Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Always Alliterate All...Titles. Dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was going to say that I was ready for San Jose to face a gazillion chances from Portland only to win the game on a counter, but then one of their dudes got 2 yellows in 2 minutes and welp.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

whypick1 posted:

Always Alliterate All...Titles. Dammit.

Appellations :eng101:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

I was going to say that I was ready for San Jose to face a gazillion chances from Portland only to win the game on a counter, but then one of their dudes got 2 yellows in 2 minutes and welp.

And what a bad red it was. This ref is calling a bunch of bullshit while letting some bigger fouls go. I'd be happy if Windows had a yellow and the other guy was still playing without even 1 yellow.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

...goddamn you. :argh:

San Jose could really use a "How did everyone forget to mark him?" Wondo goal before half, because it seems like Portland is going to dunk on them any second now.

El Jebus posted:

And what a bad red it was. This ref is calling a bunch of bullshit while letting some bigger fouls go. I'd be happy if Windows had a yellow and the other guy was still playing without even 1 yellow.

I still don't know how that 2nd yellow was even a foul.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

...goddamn you. :argh:

San Jose could really use a "How did everyone forget to mark him?" Wondo goal before half, because it seems like Portland is going to dunk on them any second now.

No they won't. Timbers gave a big bundle of hair to Seattle for a voodoo doll or killed some kid's puppy and aren't allowed to win a game for a while.

whypick1 posted:

I still don't know how that 2nd yellow was even a foul.

It wasn't! I dislike San Jose as much as the next sane person, but that is bad reffing. But what's worse? The English announcers...

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

That 2nd yellow was bullshit gently caress this ref and gently caress this earth

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

That's what it takes for the Timbers to score!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

El Jebus posted:

It wasn't! I dislike San Jose as much as the next sane person, but that is bad reffing. But what's worse? The English announcers...

One of the few times I'm glad I have the Timbers local feed.

Geez, even they're laying into the ref over that sending off.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 3, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That sure as gently caress looked like a PK/possibly red to me...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Honestly? I think Adi fell over and could have actually scored that. Right call.

It's definitely been called a pk in many games and will be called in many more, but knowing Adi I feel like he got lazy and thought he'd get the call and I'm ok with him not getting any of his fall downs called.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 3, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Based on that replay, definite foul.

OK, on that other replay, guess not. Well then.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 3, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was just going to say the Timbers should feel bad for only scoring a single goal, but then that happened.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

I was just going to say the Timbers should feel bad for only scoring a single goal, but then that happened.

That was a frustrating game to watch. It lessens the pain of last weekend, though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'd just like everyone to look at the revs home and away results.

What in the goddamn gently caress is wrong with this team

Now look at houston

Basically what's wrong is that we have three draws that should have been wins

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like Sky Sports is showing NYC vs Philly today, so I get to see David Villa clown all over whatever the hell the Union put out there today.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Just looked and Kljestan wasn't called up for venezuela.... ok. Good for us then

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

Looks like Sky Sports is showing NYC vs Philly today, so I get to see David Villa clown all over whatever the hell the Union put out there today.

MLS Live is apparently not showing this game. They are "working on it". Decent game so far?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

El Jebus posted:

MLS Live is apparently not showing this game. They are "working on it". Decent game so far?

There have been some very nice saves by Andre Blake, but so far at the half most of the game is just people slipping and falling on the crappy turf.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

There have been some very nice saves by Andre Blake, but so far at the half most of the game is just people slipping and falling on the crappy turf.

It started working and wow, lots of falling.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Slippin' and slidin' all over the place, this is ridiculous

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And Philly scores first with a nice shot.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is Alberg still decent?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That goal for NYC was a long time coming, Blake can't stop everything.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

binge crotching posted:

That goal for NYC was a long time coming, Blake can't stop everything.

Like that rebound, for example

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Two corners, two goals. NYC were the better team, at least for the part of the game I watched.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They were the better team, the only thing that made it close was Blake.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
nice early goal for Atlanta, Gressel with yet another assist

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

That was nice. Great pass between Ousted and his defenders.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Atlanta can't deal with Kendall Waston

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

trem_two posted:

Atlanta can't deal with Kendall Waston

Normally when people say this it involves him bulldozing people but hey, I'm all for old dogs learning new tricks.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Dallan Invictus posted:

Normally when people say this it involves him bulldozing people but hey, I'm all for old dogs learning new tricks.

Maybe Parkhurst or Pirez will pay attention to him at some point. I'm not optimistic though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Maybe Parkhurst or Pirez will pay attention to him at some point. I'm not optimistic though.

Or pay attention to anyone, really

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Three! Three goals scored by Whitecaps defenders!

(honestly Waston could have had a hat trick with just a little more luck)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What the hell just happened there? (VAN-ATL)

edit: OK, ref had a temporary case of the derps apparently.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

What the hell just happened there? (VAN-ATL)

edit: OK, ref had a temporary case of the derps apparently.

I'm just impressed that he realised he had made a mistake and actually changed the call, when does THAT ever happen?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That was a nice save by TFC keeper.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ooof, dang Vazquez...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Get hosed New England lol premature cannon fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Brutal scream into a mike but nice defending by my local boys TFC.

• Locked thread