Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Didn't you see in the picture for that development plan? There will be enhanced public transport connections! Everything will be fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

I've actually come to the conclusion that anyone wearing a shirt of a Brisbane team is a loving lunatic.

Someone arrest iajanus

As if I support any Brisbane teams. Them's fighting words.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I'd say iajanus wishes he supported the roosters but nah gently caress that noise

Hahaha you'd think so today but over my dead body.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Kommando posted:

David, im from Perth.

So your judgement is not to be trusted, got it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A good speccy is who cares AFL is boring.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nandos is just disappointing. It's barely spicy and way overpriced.

Ogalo is where it's at. Make sure to get it every time I'm back in Sydney. Hopefully they'll open a store up here some time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Avocado is a must on chicken burgers. Especially with chilli. All the chilli.

Beef burgers should have tomato sauce, the lot, no loving pineapple, and beetroot is OK (but not mandatory, if I'm wearing a white shirt it can gently caress right off since I have no coordination).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

*places an entire uncooked pineapple in the center of a pizza*

this is so bad why would anyone do this what is going on

*is a goon*

best pizza is the Galaxy from Zio Pino in Mascot; every ingredient in the kitchen on a massive pizza with a fried egg in the centre. (pineapple removed, of course).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

HookShot posted:

I condemn thee to hell, where all pizza has anchovies! And there are no vegan options!

I believe that is heaven.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Had to take time off work due to allergies

I was doing shift work when that happened and woke up mid peak-redness. Thought the apocalypse was happening for a bit.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

JBP posted:

I am for the people, but not of the people heh

I just treat everyone with contempt, saves a lot of time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

Exclusion doesn't help children. This whole separate classrooms bollocks leads to depression. I remember in primary school in the 90s they had a special class for ADHD kids and quite a few of them had killed themselves by high school from depression.

yes but I don't think you understand how terrible it is that normies have to be exposed to their inferiors

should probably take their citizenship away from them at the same time

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

what kind of rear end in a top hat parents gave Pauline Hanson that idea?

Australians

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thought I might as well post this since I got some incredible support in here last year.

Once again I'm taking my life into my hands and risking insanity by doing Dry July this year. For the month of July I'll be alcohol-free, which considering the number of football games I'll be watching and State of Origin series NSW will be losing will be a very painful experience. I also have a number of birthday parties and work trips so not having a drink will likely lead to me living out some sort of existential nightmare (or just getting stuck listening to the most boring person in the universe since I won't have an easy out to escape). One way or another, this should be a wonderful experience for everyone who isn't me - why wouldn't you want to be a part?

Any help you could provide would be extremely welcome; all funds go to help people with cancer in a variety of ways (like therapies, comfort items, hospital furnishings and more). For more information on how the funds are used, please see https://www.dryjuly.com/tagged_posts.

The link is at https://www.dryjuly.com/users/peter-thorburn-2 and thanks in advance to anyone (and then curses in advance shortly thereafter)!

Now back to your regularly scheduled Greens/PHON posting!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Kafka Syrup posted:

He seems to be saying that by wanting equal education for everyone and wanting students who perform poorly to have enough attention to get them through schooling, is resulting in everyone having a mediocre education. Basically arguing that if there are 100 units of teacher time and each unit relates to a fixed improvement in student achievement, but focusing on bringing underachieving students to the median, high achieving students are becoming...less...brilliant? I guess he's simultaneously arguing that most people are idiots and shouldn't go to school, and that (if I'm interpreting his car analogy) those who can afford education should be able to pick the best education for their child? Maybe he's advocating complete privatization of the education sector.

I think your first mistake is assuming there's any cogent thought behind this diatribe in the first place.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

racing identity posted:

Is this some Liberal party astroturf bullshit?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It looks like the PM from the name at the bottom of the screenshot?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

My favourite part of that article is the bit where she openly tells the world that she has a safe at home stuffed full of gold and silver. That seems sensible.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This is the funniest part of the whole thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cardinal George Pell is set to be charged on summons regarding serious sex offences on Thursday.

Victoria Police are expected to announce the charges within hours.

Tim Minchin should start writing a new version of his song.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

"ok yes he's been charged but we mustn't interfere with the course of justice so nobody talk about it. Much like I would also do for every other person charged with anything. "

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Korgan posted:

Pell is saying he'll come back to Australia to face the charges. I was honestly expecting him to pull a Skase

I'll believe him when he touches down in Sydney.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Schlesische posted:

He was charged by the Victorian police, he'll land in Melbourne if he comes.

My mistake :)

quote:

"Cardinal Pell will return to Australia, as soon as possible, to clear his name following advice and approval by his doctors who will also advise on his travel arrangements.

"He said he is looking forward to his day in court and will defend the charges vigorously.

"He has again strenuously denied all allegations."

Yep, already seeding the excuse he'll use to not come over whilst saying he totes will. Shocker.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

:yeah:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

At least in perth, you arent allowed to take a bike on the train during rush hours.

Last time I checked in Sydney you had to buy it a ticket (that was a while ago, though)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Laserface posted:

I have 3 offices, 2 that are 40km from home and 1 that is 70km.

all three are near train stations.

currently its on average 1hr 15min drive to each office from my house in the morning and evening.

google maps tells me it is 2hr 47min to cycle directly to my main office, 2hrs to cycle to second office and 4hrs to the third office.

if I throw in public transport the travel time for each office is 3 hours.

Sometimes I even have to visit all three in the same day!

edit: I am a 30min Drive from my nearest train station.

I wish I could bike or public transport to work but my 27 minute drive would turn into an 1.75 hour public transport or 2.5 hours biking. gently caress Brisbane is terrible for this sort of thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mad Katter posted:

If you live 25km from your job and can't ride a bike, that's cool because nobody is trying to convince you to.

We can still have great public transport and good roads. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

I would loving kill to have viable public transport to work. In Sydney it was an hour on two buses to work or 45 minutes down the m2 - buses every day!

In Brisbane it's 30 minutes driving over the Gateway or 1.5+ hours via public transport. It's ridiculous. Someone needs to organise more than one loving bus route over the Gateway so I don't need to go all the way into the city and back out again to get anywhere.

Hell, to bus into the city is 45 minutes (non peak express) or 15-20 minutes by car. This city is terrible beyond belief if you don't want to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Where's someone in a truck when you need them?

• Locked thread