Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

snoremac posted:

Do recruitment agents get commissions when they successfully find an employee for an employer? I'm just wondering whether they have an actual stake in this that might explain why they suddenly became such assholes.

They don't do it for the love of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Compulsory voting. Corbyn irrelevant.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I mean he's not irrelevant, because good policy is good policy, there's just no reason for the ALP to want good policy at the moment.

They will always govern Australians so I can't ever see good policy being on the agenda.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They should have taken it to trial and slugged the government with a verdict.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lot of photos of fat ugly people in this article.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How does someone slip unscathed between inserting a bullet into your own brain and entering MRA town? Do you have to miss the shot or what?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

G-Spot Run posted:

What is MTGOW? I tried googling it but I'm not giving hits to redpill blogs/youtubes and couldn't see an urban dictionary or anything

Men Going Their Own Way.

I am strong
STRONG
I am invincible
INVINCIBLE
I can't get a
GIRLLLLLFRIEEEEEEND

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The great lurch to the right forward.

HookShot posted:

Ahh I assumed it was some kind of Magic: The Gathering thing.

Hi HookShot nice to see ur still posting bud.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

HookShot posted:

You too! I haven't looked at Auspol in like years but I saw the last poster was JBP and I was like "could it be???"

I forgot my password and Lowtax never replied to my repeated emails for help.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You Am I posted:

It's like the old LF AusPol days

Too many earnest posts about the greens being electable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

LF Bitch :sadwave:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dad tells a good story about the years he and some boomer mates spent living on the beach getting blazed and surfing all day while the gov bankrolled them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My uncle works at the government and he said the Greens want to shut down Nando's.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

QUACKTASTIC posted:

MiGoreng and Farmers Union Ice Coffee are the only things you need in life

Enjoy getting scurvy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Milky Moor posted:

*looks over at feminist frequency who 3/4 this thread probably thinks is amazingly perceptive and probably backed the kickstarter*

ha ha yeah!! gently caress you daily telegraph!! as if depictions of women could ever be troubling or weird!!!

I'm in the 1/4 so gently caress off, semper games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Red Symons potentially hosting a show called what's the deal with Asians is funny as hell though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Red Faces blackface Harry Connick Jr broadcast was basically our moon landing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mia Freedman is a bad boss and a total neolib shithead there is nothing wrong with having a crack at her, or her bullshit publication.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

HookShot posted:

As a woman, I think Mia Freedman is a shithead, irrespective of her vagina-having status.

All of my female friends perceive her as a politically clueless mums and bubs wanker. Then again I think Clementine Ford is Andrew Bolt for girls so maybe I should get on the Mia train.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Schlesische posted:

Miranda Devine Exists.

She is a low altitude flyer as far as generating massive waves of outrage is concerned.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BBJoey posted:

that people get paid for these utter dogshit analyses drives me to despair. "hmm yes labor had a historically high gain in total votes and the tories lost their majority, completely loving up the entire purpose of the election. but!!!!!! if you look at the numbers with no understanding of the political context, the conservatives won. i'm a political analyst."

What does increased voter turnout have to do with Australia, o wise one?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I was trying to promote some non dogshit political analysis from the esteemed D&D auspol community, but apprently this thread only understands how to tear down and denigrate, rather than build and create.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BBJoey posted:

this is an excellent refutation of an argument which i didn't make and which has nothing to do with my post, good job

Was his success based on increased voter turnout? I think it might have been! Did he win? No. What about this take is so outlandish? The author is also a former member of federal parliament, so maybe he is somehow qualified to provide said takes on politics and campaigning?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bogan King posted:

Being a former member of federal parliament is not really a good indicator of having any idea how this all works.

I'll give some time to the opinion of someone who has worked within the lovely westminster system and been elected to it over a random SALT op-ed or auspol AK-47s and communism hot take any day of the week as it looks inside the mind of the people that work there.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hobo Erotica posted:

Now she's a poo poo employer but no one has really offered any evidence of that either.

I often work with what was once the Australian Journalists Association. Mia bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BBJoey posted:

his take is "labor lost because they did not win the most seats" which is just as correct as "the romans lost the battle of herraclea because they lost the most men". the conservatives threw away their majority on an election they didn't need and are now hanging on to power by a thread; labour made major gains among key demographics and corbyn has proven himself as a capable leader. saying "labour lost" isn't wrong, but it's completely meaningless as political analysis.

i am in no way saying that the situation is analogous to australian politics because as you very cleverly pointed out, we have different voting systems!!!! way to go.

in fact, perhaps the difference in voting systems is reason not to automatically trust a former australian politician's take!!

The Romans lost that battle and Labour lost the election by virtue of not winning the election. Correct.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

This is the exact bollocks that was just railed against. Empty slurs with no corroborating evidence. Grats.

Their management psychologically crushes people that try to advocate for an EBA while the organisation publishes articles saying "tell a man to give you $280 because of the gender pay gap."

E: their employees are all women btw

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 16, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What bollocks was rallied against by the way? Are you talking about the Fairfax industrial action or some thread based rally against something?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

racing identity posted:

The "bollocks" was "suggesting Mia Freedman is anything other that gods gift to feminism, journalism and the workers" and it was being rallied against by Hobo Erotica in the 312th excruciating post he has made on the subject.

loving... Anyone that thinks Mia Freedman is a good deed doer or champion of anything needs their brain examined.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

See this is the part you seem to keep tripping over, Mia Freedman is in no way a progressive feminist, but you want to insist it's true anyway so you can keep up your search for outrage

*Hobo Erotica scans for new attack vector*

"Anti-Semites!"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

O, Saint Mia!

https://mumbrella.com.au/mamamia-to-pay-contributors-167891

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ewe2 posted:

Agreed, Mia Freedman is exactly the person Beautiful Daisy™ wishes she could be. She publishes opinion in the public space for money, she deserves neither defence nor outrage. Either laugh or ignore her, anything else plays into that dumb celebrity self-image. I don't care who she is, I sometimes care about the topics but I don't for one loving second think she's any more qualified to advance her opinions just because she has a website or got on to The Drum. She ain't no public intellectual, guys.

And people are bad on the internet, quelle loving surprise. I've watched her endless self-promotion and clashes with women on Twitter and that is not an engagement any man would feel welcome to join, let alone argue. Ita Buttrose might seem a fuddy duddy but she never stooped to this kind of bullshit, and was an actual pioneer for professional women and is still fighting the good fight.

She made a living off teen girls / young women's insecurities, then gets fired by cosmo or whoever and ends up pretending she's some mums and bubs feminist hero.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bogan King posted:

Today I hosed up. I meant to kill Peter Dutton but instead murdered a piece of mutton.

I'm handing in my AK-47 communism hot take cred card. Sorry to let you all down.

You bring shame on us all.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lmao are adults allowed to know where these fine premises are?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The joke was about the children going into a venue and getting googed out of their mind being bad.

The only Perth venue that interests me is the airport should I somehow be teleported there by a prank wizard.

E: actually does bakery still exist? That and the gay bar/pub in Mt Lawley were extremely pinger friendly venues.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There was that kid in Florida that took three pingers and killed his parents with a hammer. That would be some loving experience...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

The Bakery is gone. However if you meant the Queen's in Highgate (which isn't a gay bar but is openly LGBTIQ friendly) then there are tonnes of places as good as that, if not better scattered around Perth now.

Ironically though, none of them were mentioned in the above post about MDMA.

The Queen's is poo poo as I recall. I think the court might have been the one I would frequent (they did good raves in the carpark).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

Okay the court is very much one of a kind but it doesn't have a carpark as far as I'm aware. Huge beer garden though.

There was a big concrete carpark out the back, that may have been turned into a huge beer garden though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will give you all a hot tip, get on the pingers and book into a karaoke room. I suggest kbox in Melbourne for the most laissez faire approach to your strange behaviour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hobo Erotica posted:

Except that no one has actually shown otherwise. So we're done.

Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks to those that got it.

She likened the actions of gay people to paedophiles on television.

She shames sluts.

She's a neoliberal wanker that refused to pay contributors and when forced, bitched about it.

She actively stops staff from organising to collectively bargain.

I think your issue here is that you can't loving read or conduct the most basic Google search.

• Locked thread