Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Gorilla Salad posted:

But in horror story news, Stopping The Boats has taken a hell of a loving turn over in Europe.

(Guardian: "Far-right activists are planning a sea campaign this summer to disrupt vessels saving refugees in the Mediterranean, after successfully intercepting a rescue mission last month.")

It's Whale Wars but even more racist and incompetent!

The quote says "successful intercept" but I'm pretty sure those idiots were arrested after firing a flare at a boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

If glitter bombings are the work of 'violent extremists', why haven't any fairies come forward to condemn the latest attack

https://twitter.com/KirralieS/status/872253571638505473

I feel like just a short while ago, I was angry about holiday eggs

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-13/victorian-government-rejects-federal-welfare-drug-testing-plan/8613482

quote:

The Victorian Government has said it will not cooperate with the Federal Government's proposed plan to test welfare recipients for illicit drugs.
"It simply won't work, and it's cheap, populist nonsense designed to create a smokescreen as to what really drives disadvantage," Victoria's Mental Health Minister Martin Foley told 7.30.
"We've made it clear to the Federal Government, at two ministerial councils, that we're not interested in being part of this scam because all it will do is create even more demand for services that are already stretched, that are already under pressure from Commonwealth cuts, and we won't have a bar of it."
"If the Commonwealth wants to go out and demonise people and pretend they're doing good work in this space, let them do it somewhere else," Mr Foley said.
"Because all it will do in Melbourne and Victoria is drive more people into disadvantage."

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

There isn't a single Red Rooster within, north or east of Sydney CBD can you believe this

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

quote:

Firstly, she's not actually nude, because she has neither clothes nor private parts. She's effectively just wearing a kind of holographic body stocking. That's the conceit. However, like you said, that's what it makes you think of. We've backed into the canon and had this conversation even before we ever showed pictures of Cortana. Why is she doing that? Why would an AI pick that? Well, we have other AIs. We have one who dresses like a wizard. We have one who dresses like a World War 2 pilot. They do it because they feel like it's a part of their personality. In Cortana's case, because she's illegally cloned from a real human brain, she's a little bit different than other AIs. One of the reasons she does it is to attract and demand attention. And she does it to put people off so they're on their guard when they're talking to her and that she has the upper hand in those conversations. It's kind of almost like the opposite of that nightmare you have where you go to school in the nude, and you're terrified and embarrassed. She's kind of projecting that back out to her audience and winning intellectual points as a result. That's not why she was designed like that. That's how we've backed into our fiction. But that's the conceit and that's why she does it. She expresses that in her other behaviours and we've invested in that aspect of her persona.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I'll take the death of every firstborn in preference to a mothswarm given the choice

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Anidav posted:

Mark reads pol

The concerning part for me isn't people like Mark alone, it's the way similar opinions are insinuated through social media via memes and catchphrases

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

no, no, cut across the pizz- you know what, hand me the knife

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Bogan King posted:

Remember these guys. Turns out they are doing it rough with brand loving new cardboard.

It's a human tragedy, unless they're living near where I work
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-24/homeless-evicted-from-martin-place-for-being-public-nuisance/8648774
(check the flags)

quote:

Early this morning, before the workers moved in, a City of Sydney representative walked through handing out a letter to the homeless describing the camp as a "public nuisance".

"The accumulation of items in Martin Place, including a barbecue, gas bottles, tents, food and other items has been determined to be a public nuisance as it materially affects the reasonable comfort and convenience of other users of Martin Place," said the letter, written by David Riordan, director of city operations.
I doubt Martin Place is the most comfortable or convenient place to sleep in the winter. I guess it's ok to be homeless unless you want to eat hot food

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Actually it raises the question of why the CEOs bothered renting an empty carpark when they could've just walked out the office door, or got the council to evict the homeless when they could've just shat out a window

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Are clean coal-fired submarines an option?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

DancingShade posted:

Back then people thought it was all an adventure. It wasn't until ships full of thousands of maimed troops started coming back and sweethearts started abandoning their former fiances at the dock with horrified looks en masse that people took mortality into consideration.

Remember back then the propaganda was all about volunteering for danger to show how much of a man you were.

Yeah and it's not like you got to see how nasty war is on the TV

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Korgan posted:

They're loving with you. I have to attend appointments with my provider once a fortnight at the most. And yeah, the "job searching" they "provide assistance and facilities" for is a loving joke. Years back I was having to come in once a week to use their computers for job searching. PCs running outdated windows, slowest internet connection so your searches take forever (but it's ok, here's the local paper on the table and oh someone took the job section with them, welp), grimiest loving keyboards and mice you ever saw. Walking into that room was the most humiliating, demoralising thing. I finally found a job through no assistance of that useless pack of shits and they had the gall to mail me a satisfaction survey and then ring me once a week to remind me to fill it out and return it or otherwise my personal agent would get a low mark.

I was given an option to go to a job agency. Each time I went, I was told they didn't have enough staff to aid me, and was given another appointment date. After a couple of months they closed up and I was passed onto another place. By that time I was sick of it so I opted out. I'm pretty sure it was a scam?

abc posted:

Sydney bio-hacker Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow — his actual name —

i see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

norp posted:

There was an article in the conversation when the rumours of it came out a few months ago that detailed this will be the first time a cardinal has been charged with this - ever.

throw the book at him

no, the other book. poo poo

• Locked thread