Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Bogan King posted:

Melbourne dude was apparently yelling that it was for both IS and AQ. Given that those two are at full blown war with each other it is highly unlikely that he was doing anything other than being crazy and yelling edgy stuff. Every edgelorde flipping out is going to be pulling this sort of poo poo for years so don't read much into it.

I like to think Four Lions is a documentary that applies to most of this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Is ICAC different to WA's CCC?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Socrates - shifting goalposts from the grave

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The point of the UBI is that you set up the tax system to pay it back in a progressive way you doofus's

Although it should probably come out before deductions to stop the rich people gaming it with their artificial "low" incomes.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Can someone post the trickle-down is dead article from crickey please?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

snoremac posted:

Is it a cause for alarm if my employment contract says the employer can increase/decrease my pay at their own discretion? There are no stipulations - that's literally all it says.

Pretty sure that's not actually ok.
Send a query to FWA

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Bogan King posted:

Aren't you required to be connected to the grid and pay the connection fee for being connected though? Your power consumption bill may be zero but you still have to pay access fees.

Unlike gas bills (in wa at least) that have a fairly large daily connection-having fee, power bills roll the network fees into the per-kWh charge.
In fact this is what's causing the home solar/storage market distortion in the first place.

If you were paying wholesale + 20% margin + daily network fee you would either need to go off-grid or suck it up.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

iajanus posted:

A good speccy is who cares sport is boring.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Mtgow.... wife... does not compute

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Zenithe posted:

I recently heard that non QLD states don't get spicy KFC all the time.

What?? This is some sort of crime
In glorious WA we have had hot and spicy as long as I can remember

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Bogan King posted:

Given that every pub has pokies I thoroughly endorse not supporting your pub at all.

Good reason to support WA pubs.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

So WA labor are reminding us that they are complete trash

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...3a73e7043f5d8a6

Just why do they even exist

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

JBP posted:

Bikies should be eliminated by patrolling Havoc gunships anyway.

You mean reverse parole isn't the answer?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

DancingShade posted:

Duh. More student counselors bible bashers to indoctrinate the kiddos.

Stop quoting that you dumbass

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Isn't qld the one that still has abortion listed as a crime?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Don Dongington posted:

I really can't figure out what I'm more disgusted with - the disorganised and very public in-fighting within the Greens, or people ITT constantly quoting that loving post,

It could be worse, they could be debating bicycle helmet laws

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The transperth cards don't work when they are next to an EMV card (visa/MasterCard) so you will just have to choose your favourite and carry around a pile of severed hands for the rest so they don't interfere with each other

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Chicago had an awesome system where *any* payWave card could be used. The card wouldn't be charged unless you didn't have enough prepaid credit loaded.
The purchased cards were basically just prepaid Visa cards with no $$$ on them.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

snoremac posted:

So uh, is my job agency just loving with me by making me attend 13 appointments a month now? I've been on Newstart for 10 months but surely this is way beyond my minimum requirements? Already fired an email to the DoE for clarification.

That's almost a part time job on its own.

I bet they are trying to inflate some kind of metric they can milk money from - thats literally 60% of the business days in a month (assuming you don't have two appointments in a day)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The pictures of Abbott glaring from corners that they find for reporting on his sniping are always amazing

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

There was an article in the conversation when the rumours of it came out a few months ago that detailed this will be the first time a cardinal has been charged with this - ever.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Urcher posted:

That claim is arguably correct. Cyclists take up less space than drivers, but far more than a bus or tram at full capacity. It glosses over the energy efficiency and cycling being the most space efficient of the personal point to point transport options.

Cycling is far less space efficient than walking :colbert:

Edit: sorry, old tab and didn't realise the thread was 3pages on

norp fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Anidav posted:

This is the worst thing I have ever read.

Like gently caress me capitalism, If John Full Time can only afford to do groceries on a weekend and you surge price up your poo poo because of it simply being a weekend then John Full Time is just going to go to the fruit shop instead or a farmers market.

It also doesn't sound like it would work unless you evict everyone from the store.

If the price can change between you picking up them item and getting to the checkout it's going to cause immense frustration

• Locked thread