Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Let him self-sabotage - does he have "alcoholism" on file as a disability with your company or no?

Is he protected class?

What's stopping you from firing him right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bill Pullman posted:

Hey that's why I'm asking these questions. I've had difficult situations before but this is a new one on me and my management style is all about trying to inspire people, not fire them for stepping out of line. But if I have to I will, it's just something I've never encountered. I used to manage a much bigger team and I had a lucky break with them because they were awesome. Even the people who resented that a peer became their manager ended up having a really good experience with me (other than the one I managed out of course)

I had a protected class subordinate get caught stealing. Ownership was afraid of firing the employee, so it festered and the employee began calling the managers racist and it was a really bad situation. Cut their hours down to 4 hours/week and they quit. Then they got fired from their next job within 2 weeks and tried to come crawling back.

Don't let poo poo like that fester.

• Locked thread