Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

Vynar posted:

Sit them down with a serious and yet not stern tone. Hand them a spoon and ask them to hold it. Thank them then talk about whatever serious issue you have. They will be too confused by the spoon to fight you. The key is to remain serious and make sure that you do not laugh at all unless relevant to the conversation. You ignore the spoon.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Kthulhu5000 posted:

paradoxically, teenagers seem to like puberty, but hate talking about it.

so you can throw them off by starting every serious interaction with something loud and fast like "HAVE YOUR BALLS DROPPED YET I'M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THEM!" and then quickly tossing in the actual subject of what you want to talk about.

"HAVE YOUR BALLS DROPPED YET I'M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THEM! Also, your grandpa is coming to visit this weekend."

"HAVE YOUR BALLS DROPPED YET I'M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THEM! Also, we're going out and you need to babysit your younger siblings. There's pizza money on the counter."

""HAVE YOUR BALLS DROPPED YET I'M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THEM! The coach says your grades are awful and you might be cut from the team!"

They'll be too embarrassed and abashed to automatically argue with you, and then you win.

This can be doubly embarrassing and confusing if your teenager is of the female variety.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

• Locked thread