Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

Half, we get our cut and if his bosses notice he's sending nothing home he'll get replaced and we'll have to do all this bullshit again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

Half, we get our cut and if his bosses notice he's sending nothing home he'll get replaced and we'll have to do all this bullshit again.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Give me half, or you'll be in halves posted:

The toll keeper seems doubtful that their queen will allow it, but he certainly doesn't want to get eaten. He agrees to the deal, but says he'll have to clear it with his superiors in the capitol.

Finesse increases.

Back where we started posted:

What's the next step in your climb to dominance?

Fly directly to a big city and confront the human queen there.
Send one of my goblin minions to announce my new rule to the queen of the neighboring realm.
That's enough activity on my part. I'm heading back to my lair.

Brutality: 16% - Finesse: 84%
Cunning: 65% - Honor: 35%
Disdain: 93% - Vigilance: 7%
Infamy: 47%
Wealth: 6500 gold coins
Wounds: Uninjured

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

We've been building up to this, go see the queen in her city hopefully to explain how she's about to retire.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Get all up in Brenda's grill and politely explain that she's no longer needed.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

A goblin's not going to cut it for a meeting with royalty, so let's go ourselves.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Hi there. We can work something out or I can subscribe you to the Columbia House Record Club. Your call.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Halfsies, like the above said, best not to arouse suspicion, at least, not so quickly. It may be our nature as a dragon to be greedy, but I think we can stave off our lust for gold enough to play the long game.

Edit: Dagnabbit, a few seconds too slow. Oh well, might as well go ourselves . Let's face it, no one takes goblins seriously.

Gilgamesh255 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 27, 2017

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I say we do a [b] personal flyby [\b] over the city, burn a few buildings, roar menacingly at high volume, and so on. Then we send in the goblin to explain our terms, reminding the humans how much they're beneath us.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Cool castle. Shame if something happened to it... posted:

It doesn't take long before you are circling over their puny city; it would burn beautifully, and you could smash it into flinders, but it's full of wealth. You can smell the treasure from here. You settle heavily in the main plaza in front of the palace. As you land, your tail idly destroys the ancient statue of some dead king.

"Send out your queen!" you roar. People flee from the sound of your voice. "I demand to talk to her. Send her out, or I'll rip apart the castle piece by piece and then eat her once I'm done. NOW!"

Someone screams. You see worried courtiers staring at you from around the door to the palace, then hastily ducking back inside. From behind, the sound of a horse distracts you. You smell weapon oil and metal.

"Avaunt, foul beast!" challenges a human encased in metal armor. He carries a long lance with a pennant flying from it. "I am Sir Rodegard, knight of—"

Are you going to put up with that?

Let him finish his speech.
Eat him now.

Stats unchanged, and what the heck are flinders?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Let him finish. That way, it'll be even funnier when we bite him in half.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Eat him now. We do not suffer fools

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

This is business, and one should never negotiate on an empty stomach. Eat him.

Junpei posted:

what the heck are flinders?

Hi diddly hoh, combusterinos!

Dictionary.com posted:

flinders
[flin-derz]
plural noun
splinters; small pieces or fragments.

...I like my explanation better.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Eat him.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Past the lips, over the gums, watch out stomach, here it comes posted:

You knock him down before he ever completes his little speech. A claw swipe knocks him sideways off of his horse and sends the mount fleeing in blind terror. The knight rolls and awkwardly tries to get to his feet. As he does, he looks up to see you dangling the remains of the plaza's statue over his head. "Duck," you suggest, and he does. Then your head snaps down and catches him in your jaw. He struggles, half in and half out of your mouth, as you decide whether to eat him.

Devour him.
Allow him to live.

Stats unchanged.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

He's not worth the trouble. The armor gives us indigestion anyways. Let him go.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Allow him to live

Now we are just loving with him :v:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Allow him to live, he's too pathetic to eat.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Spit him out!

It would be funny if we threatened him to take off his armor, and ate him after he did. "Thanks, I forgot my can opener!"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

On second thought, you taste terrible. posted:

"You're too small to bother with," you growl, "and it's funnier to let you live knowing that you failed. Can't have you running after me, though." With a flick of your neck, you fling him into a nearby building. You hear bones snap as he hits the wall and promptly forget about him.

Mustering whatever dignity she can, the human queen steps outside the doors to her palace. You can smell her fear, and her courtiers beg her not to, but she emerges to meet you with what passes for human courage. You smile, a terrible sight.

"Beast?" she asks in a remarkably steady voice. "I am Queen Juliet. We have not offended you. What is it you want with us?"

What do you do?

Eat her.
Command the queen to surrender her kingdom.

No stat changes.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Mine now

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Give me keys to your kingdom, then tell me: are you tasty?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Your kingdom is now my kingdom. Any questions?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Junpei posted:

"I am Queen Juliet."

Not anymore.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

This is my land now posted:

How do you want to command the queen?

Brutally.
Cleverly.

No stat changes. And this is probably the most blatant "What stat do you wish to gain" choice that wasn't the introduction to the stats.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I r smrt

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Well, no point in changing now, we are a clever dragon.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Clever girl.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Fourthing cleverly.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

You know you I know you know posted:

"Dearest queen," you croon, "I am not without mercy. I am able to kill you and everyone you protect. Alternately, I could decimate your kingdom; your few remaining subjects would kill you themselves for betraying them to a fearsome dragon. I have a better idea, however. In exchange for a somewhat burdensome amount of treasure, I will rule you from afar. You will become MY kingdom, and my subjects, and in return for your obedience and tribute I will protect you. What say you?"

The soon to be ex-queen's eyes are bulging. "Great dragon," she stutters, "that is a very kind and gracious offer. We would be blessed to have as mighty a protector such as you. May we have some time to decide?"

Give her some time.
No, she must decide now.

Stats unchanged.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Now. Who the hell says no to a massive dragon that's 3 seconds away from devouring you? Give her time and the only thing she'll do with it is raise an army and get foolish ideas about who's kingdom this really is.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Like hell she's going to actually consider it if we leave her be. We'll take that oath of loyalty now, if you don't mind.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Nothing's going to change in the next twenty minutes, Queenie. Answer now.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Decide now, if not we should just eat her.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

It's not very clever to give the queen and her underlings a chance to build up a defence.

Going once...going twice...

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

You have twenty seconds.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Oh yeah, sure, we'll give you plenty of time to rally the troops and move them into position to screw us over--yeah, no, how about NOW.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sorry for the wait, everyone.

Bow. NOW. posted:

"NO!" you roar. "You must decide this instant, human. Is not the ability to make rapid decisions a good quality in a ruler?"

"Yes, O mighty dragon. I will accept you as my ruler, and perhaps through me you will administer to your new kingdom." She raises her voice to anyone who can hear.

"Kneel before your new sovereign, O people!" she shouts. "Behold the dragon ruler, Gorthalon!

You depart clutching the first of your tribute in your claws, exceptionally pleased with how the day has gone. You'll have to wait for treachery, of course, but you have a good feeling about this. You've never owned a kingdom before.

Finesse increases; Infamy decreases.

Double Dragon posted:

You rule over your territory for several uneventful years before your goblin minions begin to report some disturbing news. They have seen another dragon raiding within your territory, seizing tribute that ought to be yours, and eating your prey. Based on their description, you realize that the dragon is none other than your elder clutchmate, Axilmeus.

Axilmeus was always an overbearing brute, seeking to seize what did not belong to him. (You may recall what he did to your golden shield.)

What do you do about Axilmeus's incursion into your domain?

This is intolerable. Axilmeus must be destroyed!
Another dragon on the far reaches of my territory is not worth a response.

Brutality: 15% - Finesse: 85%
Cunning: 65% - Honor: 35%
Disdain: 93% - Vigilance: 7%
Infamy: 40%
Wealth: 8000 gold coins
Wounds: Uninjured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A state that can't maintain its integrity isn't going to be a state much longer. Go slap our brother around (preferably in a sneaky way, we probably can't take him in a straight up fight).

• Locked thread