Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Sounds about right cause I know a four player co-op game does exist for Shrek since four player co-op games such as Digimon World 4 were a thing at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I will freely admit that DW4 is not a good game but I do personally like it for how different it was from other Digimon World games with the Gauntlet style gameplay and the fact that you're playing as a Digimon rather than a tamer.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Looking at that boxart, I only have one thought: somebody give Guilmon a sandwich.

Why?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I would like for them to tackle the concept again in a better game

Same.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Because he looks malnourished.

Ah, that's fair.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Geez, those Doctor Who movies from the 60s has some stiff competition for getting just about every drat thing wrong from both the original game and Extra Large. And I say this as someone who is indifferent to Shrek as a whole apart the first two films which I personally consider good.

Like yes, Shrek was basically a middle finger to Disney and apparently not regarded highly by the production staff when the first film was being made, with being forced to work on it even being a punishment at DreamWorks. But you'd think that there'd be more effort put into the drat game at least.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 12, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Earlier I likened this game to Amicus Productions' film adaptations of Doctor Who in terms of sheer incompetence and getting every drat thing wrong (watch Nash's reviews of them to an idea of how hilariously awful these films are). The reason I say this because it missed one of the factors I believe contributed to the success of Shrek as a franchise.

This factor being the fact that while Shrek is not an overly complex character and isn't meant to be, he's also not a walking brute stereotype either. In fact an early joke in the original Shrek film involes the titular character correcting someone mixing ogres up with giants.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 30, 2017

• Locked thread