Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
So the Junkee WordPress theme is custom af so fair go ripped them the gently caress off [Junkee]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/880290484408561664

loving die already Abbott

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/k_morrissey/status/880379464223408128

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Cardinal George Pell's legal bills won't be paid by Sydney Archdiocese, Archbishop says [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Pell dying in prison broke would be nice to see. Shame this Australia and nothing good happens here.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bikes shouldn't have to pay rego but seatbelts on them should be mandatory.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Centre left renewal

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Cars are just giant mobility scooters. Fine if you need them but if you're just lazy and want one then you're pretty pathetic.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Thanks to Pell Italian media is calling Australia a "paradise of orcs" [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Libs are branch stacking with Catholics to bring on the reign of fire [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Looks like people are trying to rules lawyer their way into blackface

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

do it on my face posted:

Can't wait to see what next month's thread does with Mia, Pell and splits :allears:

Congratulations on nominating yourself to do the thread.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Arguably Nazi Germany was better to because at least the Nazis got poo poo done. Not like our white pride losers.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm starting to move away from eat the rich and into just kill them. Even if they don't feed the poor it is still the right thing to do [SMH]

Teaser ftfa posted:

Some of the first customers purchased T-shirts with a recommended retail price of about $700. The goods were quickly sold to others further down in the queue for $1400. A red and white hoodie jumper emblazoned with the LV monogram and bold "Supreme" logo cost $1400 inside. Outside it fetched $2800. Yohei Takamura and his friend, an artist called Sheta, saw the news of the pop-up store on Thursday and caught a flight to Sydney from Tokyo. They arrived in the queue straight from the airport on Friday morning before doors to the pop-up shop opened at 10am.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

ABC posted:

Aquaman movie given permission to film at Hastings Point, despite locals' anger

It was more akin to a country soap opera than the bright lights of Hollywood, with a mayor in tears and claims the environment was being forgotten.

But despite significant community opposition, movie giant Warner Bros was cleared to film its blockbuster Aquaman at the Hastings Point Headland, on the New South Wales far north coast.

It took an emergency meeting of the Tweed Shire Council to rubber-stamp the proposal for the $160 million project after furious ratepayers complained they were not consulted about plans to block off the site for at least two months.

The council granted a temporary licence to film at Hastings Point, with regular checks to be conducted.

Aquaman, which stars silver screen royalty Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Jason Momoa and Willem Dafoe, is based on an American comic book character.

Duncan Jones, Warner Bros' location manager, said he had spent a lot of time talking to locals but conceded "a few had slipped through the cracks".

"This is a really exciting project, we do make films everywhere, this is not the only location for this production," he said.

"We embrace every community that we go to. We like to think we make movies, but we give back to everywhere we go.
"We give back in a positive way, not just in terms of jobs and money, but we give that Hollywood wow-factor.

"This is the magic of Hollywood coming to the Tweed Shire."

Environmentalists bemused by decision

This is not the first time the area has been used to film a major movie.

Many local residents claim native grasses at the rocky foreshore were damaged during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean last year and fear history will repeat.

Greens Mayor Katie Milne broke down in the meeting while delivering an emotional speech about how the town must not forget the environment for the "bright lights" of Hollywood.

Gary Thorpe, president of Progress Association of Hastings Point, could not understand the decision.

He claimed local residents were not properly consulted.

"I think there needs to be some sort of limitations given," Mr Thorpe said.

"Otherwise we'll have one film crew queuing up after the next with no regulation in place."
Tweed Deputy Mayor Chris Cheery, also a Green, said council had tried to address ratepayers concerns, but conceded they had learnt from the spat.

"We need to do our consultation for this sort project that is going to have a high community impact, quite a bit earlier," she said.

"We need to be clearer to the film producers what we expect."

Filming will start next week.

People like the loving mayor slipped through the cracks and Hollywood sparkles don't repair the hosed town.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Centrelink is hacking phones [Age]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Drug dealer + brown = terrorist [ABC]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

After she died Aveo put in an emergency buzzer, which as of Thursday wasn't working. [SMH]

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

This thread is now for complaining about no one making a new thread while also not making a new thread yourself.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Not my pic; the rally didn't last long enough to request a bigger one unfortunately

White guys got no stamina Mr Speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Just in case you can't read Hookshots post and are wondering why this thread is now closed click here. If that doesn't work then click this link like the loving idiot you are

• Locked thread