Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

It's been three days and none of you fuckers has put up a thread yet?

June is without doubt the worst month. The football's done (except for the CL final but as no English teams are involved it's poo poo). The transfer window hasn't properly opened yet (don't tell City that). Friendlies haven't started (don't tell Liverpool that). So what can we talk about?

Managers
There's been a number of managerial changes since the end of the season:

Sam Allardyce has left Crystal Palace to drink pints of wine on the beach
Arsene Wenger has defied expectations and signed a new two year contract extension (hahahahahaha)
Marco Silva has left Hull to take over from Walter Mazzarri in a move that sent waves across the division

Promoted Teams
We welcome all the hundreds of Huddersfield, Newcastle, and Brighton and Hove Albion fans to the Premier League thread. I know this is going to be a difficult time with such an influx of new posters, but I'm sure we'll find a way to manage.

Beach Pics
All the Arsenal players are on holiday so expect a lot of pictures of them topless on beaches around the world

That's it. There's nothing else to talk about. gently caress this dead gay sport and this dead gay forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

EvilHawk posted:

Promoted Teams
We welcome all the hundreds of Huddersfield, Newcastle, and Brighton and Hove Albion fans to the Premier League thread. I know this is going to be a difficult time with such an influx of new posters, but I'm sure we'll find a way to manage.

OTOH the FL thread is free of thousands of Newcastle posts for a season

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Enjoyed reading the op and now feel better informed about why June is the worst month.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

can't wait to watch us draw 0-0 away at huddersfield and see numerous replays of a fat man who's only left yorkshire twice jump up and down like his team aren't bottom by fifteen points

cannot wait

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have lived in Yorkshire but I never visited Huddersfield because everyone always said that it's horrible

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
This is the first time that I'll watch my team in the top flight, looking forward to being patronised by pundits, being called a pooftah by a mancunian and getting beat every week. Oh and also everyone being confused about why we have a rivalry with Crystal Palace.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd have said July is the worst month but there you go

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Per Mertesacker has apparently retired

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Haven't found any good sources saying that, but it'd be an incredible way to go out. He has more left in him, though.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
more like poop merdeshitter

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

This is the first time that I'll watch my team in the top flight, looking forward to being patronised by pundits, being called a pooftah by a mancunian and getting beat every week. Oh and also everyone being confused about why we have a rivalry with Crystal Palace.

Do you have an actual seagull as your mascot? I feel like that is the most important question.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

MrBling posted:

Do you have an actual seagull as your mascot? I feel like that is the most important question.

Yeah, it used to be a dolphin but at some point in the late 70s it got changed to a seagull after Brighton fans regularly chanted that back to Palace fans chanting eagles. Yeah its about as noddy as it sounds.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Don't forget getting 3-6 points out of your matches against Liverpool.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I would like Brighton to do well so my teenage cousin down there stops wearing United shirts

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Yeah, it used to be a dolphin but at some point in the late 70s it got changed to a seagull after Brighton fans regularly chanted that back to Palace fans chanting eagles. Yeah its about as noddy as it sounds.

Is it a real seagull or a guy dressed up in a seagull costume?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

I was in a pub with a load of Brighton fans and it sounded like they were chanting "Sieg Heil!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AlexPorterMEN/s...s-live-13134051

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

that's a meaty united lineup, phwoar

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

who is Gaizka Mendieta and why is he here

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vegetable posted:

who is Gaizka Mendieta and why is he here

He was a good player when Valencia were a non-poo poo club, OP.

e: loving hell Lazio paid €48m for him back in the day

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 4, 2017

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

been a tiny little game so far. saldado's glorious hair, rooney's failed hair transplant and a lot of boos for john terry

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:unsmith: Cool to see Vidic play again

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Amazing that almost all of these old guys have a better first touch than Rooney today.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol at them misspelling his name ffs

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tbh John Terry's been a bit too good, somewhat ruining the occasion for the United team

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Carrick's just scored a brilliant goal, very nice

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vegetable posted:

Carrick's just scored a brilliant goal, very nice

That was as good as Saha's miss was bad (very)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sorry for triple posting but Rooney got brought down and has been arguing vociferously with the ref about being denied a penalty even as the crowd's clapping Carrick for being subbed off. This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
loving lmao at rooney arguing with the ref in a charity testimonial

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's arguing with the ref again

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Rooney is the worst most embarrassing and pathetic human

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there'll be at least one article written about how it shows his commitment and passion and he deserves a new contract

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rooney was real bad, selfish and argued with the ref. Seedorf looked fitter and technically superior than him today

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm glad Good Guy Rafa Benitez and Newcastle are back in the Premier League

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
LONDON - Police conducted a raid on a block of flats in Barking, London, on Sunday morning as part of the investigation into the terror attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market last night.

Sky said the raid was on the home of one of the attackers - implying that police already know the identity of at least one of the three terrorists. [The names of the attackers will be published in this post as soon as they become available.]

Twelve people were arrested in the raid. Locals told Sky that they recognised a neighbour as the suspect who had been killed by police last night. One suspect, seen in the image above, wore a close-cropped beard and wore an Arsenal away football shirt.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

julian assflange posted:

Rooney was real bad, selfish and argued with the ref. Seedorf looked fitter and technically superior than him today

No homo but Seedorf is an Adonis and will be ripped until the day he dies from being too in shape.

Rooney will die six months after retiring after gaining 100 pounds in a week.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Paddyb posted:

Twelve people were arrested in the raid. Locals told Sky that they recognised a neighbour as the suspect who had been killed by police last night. One suspect, seen in the image above, wore a close-cropped beard and wore an Arsenal away football shirt.

these wenger out protests are getting out of hand

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Rooney didn't look the slightest bit out of place playing against retirees. Him arguing strenuously with the ref after receiving a weak push in the box was hilarious.

But the funniest bit was Carragher slamming into Gary Neville lol :cawg:

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 4, 2017

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

PirateBob posted:

Rooney didn't look the slightest bit out of place playing against retirees. Him arguing strenously with the ref after receiving a weak push in the box was hilarious.

he also put in a dangerous slide tackle on phil neville for absolutely no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

he also put in a dangerous slide tackle on phil neville for absolutely no reason

He's still as passionate as ever, you see. He can't help getting fired up, he's a born competitor. Any club would be lucky to have him.

• Locked thread