Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
gently caress its june already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

CrazyTolradi posted:

Just as I thought, the Bendigo Three are self representing because lawyers won't do the crazy dumb poo poo they want them to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60UPnY27jVQ
Strong suspicion he won't be knocking out a Mein Kampf while in the big house.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

open24hours posted:

Why do we have such an antagonistic relationship with East Timor anyway? I know we want to steal their resources, but aren't there more subtle ways to do it? Seems like a wasted opportunity to set up a client state.

[Edit: after reading the Wikipedia page it appears that's what we're trying to do, but we're not that good at it.]
Our intentions were clear the moment we sent John Farnham.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

Yeah, one person.

Meanwhile the rest of the press gallery just parrots whatever the Coalition and occasionally what Labor says. When was the last time a political journo actually asked a politician uncomfortable questions about their portfolio? Why isn't Dutton being dragged through the mud with him running Concentration Camps in off shore locations? How the gently caress is the racist backwards views of that hellbeast Pauline Hanson still given oxygen in the media? Why are the youth the first to get a kicking by our politicians when it comes to budgets cuts and assistance programs, whereas Baby Boomers reap the benefits of our out of control property market? Why isn't Turnbull and Abbott being exposed for their constant lies? Why the gently caress are Murdoch's shitrags and feral right wing commentators able to set the agenda? Why aren't they being called out for their hosed up racist views? Why has the non-Murdoch media, with the exception for some independent media, become some toothless? Where's the left's version of Andrew Bolt?

And why

why

is anything that looks like it could be a social good, be it a raise in basic wage or higher taxes for the rich some sort of Communist plot?

gently caress the political situation in this country. gently caress the Liberal and Labor uni students who step out of their shithouse inward looking club houses straight into either a seat or staffer position in parliament without even getting exposed to the real world. gently caress the minority forcing the political agenda in this country - why when most Australians want same sex marriage and euthanasia we still have a tiny vocal fuckwit bunch stopping it?

gently caress :smith:
Finally snapped huh?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

Watching the Frankie Boyle video just got me riled up when he talked about the media's part in the election in the UK. His words are so true

I can appreciate what you're saying. Plenty of hosed up poo poo at the moment for people, particularly if you're young.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Whitlam posted:

On the bright side, Victoria seems pretty set to legalise euthanasia this year, so that's something at least.
Sounds great until your kids are holding your hand while you sign the paperwork.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Lizard Combatant posted:

I know you're just doing your fine impression of a dullard here, but honestly if I either no longer have the strength to hold a pen or the wits left to notice, they can go ahead and sign me up.
I'm sure they will.

I understand the terrible suffering of some people who have a true desire to make a dignified exit, but overall people are cunts and will game any system to their advantage.

I can't see it coming to pass as something on the 'bright side' so gently caress you basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

JBP posted:

I'm gonna loving sign you up as soon as I can.
I'm sure you will have topped yourself long before you get a chance if you're as whiny as everyone else here.

• Locked thread