Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Yay charity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Atlanta got rooooooooooobbed

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Acosta murdered Atlanta last time, I figured he'd be good for it again.

I'll still donate :20bux: to the SPLC though :greenangel:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Atlanta got rooooooooooobbed

OK, guess DC was blessed by the offside flag. Still an atrocious challenge.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not even 10 minutes in and Portland's losing and Chara got a talking to for persistent infringement :woop:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Timbers are starting their late game defending really early today.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Timbers playing even worse than the second half of the COL game last weekend.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Acosta murdered Atlanta last time, I figured he'd be good for it again.

I'll still donate :20bux: to the SPLC though :greenangel:

I'll pay up too. MLS~

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Good lads

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Pretty hilariously dumb penalty against Minnesota's goalkeeper.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Pretty hilariously dumb penalty against Minnesota's goalkeeper.

I was in another room, was it the right call? I didn't get a good look at the replay so I couldn't tell what really happened.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah he comes out to try and claim it and is a full step behind. Its 100% a pen. It was dumb because he tried to get all the way to the top of the 18 yard box, and was never going to get there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

El Jebus posted:

I was in another room, was it the right call? I didn't get a good look at the replay so I couldn't tell what really happened.

Let's put it this way: if the ref didn't call it I'd be 1000% convinced the match was fixed.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Yeah he comes out to try and claim it and is a full step behind. Its 100% a pen.

Thats good to know, I was afraid it was Valeri going down too easy because the Timbers haven't played like they should be level. Then again Minnesota hasn't really looked great outside of the first 10', either.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Nice dive.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Decent half volley there for DC's 2nd. Goal machines those guys.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So DC can only score when playing Atlanta then?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Does Minnesota play a Loon call when the half starts?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress that was a pretty goal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

gently caress that was a pretty goal.

It really was. Timbers deserved to be burned there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This game has turned into the Owen Goal Show

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

This game has turned into the Owen Goal Show

He's my man of the match, for sure.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That is pretty bad from Neagle

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That was rather timely from Hamid.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Especially with the deflection, pretty good stop.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not so timely from Attinella.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Not so timely from Attinella.

Timbers' GK coach is going to scream in Attinella's face for a few hours about how you punch that.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Hopefully a majority of the yelling is just telling him to let the two defenders standing right there, to take care of it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

So DC can only score when playing Atlanta then?

Remember how everybody tuned into Chicago games for guaranteed goals at the start of the year? Turns out that Atlanta is the true expansion team clown defense.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And Portland's comeback will begin in 3...2...1...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I'm gonna need to see this again, but is this two reds?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No, just the one on Minnesota. Blanco did nothing but get it in the juevos.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

No, just the one on Minnesota. Blanco did nothing but get it in the juevos.

Look at this idiot

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Blanco kicked out as well, it just looked a little more subtle.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Blanco kicked out as well, it just looked a little more subtle.

Yeah, it was after he was already down. I'm not angry at that, I think a yellow would have been ok. I think the MNU player is gonna maybe get an extra game or two, too.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I actually think 10 v 10 suits Portland here. They were sitting a little too deep and didnt have an outlet. Can't really do that now and should make it a little easier to get out of their own end.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It was a nutshot right in front of the ref. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get at least 2 games total.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

These MNU announcers are no bueno.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was just going to ask if Miller and Vytas could get yellows :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

El Jebus posted:

These MNU announcers are no bueno.

"Veteran play to know you have to take a foul there..."

Not sure about that Mr. Co-Commentator, pretty sure every forward in the league is going to try and shield that for a yellow.

• Locked thread