Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think that should have been another pen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Looked like Shuttleworth and Mattocks got to the ball at the exact same time.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah I couldn't really tell if he beats the keeper to it or not. Would have been nice to get a different angle of it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

Every game that stadium is empty. That city doesn't deserve to have a team. Bring back Chivas USA!

There might be more people in DC than there are in Seattle...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Will Bruin is both cool and good

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

That goal was indeed cool and good

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That was the scrambliest of scrambles in the box there

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not sure if that's yellow worthy, but it's Will Johnson, so definitely deserved.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

:lol::lol::lol:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Well thats a good point for Orlando

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids came out firing, gave up a goal on a bad turnover, then fell asleep in the second half to make it 2-1. They weren't completely out of it until LA's penalty to seal it. And yes, that was legit.

So it goes.

Now a depleted (due to injury) and tired team (these guys always seem tired) continues their 7 games in 21 days. Up next? Atlanta away. If Atlanta doesn't win by at least 2 I'll be surprised. Unlike Toronto this team doesn't have the depth to do much more than lose.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Did you guys know soccer is on tonight?

Just saw two Revs take each other out on a header. One might have a broken nose, the other a broken brain.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Another Rev dislocated his finger after all 3 subs were used. And there's 6' of stoppage. Can't wait to see who else dies before the final whistle.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And Gio takes a 96 minute clearance and makes two people look silly on the goal. Because of course.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

good to see we can win a game with 47 hours rest and heck, i'd like dallas to get back into their game and tie it up

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Rapids came out firing, gave up a goal on a bad turnover, then fell asleep in the second half to make it 2-1. They weren't completely out of it until LA's penalty to seal it. And yes, that was legit.

So it goes.

Now a depleted (due to injury) and tired team (these guys always seem tired) continues their 7 games in 21 days. Up next? Atlanta away. If Atlanta doesn't win by at least 2 I'll be surprised. Unlike Toronto this team doesn't have the depth to do much more than lose.

The Rapids suck?

Whoa.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A reminder of what happened the last NYC-NYRB was shown on FOX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEugTNIHUvk

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
"Look at this sellout crowd here at Red Bull Arena"

*acres of empty blue seats*

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

"Look at this sellout crowd here at Red Bull Arena"

*acres of empty blue seats*

They said on the broadcast that a bunch of the parking lots around the stadium were flooded, so people had to be redirected elsewhere, causing delays. Even then...yeah...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, something happened that wasn't a yellow card.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm 95% sure the only reason Lampard is watching a NYCFC game is to reminisce over how much money they gave him to do jack poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That Harrison goal was filthy and good.

The East is New York, Chicago and varying degrees of trash.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Toronto?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

They're the North, of course.

(I spaced on them and don't know why)

Also NYC actually playing defense for the first time in team history is exciting, also that goal, that silly rear end goal

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That was RB's first SOG? Jesus

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That...sure was something by Matarrita.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Jersey don't look nearly as fluid as years past. Looks like their window is closing.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Jersey don't look nearly as fluid as years past. Looks like their window is closing.

Sometimes I still marvel that we managed to get Dax from them. I mean, he is getting older but, drat, he's good.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Meanwhile, I learned today that Philly has more DMV natives than D.C., which is super annoying.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

30' into Rapids at Atlanta, and so far the big highlight is Josh Gatt getting hit in the nuts with a pass upfield.

Not terribly exciting but if it leads to a point that's enough.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Kind of funny that Columbus keeps trying to play down the same side as all the black and yellow streamers they shoot off at kickoff.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Picault creates the insurmountable 1-0 lead for Philly, super glad I didn't bother with this road trip and took the job instead

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And Castillo gets a yellow for a stupid tackle on Pirez. Yup. That's a yellow alright.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Picault creates the insurmountable 1-0 lead for Philly, super glad I didn't bother with this road trip and took the job instead

It's blacked out in Baltimore which is weird cause I haven't had issues watching either team before. Sounds like I shouldn't be too upset to be missing it, though.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

camoseven posted:

It's blacked out in Baltimore which is weird cause I haven't had issues watching either team before. Sounds like I shouldn't be too upset to be missing it, though.

If Baltimore gets a USL team, maybe it'll be time to see how they run things. All these promises of We'll Spend Money In The New Place are starting to ring hollow.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Two quick goals over in the Columbus/Montreal game.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

No score after 45' in Atlanta, and no red cards for Castillo. Yet. Good enough.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Oh yeah I forgot I have an account here, anyway its a nice 73 degrees night here in Toyota Park with Orlando City visiting the red hot Men in Red Chicago Fire. It been awhile since I went to the game and the Fire been doing well since I last posted here. I think they won the last time I was here so hopefully it will continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Edit != Post

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 25, 2017

• Locked thread