Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So Obeid isn't nice to his mum?

quote:

A politician’s duty to act in the public interest is not a matter of law but of conscience, “like a duty to be nice to your mum”, a barrister for jailed former New South Wales MP Eddie Obeid says.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jun/05/duty-to-act-in-public-interest-is-not-binding-eddie-obeids-lawyer-tells-court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I feared that the worst might happen - that Bolt would come through with no permanent injuries - and sadly the worst did come to pass.

Clearly there is no god.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Isn't Ramadan not really a 'happy' time of year? I always find it weird that basically the only mass culture/media thing I've seen that got that was The Simpsons making a joke about an all-inclusive holiday special.

I'm not sure about the specifics but I travelled in Morocco during Ramadan one year. Muslims are not allowed to eat or drink during daylight hours but once the sun goes down everyone has a big feast. It was actually a really fun environment. After eating it seemed like everyone just went and had a big street party, kids and families everywhere until late at night, people having lots of fun.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The best part

quote:

Mr Abbott, who had not read the Finkel report, slammed the CET on Monday as a "magic pudding" and "a tax on coal".

I used to hate Abbott when he was PM, but these days I'm glad he's still around.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Is that Troy Buswell the chair sniffer?

I guess if anyone would know about moral degeneracy it would be him.

• Locked thread