as correct as "the romans lost the battle of herraclea because they lost the most men". the conservatives threw away their majority on an election they didn't need and are now hanging on to power by a thread; labour made major gains among key demographics and corbyn has proven himself as a capable leader. saying "labour lost" isn't wrong, but it's completely meaningless as political analysis.

i am in no way saying that the situation is analogous to australian politics because as you very cleverly pointed out, we have different voting systems!!!! way to go.

in fact, perhaps the difference in voting systems is reason not to automatically trust a former australian politician's take!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tasmantor posted:

Sorry it took me a while to respond, we are in Vic'. If it would help I'm happy to say it's not safe for him there, a quote from one of the bosses to him "a free electrocutions makes a good electrician!" Ignoring that our trade isn't electrical that's just appalling to say.

all good, the victorian STA is the VRQA, their contact details are 1300 722 603 or vrqa.apprenticeships@edumail.vic.gov.au. hopefully they'll be able to advise what can be done. i'd say it's worth him mentioning the cavalier attitude to safety as a confounding factor in wanting to leave as well.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Zenithe posted:

I've been wrong before, but can it get much lower than this?

look no offence intended but i think there'd be a sense of tragic karma if miranda devine burnt to death

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

just you wait, some Queensland farmer has got to have a Tiger tank lying around somewhere

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yes

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

how about we disband NSW greens and start again

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Frogfingers posted:

Simple solution: ACT annexes all of NSW, then give statehood to NT.

you think we Canberrans want to have to deal with all the poo poo in NSW? get outta here

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Comstar posted:

Am I correct in thinking the Catholic schools are angry because the rich as hell ones have been getting all the money instead of the poor ones, and now the Government intends the money to actually go to the poorer ones?

However, the Catholic powers that be still decide where the money is going (instead directly to the school that needs it), so I don't understand what they are complaining about? Won't they still get the money to the rich kids who need it?

yes. they're upset for the sake of being upset. loving papists

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ziggurat posted:

sorry i just really loving hate pauline

just wanna say you have my moral support for murdering your political enemies (not practical support because i'm a coward)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

here's my argument

gonski 2 uses a better model than current school funding, cool.
it provides more funding than what is currently legislated. it provides less funding than labor has promised they would provide. labor's promise is immaterial because they are not in power, and can increase funding when they're elected.
the crossbenchers have gotten some significant concessions from the government, chief among them an independent body to supervise schools funding.

seems like a fairly reasonable package to support. the labor chuds will cry about lnp-greens collusion but the greens aren't the ones who line up to support torturing refugees and increasing the power of the police and intelligence agencies so they can go gently caress themselves

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

did hobotica have too many teachers or too few? auspol will never agree

i propose a third way

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

back in the 60s or 70s catholic schools threatened to close down and send all their pupils to public schools, overloading the system, unless the government gave them money. so now they have money.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

everyone makes spooky noises about rdn being a secret neoliberal but i've seen literally nothing that indicates that's the case. can anyone help?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol, just lol if you're not joining a political party that needs to use parentheticals to distinguish itself from its splits

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

QM what modelling did you guys use to figure out cuts under gonski 2.0? there seems to be a lot of numbers put out by various groups but i'm not sure which ones actually reflect reality.

open24hours posted:

It seems like a bad idea to even consider negotiating with the Libs on anything. Any negative outcome will be blamed on the Greens and any positive attributed to the Libs. Gonna end up negotiating themselves into irrelevance.

if the greens never negotiate, they're giving up their position as the largest bloc on the crossbench and thus the easiest way for the government to pass bills labor won't support for nothing. even if in practice they don't support much the lnp proposes, it's worth it to stay in the game in case they accidentally come up with good policy (eg the senate voting changes)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

now i'm thinking about what would happen if an abstentionist party gained a majority

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

australian international peoples' and workers' communist party (hoxhaist (non-reformist))

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

also swan is a backbencher so get out of here with this 'former' poo poo

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

isn't swan labor right tho

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tony's insanely loving stupid, hope this helps

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

thinking about submarines just makes me wonder how the gently caress they got people to become submariners in ww1/2 when it was even worse and you were much more likely to die a horrible death

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

"Buying items of intrinsic value (that means that by the nature of their material they have monetary value) is a way to enjoy having money, and to also have liquid items (liquid means easily sell-able for cash) in your life that will maintain or increase their value over time. Things like gold, silver or platinum can be bought in ounces, kilos or coins."

this is one of the best paragraphs i've ever read

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i support RDN in his efforts to crush the trotskyist revisionists that infect the NSW greens and if you don't then you're third columnists and need to be purged

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

Trotsky did nothing wrong

mods ban this sick filth

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

that's only what she wants you to think

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

fatty detected

once again the trotskyists have failed in the dialectic and are forced to resort to false personal attacks

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

You can shitpost if you register with the government first.

wish you'd register your posts

at the tip

where they belong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hooman posted:

Look at this bougie gently caress who thinks you register anything at the tip.

Mate, take it to the correct pile and kick it out of the tray.

you gotta register it so they know how much to charge you mate!! and for you are posts they're gonna charge a shitload

• Locked thread