Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vincent Price elevates everything he's in. The show was almost tailor made for his ability to dial up camp to 11, it's just a shame he wasn't used that often.

Adam West didn't seem to enjoy a resounding stardom, but he was really good at what he did and I think what most endeared him to me was that he had the same subversive sense of humour right into his twilight years as he did when making Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The "Batman '66" comics are fun too

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If you have access to the "Batman: The Movie" DVD, with Adam's commentary - well, it's fun. It's like he's an older, wiser, more relaxed Batman watching his younger, stiffer self do a thing.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
gently caress. It's like losing Mr. Rogers all over again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't remember this Egghead episode of the 60s Batman show having this much racism.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
If anyone hasn't seen Lookwell, take out twenty minutes of your day.

It's a strong reminder of just how talented the guy really was.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Timeless Appeal posted:

If anyone hasn't seen Lookwell, take out twenty minutes of your day.

It's a strong reminder of just how talented the guy really was.

Oh this is really good, thanks for posting this

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sinKEVitch/status/873689522311053312

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Since it was chatted about a few pages ago, is the new Mummy reboot franchise D.O.A.? I've heard it's done pretty badly in the short time it's been out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wheat Loaf posted:

Since it was chatted about a few pages ago, is the new Mummy reboot franchise D.O.A.? I've heard it's done pretty badly in the short time it's been out.

It opened really well internationally so expect a bunch more forgettable monster movies over the next decade.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Wheat Loaf posted:

They're basically guaranteed to go through with at least one more but god willing either they try to make something better or get smacked down twice as hard to end this idiocy.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

It opened really well internationally so expect a bunch more forgettable monster movies over the next decade.

The rumor is that they want Dwayne Johnson for a Wolf Man movie. I don't know if it will be good, but I don't think it will be forgettable.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Super Dan posted:

The rumor is that they want Dwayne Johnson for a Wolf Man movie. I don't know if it will be good, but I don't think it will be forgettable.

Even if they do get him they'll probably waste him on the boring leading hero guy and let someone else play do motion capture for the Wolf Man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If we get to see a werewolf get Rock Bottomed it will all be worth it.

He's found a way to work the move into at least 3 of his movies already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

And none of those were either of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies!

Know how I know The Rundown was good? Because it had a Rock Bottom in the first five minutes.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Endless Mike posted:

And none of those were either of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies!
Because he wasn't in those, dude.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Which is why they are bad! (Kidding)

And no Batista Bombs, either!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Super Dan posted:

The rumor is that they want Dwayne Johnson for a Wolf Man movie. I don't know if it will be good, but

It doesn't matter if you know if it will be good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Super Dan posted:

He had movie were he was portraying Hercules and that movie was a chore to get through.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Man I love his Hercules
Also Scorpion King. I got the dvd last week and his commentary is kind of like Arnolds for Conan, but not as extreme. For dwayne, every scene is "here comes one of my favorite scenes..."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

It doesn't matter if you know if it will be good.
:golfclap:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
In Arkham Asylum: A Serious Comic About Serious Batman, why did Batman break down the door to let everyone go free? Doesn't he know he's going to have to track them all down again?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Job security.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just realised that it's literally a fortnight until the twenty-year anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone coming out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

I just realised that it's literally a fortnight until the twenty-year anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone coming out.

I did not read Harry Potter until I was over 18 and moved into my own place. Reason: Magic is the satanic and those books would have me performing rituals because it was full of secret anti Christian codes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Christ, I wish summoning demons was that easy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

And no Batista Bombs, either!

I love big Dave, but Batista bombs suck.

SMP
May 5, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Christ, I wish summoning demons was that easy

Well it's not too hard.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ha ha ha time's inexorable march isn't at all frightening!!!! Ha!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

got any sevens posted:

Man I love his Hercules
Also Scorpion King. I got the dvd last week and his commentary is kind of like Arnolds for Conan, but not as extreme. For dwayne, every scene is "here comes one of my favorite scenes..."
It's not even in the same ballpark if the director isn't also there and they go on a ten minute derail about wanting to bang the lead actress.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Because I know there are Britgoons around,
They should bring back Excalibur, but with the subtitle being "Coalition of Chaos."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I love big Dave, but Batista bombs suck.

To be fair, I think he decided that as well, because he just did regular power bombs in his last few matches and Michael Cole pretended that was the Batista Bomb the whole time.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Wheat Loaf posted:

Wow. I feel old now.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

They should bring back Excalibur, but with the subtitle being "Coalition of Chaos."

Alternatively, the Shadow Chancellor and his Shadow Cabinet.

We've had these obvious supervillain names for decades and they've never been used!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wheat Loaf posted:

Alternatively, the Shadow Chancellor and his Shadow Cabinet.

We've had these obvious supervillain names for decades and they've never been used!

For a while in Australia the Shadow Minister for Justice was the Representative for Batman.

Too bad he's a massive fuckwit.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

Someone call Al Ewing.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Ewing's about the only person who could make an Excalibur relaunch interesting for me.

(Finally, a POINT to all the extradimensional antics!)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Drax teaches Star Lord how to power bomb his wife.

https://youtu.be/SZYOn0lsF1w

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Drax teaches Star Lord how to power bomb his wife.

https://youtu.be/SZYOn0lsF1w

Ugh he didn't even powerbomb her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nice sneaky tit grab.

• Locked thread