Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pre-made canned chili without beans.
A can of beans.

Mix, heat up, enjoy.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Two tortilla shells, cheese, salsa verde, bacon, microwave for a minute and a half. Quesadilla!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Add canned tomatoes to pot.

Add gnochi to pot.

Add seasonings or don't.

Simmer.

Eat.

Clean up:
1x Pot
1x Spoon or something

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Get some oil, 250g minced beef, an onion, a tin of tomatoes, some spaghetti, some oregano.

Peel and chop the onion up. When you're more used to this you can do it as you cook but if you're starting it helps to only have one thing to do at a time.

Pour​ about a tablespoon of oil into a saucepan. Heat it. When it's hot, add the mince and stir it about. Once the mince is brown, add the onion and stir some more. When the onion is clear, add the tin of tomatoes and a big shake of oregano. Stir well, let it simmer.

After maybe twenty minutes, put the spaghetti into another saucepan and boil it. When it's soft, drain it and combine it with the sauce.

This is a super basic recipe. There are lots of ways to make it better. Crumble a stock cube into the sauce. Fry mushrooms and garlic and carrots along with the onion. But you asked for something simple, and this was simple enough for clueless 18-year old Whybird to make.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
OP when I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking complicated things I just get some white rice, boil it and eat it with some salt+pepper (optional). 1 ingredient+seasonings and you will no longer be hungry, and it only takes like 10-15 minutes to make.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whybird posted:

Get some oil, 250g minced beef, an onion, a tin of tomatoes, some spaghetti, some oregano.

Peel and chop the onion up. When you're more used to this you can do it as you cook but if you're starting it helps to only have one thing to do at a time.

Pour​ about a tablespoon of oil into a saucepan. Heat it. When it's hot, add the mince and stir it about. Once the mince is brown, add the onion and stir some more. When the onion is clear, add the tin of tomatoes and a big shake of oregano. Stir well, let it simmer.

After maybe twenty minutes, put the spaghetti into another saucepan and boil it. When it's soft, drain it and combine it with the sauce.

This is a super basic recipe. There are lots of ways to make it better. Crumble a stock cube into the sauce. Fry mushrooms and garlic and carrots along with the onion. But you asked for something simple, and this was simple enough for clueless 18-year old Whybird to make.

this guys right. but id say put a few stockcubes in as a basic.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

put a hot dog in the microwave for 1 minute and then get a bun and put some poo poo on it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
just boil some flour in water

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
just corndogs

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
pour 1 fl oz of whiskey into a shot glass
using a bottle opener, remove the cap from a 12 oz bottle of beer (a 12 oz can of beer may be substituted)
empty the shotglass into your mouth
drink as much of the beer as you are able, as fast as you can.
smoke weed as necessary
repeat until you eat everything in your kitchen that wont directly kill you, or just call for delivery

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

- two cans of corn
- a can opener
:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/MYoTjJj.jpg
:nws:
Bone app the teat.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 14, 2017

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

- two cans of corn
- a can opener

Bone app the teat.

At which stage of the recipe do I go balls deep? I got the tip in and I ate half a can of corn, how do I proceed? this is urgent

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Paging Gordon Ramsey.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

In all seriousness OP, if you google "5 ingredients or less recipes" there are hundreds of them out there, probably whole books with just them. Some are bullshit and don't count spices/herbs as ingredients but some actually are really simple. Also if you get an instant pot some things are ridiculously easy and fast. Like you can just get hamburger meat, penne/ziti noodles, any kind of tomato sauce, an onion and mozzarella cheese and make pretty decent ziti in like half an hour that will last you a few days.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
1 tuna steak
season it with Cajun spice, herbs, pepper, and a pinch of salt
cook for about 3-4 mins on each side and put some lemon juice on there once it is cooked
get some side dish (rice or fries are really good)
gently caress yea that poo poo is tasty and healthy as gently caress

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mystery fluid posted:

At which stage of the recipe do I go balls deep? I got the tip in and I ate half a can of corn, how do I proceed? this is urgent

For more information Google tells me the best result for that image is "butt loving cream corn"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You really shouldn't take a formulaic approach to cooking, OP. Just be creative and use your own taste to figure things out.

If you have any kind of vegetables, steam them as a side or stir fry them. Grab some cheap frozen tilapia fillets, defrost them and throw them in the oven with some garlic spice, soy sauce and a pinch of butter. You don't actually -need- soy sauce or garlic spice or butter, but it makes things not plain. Hell you don't need tilapia either, just any fish will do. If you don't have an oven, you can pan-fry it too but it's messier.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

You really shouldn't take a formulaic approach to cooking, OP. Just be creative and use your own taste to figure things out.

This is good advice but for certain people still in the "I don't know what to buy when I go shopping" phase it's not the easiest to just dive into and having some basic starter recipes to branch out from is more effective. Like people trying to transition from frozen prepared meals and takeout to actual cooking will have no idea where to start at the grocery store, so basic recipes that include a shopping list make it a little easier.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Just eat oysters directly out of the can.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Oh yay thanks Reddit

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The second most offensive of that image after the "i am saying swears about cooking lol" is t he fact that the chili has no beans in it (green beans don't count as bean for this discussion).

e: nevermind i didn't see the beans i was too distracted by all the edgy swears

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cut...your own....loving...nipples off you....goddamn human being and...fry them...in...some...loving olive oil...my god oh god

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

butter

eat a whole stick of it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Add some water to flour and bake it to make some hardtack.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Seriously dude just buy some loving spices at the store. They keep for a long time if stored properly and just because a recipe might have 3 or 4 spices in it doesn't make it complicated to make. Get some decent cooking oil, vinegar, soy sauce, etc. as well. Onion and garlic are also awesome to keep around because they also last a long time.

You can pretty much make anything if you start there.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

thomawesome posted:

Seriously dude just buy some loving spices at the store. They keep for a long time if stored properly and just because a recipe might have 3 or 4 spices in it doesn't make it complicated to make. Get some decent cooking oil, vinegar, soy sauce, etc. as well. Onion and garlic are also awesome to keep around because they also last a long time.

You can pretty much make anything if you start there.

Ultra-low effort version: just buy onion/garlic powder for recipes that need those. It won't be as good but they last basically forever and will be much better than if you just don't use them at all.

They really do make things much better though. I used to be one of those people who would cook plain pasta and just put some butter in it and salt/pepper and eat that, but just adding garlic improves it a ton (although really you should add more than just garlic).

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Just fry some sliced potatoes and throw some shredded cheddar cheese on them for every meal op

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Put some cheese on a piece of bread.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
easy recipe:

pasta of your choice
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
oregano
capers or salad olives or anchovies or something salty and preserved and briny of your choice
olive oil
garlic
maybe a little lemon juice

cook the pasta
once the pasta is done, fry the chopped garlic in a decent amount of oil (maybe add your capers/olives/anchovy for like 15 -30 seconds)
dump the oil and garlic over the pasta, adding the rest of the ingredients and mix together, as per your taste
eat while the crushing realization of how lovely your life is creeps in.

This is what I call "lovely pasta" (even though it's not really that lovely) and I have made it a million times at 3 am while drunk.

Another easy recipe:

one can of black beans (el ebro brand is best, Kirby a close second, avoid Goya if possible)
2-3 garlic cloves
one medium or large onion
a bay leaf
cumin to taste
olive oil
1/2 cup-ish of beer (I just pour whatever I'm drinking into the pan, generally about 3-4 ounces)

Dice the onion, reserve a portion of the onion to keep raw (optional), fry in a saucepan or small pot until soft, browned, and translucent. Stir frequently, but allow for the little brown bits to form at the bottom of the pan. Just don't burn it.
Add the garlic in for about 30 seconds - 1 minute, mostly until you can smell the garlic.
season with cumin to taste, add the bay leaf, and fry until aromatic
add the beer, scrape the bottom of the pan while it cooks down into a thicker sauce (about 3 - 5 minutes)
dump the canned beans in with the liquid from the can. bring back up to a simmer and let cook on low for 20-30 minutes.
season with salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I like to add a dash of Worcestershire to add some meatiness but that's optional.
I generally serve with the packaged Vigo brand yellow rice (my great grandmother is rolling in her grave that I just dont make it from scratch but hey) with canned french peas on top, and I sprinkle some of the reserved raw onion on top of the black beans just before serving.

The instructions seem complicated for a single can of beans but it's really pretty straightforward. Also, dirt cheap. You can make 4-6 servings of this for 10-15 bucks.

Another quick childhood favorite:

look for cube steaks (sometimes called minute steaks) at the store. If you can't find them, eye round steaks will work in a pinch. If you can only find eye round, wrap them in saran wrap and tenderize them by hitting them with a can of beans or something heavy.
Fry some onion in olive oil in a pan (I like to cut them into thin ribbons for this) until they are golden brown or caramelized. Add garlic about 30 seconds - 1 minute before they are done. Remove from pan and set aside. Season the steaks with garlic salt or regular salt. Get the pan hot on medium high heat with some fresh oil and cook the steaks on each side for about 30 seconds each. Turn heat to medium low and add butter, worcestershre sauce, and the onion mix back in. Don't cook for long at this point. Just long enough to mix everything together.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
A new concept has emerged from Europe and it involves a bird called the chicken. You kill them and cook their flesh and it's pretty good

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

did white wine mussels earlier, pretty easy and tasty

Fry a few pieces of garlic (depending on taste) and some onion in olive oil, salt and pepper it, dump the mussels and white wine in and let simmer until taste good

that's the basic recipe you can add all kinds of stuff like herbs, cream or milk is really tasty too, in france they serve mussels white a cream white wine sauce and fries, it's really good

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
who needs spices when you have Huy Fong's Sriracha sauce

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Egbert's Chili recipe:

1 lb ground beef, turkey, or chicken (I usually use turkey)
1 can black beans
1 can white northern beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 sweet onion, minced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon

Brown the meat (drain if using beef), then brown the onions and garlic. Mix all ingredients together in crock pot and cook on low for at least four hours.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Too many beans

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

op it seams like you dont particularly like cooking or eating why not just make the jump to soylent

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Here is an extra easy one that is good and probably sort of healthy

Diced carrot
Diced onion
Scallions
Curry powder
Red lentils
Basmati rice
Chicken broth

Just throw all that poo poo except the scallions in a pot and cook it covered for like 20 minutes, put sliced scallions on top. Voila

You can also put chicken in if you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm just imagining this being the most important thing on earth to this person as they made it and feeling so sad.

• Locked thread