Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
What is the usual delay for Injustice 2 issues to come out in print? I just saw some heartbreaking pages that I think are from the recently-released #9:

https://comicnewbies.com/2017/06/07/booster-gold-says-good-bye-to-blue-beetle-injustice-ii/

But how long before #9 comes out as a print issue I can buy at my comic shop? I've never read Injustice before, but apparently there's a delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looks like digital #9 will be the first part of print issue #5 out July 5th.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY170296

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Looks like digital #9 will be the first part of print issue #5 out July 5th.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY170296

I didn't realize they double up issues, so thank you for that!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. 'Digital First' issues are half page height (and weekly and only $1) so only make up half a comic when they're stacked up for print.

First two Injustice digital pages.

First print/collected page.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 14, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
No poo poo! Well, thank you. Can't wait to read that Beetle and Booster story. Here's hoping for a happy ending for them!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

No poo poo! Well, thank you. Can't wait to read that Beetle and Booster story. Here's hoping for a happy ending for them!

It’s Injustice. A happy ending probably isn’t in the cards.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only happy ending in all of Injustice is Black Canary's, and she got dragged back for the sequel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The only happy ending in all of Injustice is Black Canary's, and she got dragged back for the sequel.

She still gets a happy ending. Her and Ollie's kid goes on playdates with Harley's little girl and they all join the JLA. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

She still gets a happy ending. Her and Ollie's kid goes on playdates with Harley's little girl and they all join the JLA. :colbert:

If they're going to make an Injustice 3 they probably use the Superman ending of the main game, and that's not good for anyone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

If they're going to make an Injustice 3 they probably use the Superman ending of the main game, and that's not good for anyone.

Actually, I think Boon's already said they'd do the Batman ending.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gaz-L posted:

Actually, I think Boon's already said they'd do the Batman ending.
The Batman ending was so dumb and bland, though. The Superman ending has a million times more story potential.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'd actually be cool with them going to a different Earth in a third installment. Either make this new Earth the flip side of Injustice 1 and 2 where Batman went bad or where half of the JLA gets wiped out and Bats, Supergirl, and company need to help htem.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
The problem I see with Injustice is that it doesn't have anywhere to go aside from backwards.

You've had superheroes/villains forming factions and fighting one another in the first
You've got them reforming alliances to fight a bigger threat in the second

So where do you go from there? An even bigger threat than Brainiac? And this time they have to really team up for serious. I'd think the third installment would have to set its sights a little more low-key.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's DC's version of Skrulls?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Aphrodite posted:

The Green Martians?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Durlans, maybe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Earth gets megafucked because there's no Superman around so Flash goes back to stop him from going bad, but that breaks stuff further. If you say it's a take on Flashpoint people might forget that's exactly what the reboot Mortal Kombat was.

Something like that would let them bring back favorites and dead characters though.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Aphrodite posted:

Earth gets megafucked because there's no Superman around so Flash goes back to stop him from going bad, but that breaks stuff further. If you say it's a take on Flashpoint people might forget that's exactly what the reboot Mortal Kombat was.

Something like that would let them bring back favorites and dead characters though.

As long as future flash is grizzled and bearded I can get with this

And as long as it also maintains the MK reboot theme of '[time traveller] is actually a huge gently caress-up', rather than just 'oh no you broke time!'

e: have flash's change be giving Lois one of the super pills

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Durlans, maybe?

Yeah Green/White Martians and Durlans. More so Durlans because there have been plotlines with them spying on everyone like Skrulls.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super pill causes her to lose the baby. Superman goes into a depression and hides away in the fortress. Barry tries to go there to apologize, but bumbling chowder waiter shenanigans with the security system cause him to release Zod from the Phantom Zone.

Barry tries to stop Zod himself but the battle ends up destroying Coast City. Hal Parallaxes.

Barry traps Zod in the Speed Force, but he escapes soon after and bursting back into the regular dimension destroys Smallville.

Barry tries to apologize to Superman again, and...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Aphrodite posted:

Super pill causes her to lose the baby. Superman goes into a depression and hides away in the fortress. Barry tries to go there to apologize, but bumbling chowder waiter shenanigans with the security system cause him to release Zod from the Phantom Zone.

Barry tries to stop Zod himself but the battle ends up destroying Coast City. Hal Parallaxes.

Barry traps Zod in the Speed Force, but he escapes soon after and bursting back into the regular dimension destroys Smallville.

All culminating in Dark Knight Returns armor Batman slugging it out to the death with Doomsday.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Aphrodite posted:

The Manhunters did Secret Invasion years before the Skrulls did, so them, I guess.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of this game.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

pubic works project posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of this game.

Especially if you get to play as Barry and gently caress everything up yourself.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

purple death ray posted:

Especially if you get to play as Barry and gently caress everything up yourself.

JUST LIKE THE TV SHOW!

Edit: and the comics

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

And probably the movies, eventually.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He even hosed up loving things up in Batman v Superman.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Every time I'm reminded of that scene I have to go watch the Auralnauts version

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, I guess if you put together all his personal work where there's trans women getting beaten up all the time I guess it doesnt look so good.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/13/chaykin-trans-image-obsession-theme/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E: Lmao wrong forum.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 14, 2017

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
With Chaykin's art style, every woman is arguably a trans woman.

To be fair, his works have a fairly misogynist streak, too. I love how the Shadow had a "oh the hero is a misogynist from a different time, heh heh" but of course the modern girl can't resist his charms anyways.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

joehonkie posted:

No please go on, explain what this means in excruciating detail.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

transphobic slur followed by 'actually he hates all women trans and cis, so it's fine!'. :v:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

joehonkie posted:

Seriously? You thought now was the right time for this? You thought there was a right time for this?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

joehonkie posted:

Hey, late on the bandwagon but this comment is the loving pits.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Fair enough. I hosed up.

EDIT: I deserve the tearing up I'm getting here. It was a lovely thing to say and I'm sure I wouldn't have made the same joke about like ethnicity or something. Sorry guys.

joehonkie fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 15, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Injustice 3's plot IMO should take place in the Silver Age and be campy as hell

I'm talking Aquaman throwing a shark at Batman and Batman using his shark repellent

vermin fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 15, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

vermin posted:

Injustice 3's plot IMO should take place in the Silver Age and be campy as hell

I'm talking Aquaman throwing a shark at Batman and Batman using his shark repellent

I'd be down for this. Or Earth-Prime JLA vs. Earth-3 Crime Syndicate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Injustice 3's Earth-3 revolves around Ultraman who, after a terrible tragedy involving a nuclear bomb, realizes what a monster he's become and sets about reforming the world, struggling with Owl-Man who refuses to leave the criminal ways. Eventually Owl-Man is forced to go to another universe for help, bringing over the greatest threat the world has ever known: Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still can't believe Injustice 2's plot is some dumb Brainiac poo poo instead of my idea of Evil Superman being broken out of jail by alternate universe Dictator Batman.

• Locked thread